What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Graeme Hughes and 2sm

Yngwie_70

Juniors
For those of you that listen to Talkin Sport do you find that it is the most negative show on radio or TV? Nearly everyone of them except for Gavin and Pappy seem to talk the game down. Why is that? It seems ever since Graeme wasnt voted in by the members of the Bulldogs that his axe has gotten sharper. I rarely ever hear him say anything positive about Rugby League and Peter Tunks is just as bad. Mark Geyer is a good genuine bloke but even he changes his tune on 2sm. What gives? Angry Pills.

Lungfish

Juniors
I totally agree mate i find it hard to listen and turn off a fair bit because of the negativity.Hughes has an agenda and him backing up what Sonny Bill did in order to talk down the Bulldog management and bring up how contracts were broken in Super League is a joke! If something is wrong in the game people talk about it but 90% of the show is negative!! Hughes seems to think he has all the answers so im wondering why he doesnt put his hand up for the job of the NRL CEO.Id much rather Johnny Gibbs & Brandy on 2ue,more interviews and not ALL negative.

Mr Saab

Referee
The show was fine 2004/5/6
Then when they didnt get the radio rights they threw all their toys out of the cot. I guarantee you that if they were allowed to call the games the negativity would not exist.
Agreed about 2UE. Much better show and much less negativity without the continual dribble about the state of the game and Peter Tunks going on and on and on about the Dragons and how lucky they were or QLDrs who "lie cheat and steal"....its f**king boring

Mick_63

Juniors
Lol
The negativity on here is priceless.You blokes still getting read stories from Golden books?
Hughes has an understanding of the game that is pretty much unparalleled.
Sure he was pissed off that they didnt get MNF,and rightly so when you consider what they had to offer compared to MMM.
So he has been on the front foot about wrestling and other issues for a long time now.
Now others like Sterling,Gould are on the bandwagon
Not all is well with the game,and thank god he has the nuts to shine a light on the problems.

If possible though they could improve the show by cutting down on craigs contribution

Parra

Referee
No point turning the show into a mutual admiration society with the NRL. If you want to see where that path leads you then watch Danny Weidler's exploits.

I don't think that Talkin' Sport is all negative at all. It gets too repetitive though - some of the callers and subjects just will not go away. Maybe they should change the name to "Flogging a Dead Horse"

Last edited:

Snoz

Juniors
i don't mind the show but cringe everytime i hear peter tunks - he just loves himself a little too much

big boppa eel

Juniors
Lol
The negativity on here is priceless.You blokes still getting read stories from Golden books?
Hughes has an understanding of the game that is pretty much unparalleled.
Sure he was pissed off that they didnt get MNF,and rightly so when you consider what they had to offer compared to MMM.
So he has been on the front foot about wrestling and other issues for a long time now.
Now others like Sterling,Gould are on the bandwagon
Not all is well with the game,and thank god he has the nuts to shine a light on the problems.

If possible though they could improve the show by cutting down on craigs contribution
In my opinion Hughes has lost all credibility backing SBW dogging his contract, what a goose.

Brutus

Referee
Take Pappy and Robertson off the show and it improves tenfold.

I am a little disappointed in Hughes' comments over Sonny Bill though.

On the radio rights issues, the NRL deserve all sorts of criticism for that one. I'm in the 2SM corner with that issue, agendas or not.

To the posters who said Hughes should go for the NRL CEO job:lol: I'm sure the NRL spin doctors would love someone like Heaps:lol:

One question I would like to know is how old is "I Say" Craig and when do you think he will pass away?

Last edited:

Cheezel

Juniors
For those of you that listen to Talkin Sport do you find that it is the most negative show on radio or TV? Nearly everyone of them except for Gavin and Pappy seem to talk the game down. Why is that? It seems ever since Graeme wasnt voted in by the members of the Bulldogs that his axe has gotten sharper. I rarely ever hear him say anything positive about Rugby League and Peter Tunks is just as bad. Mark Geyer is a good genuine bloke but even he changes his tune on 2sm. What gives? Angry Pills.

I have said the same thing before. The show is the most negitive rugby league show on the radio. All this from guys that are suppose to love the game. They should start talking about the good football! I heard a caller tell Tunks he way negitive and the Hughes cut him off! Sums it up for me. They like to dish it out to everyone else but can't take it when listeners tell them the cold hard truth.....they are negitive through and through. Instead og bagging the game why don't the promote some fresh ideas

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Jimmy Smith was better on there, but yes I agree lately there's been so much negativity, but unfortunately its true.

However I do wish they would just stop talking about the Bulldogs letting go the players over the years, I mean get over it, you've got your money's worth for next year.

There might be so much negative on 2SM but at least they talk rugby league.

Delboy

First Grade
I used to listen every day when Jimmy Smith was on, then Hughes started on the negative comments, and it became a Dogfest, and now Coey Hughes is going it has got worse.
Havent really been back, as everytime I tune in, it is so negative and boring, vey disappointing actually as sports shows are what most if us want to listen to as we drive around

Mr Saab

Referee
On the radio rights issues, the NRL deserve all sorts of criticism for that one. I'm in the 2SM corner with that issue, agendas or not.

Dont agree. They are not a quality station as has been evidenced in the past with people like Jimmy Smith and producers of the show taking them to court of wages not being paid. The NRL could not give them any rights at the risk of not being paid!
The show is run on an oily rag.

Brutus

Referee
Dont agree. They are not a quality station as has been evidenced in the past with people like Jimmy Smith and producers of the show taking them to court of wages not being paid. The NRL could not give them any rights at the risk of not being paid!
The show is run on an oily rag.

I'm talking about the entire radio rights issue and the stations who have missed out in the past. It is a joke. There are timeslots where you can't even hear games.

The NRL has also rejected reputable stations in the past to the point where they don't even bother bidding anymore.

Fancy not letting certain games be broadcast ie Monday nights into certain country areas, Saturday night when a union tests is on and of course the 2nd Friday night game.