What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand All Day Grand Final Day Plan.

TheRam

Coach
Well it's about time. Finally an administration with some creativity and vision. This is going to grow into something really, really big. Massive event in the future. Yeeehaaa!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/the...-1226438063503

IT'S the all-day party that will transform rugby league's grand final forever more.
The Daily Telegraph can reveal spectacular plans for a supersized party around ANZ Stadium for the September 30 NRL grand final - similar to the NFL's Super Bowl.
Two kilometres of fencing will be erected around the stadium to create a carnival precinct that will include themed grand final team bars, interactive games, rides, a merchandise supercentre, family areas, food stalls, corporate supporter group marquees, coffee shops, family fun zones and a variety of football-related activities.
There will also be a pop-up Eat Street and wine bar with live music and footy action on big television screens.
No other sport in Australia will boast such an exciting grand final spectacular with the 83,000 fans holding grand final tickets able to move in and out of the area all day.

NRL officials claim the extravaganza will revolutionise how league celebrates its big day. The project is being created through a partnership between the NRL, ANZ Stadium and NSW government.
"This carnival precinct will give fans attending the grand final a game-day experience unlike anything ever before," ARL Commission interim chief executive Shane Mattiske said."Grand final day is such a special event on the calendar and this precinct captures the excitement and atmosphere of the day and is all about giving fans an experience they will never forget.
"It's a really exciting innovation to our week of grand final celebrations and I can see it becoming an integral part of grand final tradition as it grows in the future."
The NFL Super Bowl is famous for its pre-game entertainment and colour around the main stadium.
ANZ Stadium managing director Daryl Kerry said the NRL grand final would also be an unforgettable event.
"This is about growing the grand final experience out of your seat," Kerry said.
"While the ultimate focus will always be on what happens in the middle of ANZ Stadium at game time, the event experience will now be much greater.
"Once you enter the precinct on grand final day, you will enjoy a raft of activities including live entertainment, multiple food and beverage options and special kids and family fun zones.
"The fans will be engaged throughout NRL grand final day which we believe can grow to rival any sporting event in the world."
NSW Minister for Tourism and Major Events, George Souris, said the precinct would attract thousands of fans.
"The NSW government, through Destination NSW, is pleased to be involved in supporting and promoting rugby league's grand final day, one of the most anticipated events on the NSW calendar," he said. "The carnival precinct at Homebush is an exciting innovation which will add another exciting dimension to the grand final."
Grand final week at Sydney Olympic Park will start on the Thursday when the Footy Show is filmed at nearby AllPhones Arena. There will also be huge projections on the Sydney Harbour Bridge pylons of 20 great grand final images.
Tickets for this year's grand final go on sale to the public from 10am this Thursday and be available through Ticketek.

juro

Bench
Grand final week at Sydney Olympic Park will start on the Thursday when the Footy Show is filmed at nearby AllPhones Arena. There will also be huge projections on the Sydney Harbour Bridge pylons of 20 great grand final images.
So Grand final week goes for 4 days? Oh well, I guess it's a start...

Danish

Referee
Great idea.

Only thing that would make it better would be to give the 83,000 ticket holders free entry, then allow another 10,000 tickets (5,000 to each of the sides that made the GF) at $25 a pop for people to simply enjoy the carnival and watch the GF on 2 x bigscreen set up at either end outside the stadium (1 for each team)

Assuming we sold every ticket that would be an extra $250K in the game's pocket for not much extra outlay to what they are already going to spend setting up what sounds like a great event.

***MH***

Bench
Should hijack Skoda Stadium from the GWS to simulcast the grand final on their big screen. It would be great for all the fans coming to the carnival who couldn't get grand final tickets to soak up some of the atmosphere of the event.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
All for the side events. Kind of like henman hill

I would rather take the whole family for $50 to sit at a live site next to the game

Than pay $700 to go to the actual game

Danish

Referee
Should hijack Skoda Stadium from the GWS to simulcast the grand final on their big screen. It would be great for all the fans coming to the carnival who couldn't get grand final tickets to soak up some of the atmosphere of the event.

Would also see a good crowd at that stadium for the first time in 2012

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good to see them waking up to the event idea. Now can we have a game of the week in Sydney with something similiar please?

Gibbo

Juniors

Well they do have the largest stadium video screens in the something something something...

Zigwaa

Bench
Awesome! Make it once a game thing that people frmo all over the country want to come to.

I agree with Danish's idea to sell GF tickets just for the outisde of the stadium. However it would make logistics harder with making sure only those with seated tickets get into the stadium i.e. more paid staff to monitor etc

having the Olympic Bay / ANZ precinct closed off for the Grand Final is a good idea. A carnival of a day (for pre-game) will be cool.

And as someone mentioned here, the day could include opening up Skoda Park for fans who missed out on tickets and watch the game on the so called MASSIVE BIG SCREEN. Something different, i guess

Danish

Referee
Awesome! Make it once a game thing that people frmo all over the country want to come to.

I agree with Danish's idea to sell GF tickets just for the outisde of the stadium. However it would make logistics harder with making sure only those with seated tickets get into the stadium i.e. more paid staff to monitor etc

Pretty sure ANZ stadium has already invested staff and technology to only allow people with tickets to get into the stadium ;-)

They could just use the ticket booths they use for the Easter show for the general carnival entrances

Dogs Of War

Coach
Great idea.

Only thing that would make it better would be to give the 83,000 ticket holders free entry, then allow another 10,000 tickets (5,000 to each of the sides that made the GF) at $25 a pop for people to simply enjoy the carnival and watch the GF on 2 x bigscreen set up at either end outside the stadium (1 for each team)

Assuming we sold every ticket that would be an extra $250K in the game's pocket for not much extra outlay to what they are already going to spend setting up what sounds like a great event.

This. If my team made it, I would love to do this. Still able to hear the stadium roar, being involved with 10K others who love league and are probably supporters of the clubs playing. It would make a fabulous time. Just make different wrist bands on the day to identify who is who.

Perth Red

Post Whore
This. If my team made it, I would love to do this. Still able to hear the stadium roar, being involved with 10K others who love league and are probably supporters of the clubs playing. It would make a fabulous time. Just make different wrist bands on the day to identify who is who.

Yep great idea, expands the opportunity to participate in the experience of a gf for more fans. Send it the Arlc straight away!