What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRAND FINAL: Parramatta v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD at Accor 2/10/22

Happy MEel

First Grade
I think our game plan was poor. We knew they would be relentless, we should have kicked for the sidelines and merkined our way through the game. I didn't even see a shove or a squirrel grip.They had our measure and knew it. We did nothing to unsettle their rhythm apart from a dumb kick on the first play.
The best analysis of the game so far. We went through the motions thinking we could beat them. We needed to get them off their game plan.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Were thinking what? That it cost us the game? I don’t think so.
It was bizarre...I've never seen it before in any game....and it seemed to give the forwards momentum. Only an idiot could not see that. I guess they were trying thier trick shots and aiming for the posts, but it was very stupid to do at the beginning of a game...and backfired massively

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Proud of the boys

Gave us a good year even though we fell short.

Despite their dominance in the first half there's plenty to like about our performance. We still had a crack, and even before we scored I reckon we were winning that second half, it just didn't come together and we couldn't take advantage.

I really think pretty much nothing went our way tonight, which is what it is, but overall Pennies were just better and took it to us, and we needed the rub of the green to win. It didn't roll our way.

Next year.
Yep. Penrith were paying $1.37 for a reason. We needed more than our share of luck to win.

Happy MEel

First Grade
They will probably end up being better than all of them. What’s to stop them winning 5 or 6 premierships? Scary what they might do.
Losing Api and Kikau will certainly help. I reckon their window isn’t as open next year as it once was.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It was bizarre...I've never seen it before in any game....and it seemed to give the forwards momentum. Only an idiot could not see that. I guess they were trying thier trick shots and aiming for the posts, but it was very stupid to do at the beginning of a game...and backfired massively
It wasn’t smart, but honestly did they actually have ANY sets where they didn’t make big metres? I think you are overstating the importance of it to the outcome of the match.

lucablight

First Grade
We only have a Plan A. Front load our effort/chase the collision.
We need to do something about limiting the opposition metres big time. It’s a huge weakness right now and it was a huge contributing factor of us getting annihilated like that.

Noise

Coach
Surely questions need to be asked of our prep?? No captains run and the team didn’t see each other for 48 hours before today. Surely that’s not normal??? We were blown away from out of the blocks and we never looked in it. As soon as we kicked on the first I knew we wouldn’t get in the grind and they had our measure.
No captains run and nothing for 48hrs before the game? Is that for real?

Eelogical

Referee
Penrith played well tonight but to suggest that’s the best we could have dished up is rather bold. That was an annihilation.
Penrith didn't allow us to play anywhere near their level.. They were the better team in every facet of the game. Their game plan was on point, their execution was polished to near perfection. Kudos to them. As far as the Eels are concerned, I didn't rate them after the loss to the Tigers way back. To get the the GF was an achievement that I didn't think they had in them. Interesting times ahead.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No captains run and nothing for 48hrs before the game? Is that for real?
Apparently that’s what the lead up was on the footy show this morning, if true it’s mind boggling but unsurprising from a coach who continues to make boneheaded decisions year after year.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
It wasn’t smart, but honestly did they actually have ANY sets where they didn’t make big metres? I think you are overstating the importance of it to the outcome of the match.
The rot started from there in my opinion. I could be overstating it but I think it was a massive leg up to them.

Latest posts