What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Crowd

ebbedfred

Bench
I thought the crowd last saturday was pretty evenly split.

But I think the GF crowd could be highly in favour of saints. Roosters fans could only manage about 22,000 for a home semi against another Sydney team 1 week after one of the best games of footy all year. I'm hoping for a 80/20 split this week in favour of the Dragons.

In saying that, in the last 3 weeks, I've found I know about 5 more roosters fans than I thought. They just negelected to mention it before, don't think I even heard them mention footy last year.

This Year?

Immortal
The only Rooster fan I know of is one of these...

ROOSTER_DECORATIVE_FAN_39987.jpg

Steel Dragon

Bench
Where's our former legend with one too many knocks to the noggin coming out and saying that 'rooster fans don't travel (to home games)'?

dragonlady53

Juniors
In regard to last Saturday night's crowd, everyone I've heard and read reckons there were more Saints fans. When I watched the replay on TV it certainly looked like it, but TV doesn't always give a clear picture. I have friends who support other teams, who rate the Roosters as their least preferred, so maybe we'll pick up some extra support. Anyway, I'm sure there will be a sea of red and white on Sunday and I'm just glad we got our tickets when they were first released.

st.phil

Bench
the two opposing fan "sections" were tough to split for size...perhaps the tigers had marginally more. However in the "general" kinda seats...saints jerseys definately outgunned tigers. I was amongst the dragons fans and the roar at that last scrum was like nothing I have heard before.

dragonfan10

Juniors
In regard to last Saturday night's crowd, everyone I've heard and read reckons there were more Saints fans. When I watched the replay on TV it certainly looked like it, but TV doesn't always give a clear picture. I have friends who support other teams, who rate the Roosters as their least preferred, so maybe we'll pick up some extra support. Anyway, I'm sure there will be a sea of red and white on Sunday and I'm just glad we got our tickets when they were first released.

I was at the game on the weekend and there were far more dragons fans compared with tigers. It was very noticeable at the ground, particularly after either team scored.

Hmm I don't know. Roosters section was down to single seats only just a couple of minutes ago, and ours still had plenty left (may have changed in five minutes though). I am shocked by how easy it was to get tickets today....especially with the AFL Rematch on sale too.

boxa777

Coach
You're flat out having 10,000 Roosters supporters total in existence let alone getting 24,000 to the game.

blacklock

Juniors
sitting from high above, id say it was a 60-40 split in terms of the crowd.

toward the end of the game, it got crazy. the noise sent a rumble through the floor. almost like a jet engine. woah :)

boxa777

Coach
Mate, you're on this Saints forum like an obsession with your little 2 cents wit dishing it out.

If you get more than 15-20% of the crowd, i will be stunned.