What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould

Our recruitment over the last few years has generally been great. Penrith seem to buy about 20 new players each season that are mostly of a garbage standard and have a high turnover every season because of this, throw in strange coaching appointments and sackings as well.

Can't say i would particularly want this sort of scattergun approach to the playing roster happening at this club if this old dinosaur turned up trying to run the joint.

reminds me of Chris Anderson's approach. No thank you.

Frailty

First Grade
Can someone actually point to what he has achieved at Penrith? I keep hearing about what an amazing job he has done there, but it's never usually supported by evidence.

I'm not denying it, just want to know what he's done.

sharkpanfa

Juniors
Can someone actually point to what he has achieved at Penrith? I keep hearing about what an amazing job he has done there, but it's never usually supported by evidence.

Turned around massive debt, the club was on the brink of closing the doors.
Dramatically improved junior pathways.
got funding for an amazing football academy and stadium upgrade.
Fixed a screwed up salary cap.
Sponsors lining up.
He has massive influence with people in power. More often then not they get to play who/when they want to play at home.

He also put many people offside!

Turned around massive debt, the club was on the brink of closing the doors.
Dramatically improved junior pathways.
got funding for an amazing football academy and stadium upgrade.
Fixed a screwed up salary cap.
Sponsors lining up.
He has massive influence with people in power. More often then not they get to play who/when they want to play at home.

He also put many people offside!
SO you are saying he is "can do" type of guy?
I'd say hes more of a can't.

cb4

First Grade
I'd be open to entertaining Gus if he were to come in as a General Manager of Football Operations, on the proviso;

• He stay's out of coaching
  • He is involved in recruitment and retention at the Coaches discretion
  • He oversees sponsorship
  • He is involved in us taking a game overseas/rural
  • He keeps us in the Shire
Anything else and he has too much power.
I actually think, despite him being an egotistical maniac with way too much to say at times, that we would be a match made in heaven.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Gus has always been so negative about us over the years, i wouldnt trust him.

His first decision would be to change name of ground to the Bermuda Triangle how often does he say that about our ground

TheFrog

Coach
Ever since Griffin was booted, Gus's days at Panthers have been numbered. I do believe this year is likely to be his last. That does not, however necessarily mean he'll want to take on a similar role at another club. He's getting on in years, isn't in the greatest of health, and has a very successful media career. If he does go to another club, its the workaholic in him winning over his known need to slow down for his own longevity. The two and a half hours driving he saves every day might clinch the deal.

Any story about Penrith has been held back until this week for extra traction during the "Cleary vs Tigers extravaganza".
Next week this topic, plus others, will not be talked about.

snout

First Grade

Pie sales are at an alltime high

Ads

First Grade
I'd be open to entertaining Gus if he were to come in as a General Manager of Football Operations, on the proviso;

• He stay's out of coaching
  • He is involved in recruitment and retention at the Coaches discretion
  • He oversees sponsorship
  • He is involved in us taking a game overseas/rural
  • He keeps us in the Shire
Anything else and he has too much power.
I actually think, despite him being an egotistical maniac with way too much to say at times, that we would be a match made in heaven.
Agreed. Keep him out of the coaching of the NRL team and he would be a great pick up.

bluefox68

Staff member
Ruan sims looks like a female gus.

WTF is going on there!?!?
Are we allowed (in this PC world) to comment negatively about a female’s appearance?

Maybe she’s been dining out on Macca’s...??!?

Don Tweddle

Juniors
Remember when Gus signed a coach without interviewing him, realised he was shit, feuded with him for ages and then sacked him with the finals just weeks away, costing the club millions?

The guy is a myth.

Latest posts