What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final coverage in Asia

The Partisan

If anybody can provide details of where the game may be shown in Asia it would be most appreciated. I have a brother who will be in Taiwan for business at the time and he is hoping to catch the game if at all possible.

I will also have another brother in the Maldives at the same time but doubt that the coverage will make it there !!!

TrevorAllan

Juniors
Hi Partisan
It will be live on the Australia Network (formerlyabcasiapacific). best bar to catch it in Taipei probably The Brass Monkey www.brassmonkeytaipei.com
Its near the junction of FushingN rd/nanjing E rd near the Brother Hotel. owner Max is an aussie from Brisbane, a rah rah but a good sort.

Other bar to try is the Tavern on Hsinyi rd near Hyatt hotel/101. Swiss owner Michel not necessarily a good sort....

ali

Bench
It could also be on Star Pay TV if they still have the rights. I'd imagine Star would be available in the Maldives, assuming the ABC doesn't reach that far.

I saw the 2002 final live in Thailand. I can't remember if it was ABC or Star, but I definately saw a replay of Cronulla's prelim final loss on Star a couple of nights after it was on.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Does Star still broadcast Melbourne games into South Korea/Singapore/Hong Kong or what it was doing 5 years ago?

Add to that Shanghai here. I'll be back in Oz hopefully watching the Jets win the PL (and JBC too, for that matter) GF.

Anyone who ends up stuck here on match day could do worse than get to the Koala Bar on Huai Hai Lu (near Fanyu Lu).

The owner, Nick, is a leaguie from Sydney and a few Aussies will doubtless be watching the match there on Australia Network (as mentioned above, it was previously abcasiapacific).

We also watch the origin matches up here on the same channel. I'm hoping they'll be carrying the Tri-Nations coverage later in the year.