What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gran happy for Hayne

Gronk

Staff member
Gran happy for Hayne

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

PROUD grandmother Elenoa Tokalauvere will host her grandson's (Jarryd Hayne) achievements in the NRL competition last season tomorrow night at Holiday Inn in Suva.
Hayne won the international rugby league player of the year and the Dally M award after an impressive form for his Parramatta Eels club in the NRL competition.
He won six player-of-the-match performances in a row during the qualifying round of the NRL to help the Eels secure a top eight finish and eventually secure a grand final berth -- only to lose to the Melbourne Storm .
Tokalauvere was overwhelmed when she heard that her grandson and former Fiji Bati fullback would be the chief guest at the Fiji National Rugby League awards night on Friday night.
She was supposed to travel to Australia to celebrate Hayne's achievement on the rugby league paddock. However, it was not to be.
Now that FRNL invited Hayne, Tokalauvere said this would be the grand opportunity to celebrate her grandson's massive international achievements.
"I'm so happy that he (Jarryd Hayne) is coming into the country. I was supposed to travel to Australia to celebrate his achievement but these guys were not really serious in arranging my visa."
"Now that he is coming I'm looking forward to host a celebration party with all our families to celebrate his international achievements," she said.
The dinner starts at 7:30pm on Thursday night before the wards night on Friday.
Tokalauvere's son, Manoa Thompson, is Hayne's father.
http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=138498

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
I was supposed to travel to Australia to celebrate his achievement but these guys were not really serious in arranging my visa
what a funny sentence... :?

Gaffman

Juniors
Excellent! Another pre season trip to Fiji for Hayne, this is what he needs to do every year if it grounds him and makes him appreciate his simple love for the game.

And its a great boost for the game in Fiji to boot. Everybody wins!

Nikki

Coach
Ah, explains why Jazz was spotted in Sydney Confidential boarding an Air Pacific flight. :lol:

Gronk

Staff member
Star Hayne bags another award

Emoni Narawa
Saturday, January 30, 2010

+ Enlarge this image
Jared Hayne with his grandmother Elenoa Tokalautawa

FLABOYANT international rugby league star Jarryd Hayne won another award at last night's Fiji National Rugby League awards night at the Central Cuisine Restaurant.
The Parramatta Eels flyer won the prestigious FNRL Golden Award Noqu Kalou Noqu Vanua award.
The new award was contested by Hayne, the Newcastle Knights trio of Aquila Uate, Naiqama brothers Wes and Kevin and Jone Wesele.
Wes, Kevin, Uate and Wesele were favoured after representing the Fiji Bati to the Pacific Cup in Papua New Guinea late last year.
However, Hayne who equipped himself with the Dally M medal and the Rugby League International Player of the Year award, easily edged his former Bati mates.
Hayne said he would one day return to represent the Fiji Bati which made him the person he is today.
Wesele went on to win the FNRL Fiji Residents Player of the year. On Thursday night proud grandma Elenoa Tokalautawa hosted his grandson (Hayne) for his international achievements to a dinner at the Holiday Inn in Suva.
Tokalautawa was present to witness Hayne received his award last night.
Secondary School: U15 FNRL 2009 Player of the Year-Savenaca Vocea; U16 Player of the Year-Filimoni Seru; U18 Player of the Year-Jofitili Tuitavua; U19 Player of the Year-Loreiwaqa Tupou; FNRL Volunteer of the Year-Kemueli Musunamasi; Tech Official of the Year-Donato Roqica; National Team of the Year-Fiji Bati 7s Pacific Mini Games.
Club Premier Grade: Team of the Year-Ridges Hideaway Cowboys; Rookie of the Year-Jovilisi Tawake (Nadera Panthers); Best Backline of the Year-Joe Ravueta (Ridges Hideaway Cowboys); Best Forward of the Year-Timoci Yauvoli; Manager of the Year-Mesake Navugona.
National Team: Coach of the Year-Semesa Cadrakilagi; Fiji Residents Player of the Year-Jone Wesele; FNRL Golden Award Noqu Kalou Noqu Vanua Player of the Year-Jarryd Hayne.
http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=138791

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
138791thumbm.jpg
arrgghhhhh cutest photo everrrr

parra pete

Referee
FLABOYANT international rugby league star Jarryd Hayne won another award at last night's Fiji National Rugby League awards night at the Central Cuisine Restaurant.

I thought Jarryd looked in good nick.....
Grand parents are ALWAYS proud of their Grandchildren.

Latest posts