What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould again accuses dragons of illegal play

millersnose

Post Whore
gus gould again uses his position on sundays footy show to tell the world the dragons are cheating in relation to dominant tackles

this follows a segment earlier this year where he even filmed the roosters SG ball side demonstrating how st george cheated with decoy runners

there is no doubt that gus thinks the drags are a team to beat in the finals

btw good luck on the weekend - should be a great atmosphere for the local derby

Southernsaint

Staff member
Millers,

Welcome to the calm before the storm, LOL. It should be a top game on Sunday, both teams desparate for a win, a full house at Kogarah's Jubilee...

Why are any of us surprised that Gould has again targeted Saints for special "analysis"?? He's been doing it since 1999. Saints can take heart from the fact that the Roosters clearly think we are the team that poses the biggest threat to them, hence their whingeing. He's a bitter little man who still claims that he was a Saints supporter as a kid :roll:

Gus still hasn't answered Kevvie Walters' question from after the Grand Final in 2000, "When are you going to give the pig its head back, Gus??"

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
millersnose said:
absolutely
Come over to the Taj before hand and I'll get Rex to buy you a drink. :D

As for Gus Gould, I gave up taking him seriously some time ago. As a sports commentator, he's doing for Easts what Rex Mossop did for Manly... except the Moose was funny.

millersnose

Post Whore
will be there with bells on

i think you underestimate goulds ability to influence referees

one only needs to look at the sudden rule interpretations on the eve of the 2002 finals after numerous articles by gould in the press

christ he just got one sacked in the SoO series

Anonymous

Juniors
Well actually, I thought Hampstead's performance wasn't up to standard. But it was strange to see him dumped when the League so often sticks by the refs regardless. Especially considering how they allowed Harrigan to run his own agendas for years on end.

Let me put it this way: Gould appears to have some camaraderie within the NRL. His arrogance towards the media was getting more pronounced and he seems to act like he is bullet proof. I'm sure you can farm out what I mean. :lol:

Nugby

Juniors
Hehe, I thought Hampstead performance wasn't up to standard in our brisbane game, but ignore gould, he's the biggest wanker in the game and I'm glad we're letting any other person do origin next year though I'd take bloody Wayne Bennett before Ricky Stuart still.

Ribs

Bench
Yes its becoming quite obvious that all this bullsh*t about being drilled by Bill Harrigan and being super disciplined is stuck in referee's heads. Especially the ones with no testicles like the prick we had Friday night.

Holding down in the play the ball with no chance of being penalised is how I saw Friday night. How they can get away with it astounds me....

Ive got plenty of respect for Gould but this last month of seeing Stuart calling us the favourites before two of our toughest matches and now this submitting in tackles bollocks really gives me the sh*ts. Exactly the same comment came out of Gould's mouth in 1999, just as we were heading to the finals.

If the fat headed wanker loves the game so much, how about leaving it as a level playing field and not using the media for the advantage of the roosters?

In saying all that though, I saw enough not to be too worried about the Roosters come September.

I was going to head up and say gday Ben S, as I was having a chat to Adrian out the back at half time, but I wasnt in the mood for it in the second half.....

Southernsaint

Staff member
Ribs, mate I'm glad you had your chat with him at half-time, by full-time he wasn't all there, LOL. I might see you at Jubilee, eh??

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
Ribs said:
Holding down in the play the ball with no chance of being penalised is how I saw Friday night. How they can get away with it astounds me....
lol. A little trivia for you. Hampstead was the same ref who penalised Saints out of the match for hold-downs in 2000... and against the same team. He seems to have a change of heart. :lol:

Ribs

Bench
ha ha yeah definitely have a beer at Jubilee but if its a tight game against the shanks, i dont want to be near Adrian for the sake of my health.

Benny

First Grade
Maybe he is trying to take the focus off the Roosters who have a third player coming in every tackle which is in fact a flop to slow the play the ball down - Gould is a wanker!

Ribs

Bench
Exactly. There is always a third player lying on top which means the last guy doesnt get up for 5 minutes...

Fitzgibbon 40 tackles, 18 flops by my count.

STSAE

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
Millers,

Welcome to the calm before the storm, LOL. It should be a top game on Sunday, both teams desparate for a win, a full house at Kogarah's Jubilee...

Why are any of us surprised that Gould has again targeted Saints for special "analysis"?? He's been doing it since 1999. Saints can take heart from the fact that the Roosters clearly think we are the team that poses the biggest threat to them, hence their whingeing. He's a bitter little man who still claims that he was a Saints supporter as a kid :roll:

Gus still hasn't answered Kevvie Walters' question from after the Grand Final in 2000, "When are you going to give the pig its head back, Gus??"

Cheers,
Ben S.

You should be careful or we will have to pull out that old Alfie Langer classic "Saints cant play...."

Maybe to update it for the modern day it should read " Illasoxthatarestained cant play............" Sounds good to meeeeeeee.

Maybe this rumour can fill all your hearts with some more p-noia:
Remember 1975, cant quite erase that one eh, 38-0?????
Well remember the famous painkilling injection, we filled it with Arties piss and ran it strait in for the big "Piss in Boots" injection.
Its all true I swear, Im not just "pissing in your pockets".

Bensux, What a pisser.

:lol: :lol:

bubs

Juniors
millersnose said:
one only needs to look at the sudden rule interpretations on the eve of the 2002 finals after numerous articles by gould in the press
Never has a truer word been spoken.;
And Guess who was the team he was trying to influence the press was.
Sharks vs Goosters. Round 26. And the Goosters had to win to get a home final.
Coincidence, eh?

Anonymous

Juniors
STSAE, Unfortunately, you've just edited the meaning of someone's post via the quote function.
This is an admin warning:
------------------
:twisted: EDITING OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS
Every member has the option to quote other member's posts when making a reply. Please note that posts which edit another person's post (by way of a quote) will be deleted. Repeated attempts at editing in this manner will result in a warning being sent and possible expulsion.
-----------------
Don't do that again.

_Johnsy

Referee
I just hope we come across the gould "rooters" in the semi's. It would give me so so so much pleasure knocking them out in 2004. They are shit scared of us, they are yet to play us with a full strength side, bring it on hens, bring it on.