What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday GRAND FINAL 2/10/22: PARRAMATTA EELS v Penrith Panthers

King-Gutho94

Coach
You hear her on the radio trying to make up news to get Voss and Brandy something to talk about.
She will be at Penriths training today talking them up.
Yeah its her tone with parramatta tbh.

Its all lovey dovey especially with Penrith, Souths, Dogs, Raiders, Tigers whenever she talks about them.

With Parramatta its just negative.

She tipped Bulldogs, Broncos, Storm, Raiders & Cowboys to beat us in the past 6 weeks. Half of those games on paper were stupid statements really.

And it will be the same again this week she will be tipping Panthers so she should expect the same result with Gutho & Paulo holding up the trophy.

84 Baby

Referee
If N.Brown plays how many minutes does he get?
I'd start home for the first 18mins personaly.
We’ll start as we have for months. Named starting pack except Marata for Matto. Matto to come on halfway into first half.
Nrown will only come on if we need fresh legs
Aside from HIAs, we only really have 3 interchanges as the others are used to spell Junior/RCG and another to get Matto on

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Eels star’s exile over as Arthur defends son’s selection; Opacic re-tweaks hamstring: Team Tips​

835100_640x360_large_20220924232153.jpg

Mark St John from Fox Sports@markdfstjohn
September 27th, 2022 1:28 pm
Brad Arthur has confirmed Nathan Brown will replace Bryce Cartwright on the bench, while Jakob Arthur will hold his place on the pine.
Meanwhile, Eels centre Tom Opacic has reportedly re-tweaked his hamstring during a fitness test, which is set to rule him out of the decider.
The Daily Telegraph reported Arthur has made the tough call to replace Cartwright with Brown for the decider.
“I’m going with ‘Browny’, I think for this game, this is the game that suits him,” Arthur told The Daily Telegraph.

“I’m not one to play games with team selections. It’s the right thing to do for the fans and the players and I’ve spoken to the boys.
“You want to pick them all for a grand final because they have all played a role along the way, but it’s my job as coach.
“I have to do what I think is right and my gut instinct says Nathan Brown is the best thing for the team this week.”
Arthur also defended the selection of son Jake Arthur on the bench.
“On six occasions this year I’ve used 16 players and we have won five times,” Arthur said.
“In those games, we beat Melbourne, Penrith and Canberra with 16 men, so we’re going OK.

“Our 17th player averages less than 10 minutes a game, so why is it such a big deal?
“Jake is there to cover the spine. If ‘Gutho’ (fullback Clint Gutherson), Mitchell Moses or Dylan (Brown) gets injured, Jake is there.

Nathan Brown will play his first game in three months.
Nathan Brown will play his first game in three months.Source: Getty Images

“People forget, if Reed Mahoney (hooker) comes off, who goes to dummy half and gives us good service? Jake is better with service than Nathan Brown and Bryce.
“If Jake doesn’t get on the field, well, bad luck, I don’t need him to get on the field then.
“You need your best players on the park and our front-rowers are paid big money to win us games. What’s the point of them sitting on the bench playing 30 minutes?
“I’m entirely comfortable with my selections and I know if we work hard this week, we have the team to beat Penrith.”
Banished Eels forward Brown earns a stunning recall for the grand final after 12 weeks out of the Parramatta side.
And Panthers winger Taylan May is set to be ruled out with a hamstring injury, with his push to come back for the grand final falling short.
The Panthers are also sweating on mystery hand injury to Viliame Kikau.

84 Baby

Referee
I've heard a bit of a rumour there is a growing number of Parra fans who are going to be driving around the streets of Penrith Saturday night beeping horns/firework and being loud in the very early mornings. Unsure how true but from what I known is a list of players addresses are on record and will be targeted.
I don’t live that far from Penrith. That just sounds like a typical Saturday night