What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gotham

Pugzley

Just saw the first episode of the new Batman TV series. Damn looks the goods. :shock:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Is it airing in Australia yet? I think Nine have the rights to it, but I didn't see it mentioned on their schedule.

whall15

Coach
10:30 Saturdays in March, in glorious Standard Definition.

I don't know actually, probably something like that.

Pugzley

Is it airing in Australia yet? I think Nine have the rights to it, but I didn't see it mentioned on their schedule.

Nope. That's why I got an episode that fell off the back of a truck. :sarcasm: Still perfectly good though.

Eddie Lab

Juniors

coming soon apparently. they'll probably do the same as what they have done with Arrow. wait for the season to end and then start airing it at random times and days. at the same time Nine will question why australians pirate. hmmm I wonder.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I thought it was a really good first episode. I think they picked a good starting point. Probably didn't need to introduce every main Batman villain though.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Agreed, that was the one thing that annoyed me in an otherwise very good episode. That this one event would lead them to coincidentally come into contact with every eventual villain within the space of the first episode.

That made it feel a bit forced to me, but hopefully now that's out of the way the show can develop.

Pugzley

It just had Ivy, Riddler and Catwoman as background characters and they fleshed out only Penguin. Nothing wrong with that. Penguin might the only season 1 final boss that Gordon goes against.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
It just had Ivy, Riddler and Catwoman as background characters and they fleshed out only Penguin. Nothing wrong with that. Penguin might the only season 1 final boss that Gordon goes against.

Yeah, but that was on top of introducing Falcone, Fish, Gordon's partner, a pair of good cops with wrong suspicions, suspicious wife, and more than a couple of hints at the Joker, (without it being the actual Joker) all as potential obstacles/antagonists.

It was a lot to cram into one episode. Personally I prefer it when they do that straight up and then allow the show to develop afterwards even if the first episode feels a little off pace because of it.

As long as they don't just keep giving them all cameos just to remind us they're there and not do anything with them. If there's a purpose to it then I'll be happy.

Pugzley

Watched it last night and actually really liked it, must say when it comes to tv shows DC is on top.

True. Arrow and Smallville were great. Gotham looks to be an epic series. Flash pilot was good. Wonder Woman and Birds of Prey were the only flops for DC.

Agent's of SHIELD was the only Marvel tv show I can think of from recent memory (and it's great.) If only they made a Deadpool or X-Men series.

Don't know if the show Mutant X is Marvel or DC.

natheel

Coach
I'm assuming they will develop the future major criminals more. Penguin looks like the craziest haha

Pugzley

I wonder why they went with Bullock is corrupt routine while in the comics it was revealed that he was more grey.

Parra Pride

Coach
Quite liked the first episode, looking forward to more.

Saw the ad channel 9 was running for it, you could be forgiven for thinking it's a show about Bruce, and not Gordon. :lol:

bileduct

Coach
Agent's of SHIELD was the only Marvel tv show I can think of from recent memory (and it's great.) If only they made a Deadpool or X-Men series.
There's a whole bunch of new Marvel TV shows coming out through Netflix in the near future. Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and a Defenders mini-series. All are set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.