What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand All Day Grand Final Day Plan.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
However it would make logistics harder with making sure only those with seated tickets get into the stadium i.e. more paid staff to monitor etc

It'd be the same as policing bar service at all ages gigs.

People with stadium admission would be given non-transferable wrist bands.

Danish

Referee
Why can't we distinguish people with stadium access by their ticket like we always do?

They scan their ticket on the way in, then scan it on the way out. Any ticket trying to enter with a ticket that has already been scanned in, but not scanned out i.e. using a ticket someone has smuggled out of the stadium gets denied entry.

If the ticketing system is not sophisticated enough to allow this, then a simple pass out system like the SFS has for smokers would suffice you'd think (you get a "pass out" card when exiting the stadium, you give it back when you come back in)

Dogs Of War

Coach
Why can't we distinguish people with stadium access by their ticket like we always do?

They scan their ticket on the way in, then scan it on the way out. Any ticket trying to enter with a ticket that has already been scanned in, but not scanned out i.e. using a ticket someone has smuggled out of the stadium gets denied entry.

If the ticketing system is not sophisticated enough to allow this, then a simple pass out system like the SFS has for smokers would suffice you'd think (you get a "pass out" card when exiting the stadium, you give it back when you come back in)

Wrist bands are just easier to spot who shouldn't be somewhere, and requires less staff.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Pretty straight forward. wrist band to get into the outer entertainment area, tickets to get into the stadium.

docbrown

Coach
Yep this is the kind of thing they've been lacking and good on them for making it happen.

This is all the kind of thing I think they should do around say round 21-22 on a Sunday afternoon when they play a Hall of Fame game (just a regular NRL game but in honour of all the players past and present). Create a carnival like atmosphere with current and former players around signing autographs, doing skills sessions etc with the players make milestones for that year getting honoured on the day.

Open it up to say 40,000 cheap or free junior passes and just pack the place out.

Burwood

Bench
Grand final week at Sydney Olympic Park will start on the Thursday when the Footy Show is filmed at nearby AllPhones Arena.

Make the most of it boys- you'll hopefully be losing the rights next year.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
Great idea.

If it works, give serious consideration to make the Sydney Origin a stand alone event on a weekend and do the same thing.

adamkungl

Immortal
Sounds great. Despite the result, I'll never forget the amazing build up to Grand Final day 2010. Anything that makes that even better is welcome

theo

Juniors
Good idea.

I hope the Grand Final returns to the day format instead of night.

I think the Sydney Olympic Stadium people should look at the MCG and see the sports museum and statues outside as a mark of respect to history.

The Sydney Olympic Stadium for me does not have character and atmosphere except during the 80 minutes of the match, and that depends on the size of the crowd.

It' a cold place to be when it's cold. I am not alone thinking this way in that respect.

Kirky

Juniors

I'd love for the Grand Final to return to the daytime, but the commercial realities mean that this simply won't happen. Ever.

I think this precinct plan is fantastic.

Dogs Of War

Coach

I like it when it is now, 5:30pm is perfect, also it's a good time for Perth and NZ markets. Though it would be better if it moved to Saturday night so everybody could get on the drink if they wanted to without the fear of having to work hungover the next day.

And if you want a day grand final, fly over to Perth and watch it there.

Burwood

Bench
Is there a reason it isn't a saturday? As said gives a days recovery!

How much recovery are you going to need? It is likely to be highly family-orientated, not plying tens of thousands of supporters with alcohol over the length of the day.

Dogs Of War

Coach
How much recovery are you going to need? It is likely to be highly family-orientated, not plying tens of thousands of supporters with alcohol over the length of the day.

More the people who are making a day of it at home. BBQ, heaps of friends over etc. That's why when it was 3pm it was great. Pretty much all over by 7pm, which gave you heaps of time to recover for the next day, helps in NSW that their is a public holiday on the Monday, which isn't present in the QLD, WA, VIC and NZ.

docbrown

Coach
More the people who are making a day of it at home. BBQ, heaps of friends over etc. That's why when it was 3pm it was great. Pretty much all over by 7pm, which gave you heaps of time to recover for the next day, helps in NSW that their is a public holiday on the Monday, which isn't present in the QLD, WA, VIC and NZ.

Queensland shifted the Queen's Birthday to October.

This year I think QLD, NSW, ACT, NSW & WA have a public holiday on the Monday.

Latest posts