What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gosford Tigers?

angeman

Juniors
Ok so i've been reading a few threads about the Tigers relocating or even the joint venture falling apart and have been think more bullsh!t. Things like the Perth Tigers blah blah blah.

However in the papers over the last few weeks there has been a few statements here and there talking about the Tigers being a candidate for relocation due to financial reasons. Our our three league's clubs in that bad of a state. I really think we need to make the three league's clubs Wests Tigers clubs not Balmain or Wests. And then of course the same with the reserve grade. Back to the topic of relocation though worryingly in today's paper Singleton's guys from Gosford stated that the Tigers and Bulldogs have many supporters in the area. They were also stating that the Bears are dead and they would welcome a side relocated from Sydney. This plus the financial incentives from the NRL and I'm concerned. I just thought the most likely candidates for relocation would be Cronulla os Souths. Is all this just a few coincidences or is the club actually considering the relocation?

I would have never believed this kind of thing before but now with the move to Telstra I'm not so sure where we lie? Thoughts????

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
The JV has seen to much blood spilt and only now is it starting to heal with record crowds. Moving to the Central Coast will destroy whats left of Balmain and Wests and while im sure Wests Tigers are smart and realise that they need to make money (hence stadium australia), they wont go to that step and move the club entirly.

I know from internal talk that the leagues clubs have a few plans up their sleves to keep the JV, Wests and Balmain alive!

Mighty Tiger

Bench
If Balmain did relocate it would be very unlikely that it would be within NSW because of the new tax that has been introduce thats all I will say!

galea#13

Juniors
if we ever went to gosford they will disown us like the eagles .They want there own team not a relocation. That is the main problem they want to move melbourne but wat happens when they are disowned and the wests tigers are going no where !!

angeman

Juniors
gee i hope we don't relocate. i think within a few years and a few more decisions - combined premier league, wests tigers leagues clubs replacing current 3, less home grounds - ultimately just leichhardt and campbeltown - we will actually achieve our proper identity.

Go you Tigers!

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
angeman said:
gee i hope we don't relocate. i think within a few years and a few more decisions - combined premier league, wests tigers leagues clubs replacing current 3, less home grounds - ultimately just leichhardt and campbeltown - we will actually achieve our proper identity.

Go you Tigers!

If only you were the CEO

meltiger

First Grade
It would have to be Balmain or Western Suburbs alone that did it. The Joint Venture would be split into a fourth faction, Ashfield, Leumeah, Balmain & Gosford would not work.

I think you'll find the Telstra Stadium move will shore up the clubs finances enough to give them time to sort the Leagues Clubs out.

meltiger

First Grade
angeman said:
i think within a few years and a few more decisions - combined premier league

What rubbish.

The Melbourne AFL clubs have embraced the old VFA clubs and killed off their own Reserves sides, and it is working fine. Without Richmond for instance Coburg would be dead now.

There is no need to merge the two reserve grade sides into one.

Sooner or later people will realise that two into one goes better than one.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
meltiger said:
angeman said:

If we continue to play 2 PL and JF sides they way we are at the moment Balmain won't be around for very much longer - thats why they are viewing other options and thats why they arranging to have a simular style JV in PL with Ryde-Eastwood this season and why Balmain approached Wests to merge Balmain's PL sides.

innsaneink

Referee
meltiger said:
angeman said:

What rubbish.

The Melbourne AFL clubs have embraced the old VFA clubs and killed off their own Reserves sides, and it is working fine. Without Richmond for instance Coburg would be dead now.

Dribble....keep ur faggy ping pong outta it.
WTF does richmond and coburg mean to me? SFA!!
You may as well be talkin bout Nagasaki and Osaka

Combining the PL teams IS the way of the future.....whats the point of paying pro reserve graders that are going to offer us nothing....ATM Balmain and WestsPL's are semi retirement homes for a lot of players.....one merged team with the cream of the crop from both Wests & Balmain Jnrs, and used as a portal towards 1st grade is the way WestsTigers should be heading.
No surprise this is the head coaches way of thinking to.

Just a Q mel.....who the f**k do you support?
Balmain?
WestsTigers?
Or some AFL mob?
I'm never quite sure.

Eddie.

Bench
Richmond, what a rabble they are.

But whatever works for them doesnt mean it will work for the WT's.

meltiger

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Just a Q mel.....who the f**k do you support?
Balmain?
WestsTigers?
Or some AFL mob?
I'm never quite sure.

Richmond first and foremost as when our club was going to fold the fans rallied behind the club & saved it & it will happen again when we go broke in the next three years.

Balmain less so these days as they aren't in the top grade. & yes I realise that is a weak excuse.

I also support the Warratahs and the Wallabies, however I fail to see where the problem is in supporting more than one game? Your homophobic attacks on Melbourne's game mean very little to me. When the Wests Tigers can draw 30K against an out of town team then we'll talk ...
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Richmond/Coburg was one exmple - As I barrack for Richmond that is obviously the prime example that comes to my mind. Collingwood/Williamstown would be another. Footscray/Weribee another.

All Balmain going to Wests about merging the two lower grade sides proves is that the administrators of the club have absoloutely zero heart and desire to save the club. Sooner or later you Sydney people, like those of us in Melbourne realised long ago that if you rally behind your club it can be saved. Just because the majority of supporters lost their heart over last 5 years doesn't excuse it ...

If Richmond losing two million dollars a year can support Coburg ... Then there is no reason Balmain Leagues cannot support a stand alone PL team. Even if they have to go into an aragement with Ryde-Eastwood. If the club & the fans let the Balmain colors die then they should be lynched.

& I would say the exact same thing about the Magpies board if they did the same thing.

& I still do nt buy the argument about 30 reserve graders meaning you have more depth than 60 ... Maybe if they ever get the draft back in I would concede but whilst you can buy players at will the simple fact is if you have more to choose from you are better off.

nqboy

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Dribble....keep ur faggy ping pong outta it.
WTF does richmond and coburg mean to me? SFA!!
You may as well be talkin bout Nagasaki and Osaka...

The Super League vision lives on.

ucantseeme

Juniors
The results of the Daily Telegraphs NRL fan Poll have revealed we are the LEAST hated team in the comp, with 0% of votes. It also revealed us to be one of the more popular clubs.

The reason I bring this to your attention is, if any team were to be relocated, the Tigers would have the best chances of success. The eagles are one of the more hated clubs so them relocating would not be good since tey would struggle to win over locals.

I'm not saying we should move but we would have a better chance of succeeding then any other NRL club if push came to shove.

Once Dead

Bench
NO CLUB OTHER THAN ONE CALLED THE "CENTRAL COAST BEARS" WILL BE ABLE TO BASE ITSELF OUT OF GOSFORD........HOW HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND?

freeridermx

Juniors
why do you think that is the case the coast said that they will take any one now so i think you have the wrong info. it was only till 2007 that it had to be the bears but they have pulled out so they are inviting any one who is interested

Anonymous

Juniors
meltiger said:
If the club & the fans let the Balmain colors die then they should be lynched.

Ah...you're a supporter. What the f*** are you doing to help save the club? Or have you abandoned it? What a hypocrite you are.

If you guys do relocate, I hope it's as two separate relocations (Tigers and Maggies) as at least that way your respective histories and jerseys would be re-claimed. But I guess your JV is easier to live with as things seem pretty fair and both clubs are well liked.

About the Gosford issue, I think the reason The Eagles failed was because they only played half their games at Gosford and the other half at Brooky. It could of worked if the team was called "Central Coast Eagles" playing at Gosford permantely. The crowds were big at the begining but who would want Manly and on a part time basis.

But back to my original point, don't let them relocate you as a JV. You did the right thing (at the time) by linking up and unless relocating would see the Tigers and Magpies return as separate entities, don't let it happen.

Just on that, would you prefer a joint venture? Or something like The Magpies in Adelaide and Tigers in Perth? The history and tradition of both clubs would be retained and they'd play in Sydney most weeks against other Sydney clubs (just like the South Melbourne Swans). Then again, as I said before, your JV is probably easier to live with than ours.

westie

Bench
Im just curious, how do you propose that we change the leagues clubs into wests tigers leagues clubs?