What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Graham is a MUST for fullback

schnitzel

Juniors
Given the way he played on the weekend it would be a masterstroke... get the ball in this guy's hands with room to move, time to build pace and use his footwork. He can also have a play making role as a second 5/8, like Hodgson, Hunt or Hornby, chiming into the line and putting on short balls for the outside backs. Maybe not as good in defence as Schif but potentially one of the games elite in attack!
Mr. Henry put him there please..... I beg ya!

Raider Azz

Bench
err, no. we need him in the centres, we're pretty weak in that area.

zillman or chalk are musts for fullback.

Edwahu

Bench
I think we need him in the threequarters. We have a number of good fullback options but are thin in the centers.

Christmas Ape

Juniors
schnitzel said:
Maybe not as good in defence

It never gets mentioned, but I reckon that's one of the best aspects of Grahams game. He's a very underrated defender.
In the past few weeks, he's managed to pretty much shut down two of the games best centres in Hodges and Gasnier.

I do agree that he'd be worth a go at fullback. Interesting thought.

laurie

Juniors
with Mogg gone... he has to stay in the centres... Zillman or goodwin should be given a chance

SOULS 04

Juniors
definatley put him at fullback.

i personally would love to see it and can imagine him being very mullins like.

Lime_Green

Juniors
He made 30 tackles against the Broncos and at least one was try saving.

He's not a bad option for fullback. Maybe we could put Zillman in the centres?

Bay56

First Grade
I'm opting for Bronx at FB ... Zillman with Carney in the halves ... Chalky as an impact utility from the bench maybe

Chachi

Bench
Bronx has stepped up as a real leader of the PL team. Earlier this season I thought he was a good, solid player, but one that would never really make it big time in first grade (a bit like Paul Beath was in the shadows of Belcher). However, now that Choc is gone I've taken more notice of his game and he's proving to be a standout leader of that team. He's certainly got a bit of attitude about him, but the players really seem to love having him there. He's been really reliable with a real touch of flair or turn of pace when it's needed.

As much as I'd like to see Zilly in the team at any expense, we could certainly do a lot worse than having Bronx at the back.

I also agree on the thoughts of Graham at fullback. He's a very similar player to Brett Mullins in many respects, and I think he'd be dynamic back there. However, with so many FB options I think we'll need him more in the centres for the time being.

Stuart

Juniors
Our centres are pretty weak so IMO Graham has to stay there.

Goodwin at FB, Zillman and Carney in the halves (if zilly doesnt get the FB spot you would be mad to put dobson in ahead of him IMO) would be my pick.

edabomb

First Grade
I never really rated Graham at fullback when he's dropped back there at times over the past few years. He has pretty much learnt how to be a centre, I don't see much point in sending him back to learn to be a FB when we have so many other quality options next season.

aussies1st

Staff member
Could be a good option but hes starting to come into his own in the centres and we don't have any centres with FG experience so he is a must for the centres.

SOULS 04

Juniors
seriously there are quite a few blokes who can work in an outside backs position leaving super to take fullback

outside backs
chalk
zill
bronx
frawls
weyman :D
howell
purtell
J sau
Best
we arent exactly running short

Bay56

First Grade
Marc Herbert [CNTDN] said:
I never really rated Graham at fullback when he's dropped back there at times over the past few years. He has pretty much learnt how to be a centre, I don't see much point in sending him back to learn to be a FB when we have so many other quality options next season.

Agree mate ... he does his best work at centre/wing ... I liked the way he got envolved on the weekend, a couple of times taking the ball across the field or creating a link ... much like moggy did against the dragqueens.

Bronxy should be given the first crack at it ... I honestly dont think we could go far wrong

julian87

Juniors
my bakline would be Zillman at the back, Best and Frawley or Howell on the wings, Graham and Chalk in the centres ( i think marshall could do wonderfully well there) and Carney no. 6!, the kid is an out and out five-eighth, look at his running game and Dobson at 7.

SOULS 04

Juniors
yeh i cant believe i used to think carney was a half... he is a definate 5/8 and that step opf his is killer... reminds me of brad fitler.

Lime_Green

Juniors
I'll probably cop flack for this - but I think with a bit of work Purtell would make a very good fullback.

He's the only guy we have that could (in the long term) play the same sort of role that Choc has. He's very strong, runs the ball up well and is very safe under the high ball.

Needs some defensive work though.

I think he used to play there in the lower grades?