What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRAND FINAL: Parramatta v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD at Accor 2/10/22

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
I believe we made Penrith look better than what they are, and I'm not understating that they are an excellent team, and worthy of smashing us...but I believe we handed the game to them and handed their momentum with stupidity.

First off, kicking off straight down the middle...wtf?
Second, not holding down in tackles and releasing quickly..wtf?
Thirdly, pathetic kick chase and staggered in the line...wtf..... it's meant to be the biggest game in their lives.. What the f**k were they thinking???

The moment Paolo paused and then threw that pass to the winger, I think in the 15th minute 20 meters from our try line.. He looked confused. He looked like he had no direction. He has been programmed to chase the collision for the past 8 years under Arthur, and at that point threw a speculator...wtf , I knew the game was lost right then.

I don't blame this loss on Arthur. It's the first time I will blame the players. But I think this loss is on them. I don't think they played to Arthur's normal game plan and i think they had a big influence on the tactics used tonight..... and I'm sure of this because Arthur stated on the last defeat by Penrith a few weeks ago that he got it wrong....and I believe he let the senior players dictate the game plan tonight... it was obvious they played to thier own heat of the drum tonight and it failed miserably....

Anyhow, there's always next year...

Is it just me, or is anyone else just happy enough to make the grand final??? I guess as a parra supporter, it seems like a gf is the pinnacle of success....I feel like winning he damn thing is out of reach, so second prize feels like a victory....

f**k that win last week was one of the best feelings ever....

See yous next year....

Parra Pride

Coach
Is it just me, or is anyone else just happy enough to make the grand final??? I guess as a parra supporter, it seems like a gf is the pinnacle of success....I feel like winning he damn thing is out of reach, so second prize feels like a victory....
The only things that have gutted me more in my life than losing 09 and tonight are the deaths of my grand parents, I was still too young to really understand what the loss meant in 01. So no, this doesn't feel at all like any kind of victory. It's just another example of being lead along and then ultimately being blue balled because this side seems incapable of performing in the game that matters most regardless of who is wearing the jersey. It's not like I'm even greedy about this shit, I just want to see one. I don't care about winning back to back or being perennial contenders, I'll happily go back to being bottom dwellers again just let me experience the win once you f**ks.

JokerEel

First Grade
On the 3rd try for Penrith I think it was a ploy by BA to push Gutho into our line and hide him while Moses dropped back but I assume he missed his assignment.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We won the premier league competition from 2005-2008 for four years in a row.
That's not juniors though, it's open age, and mostly NRL contracted players.
What would you say is the most significant lower grade competition to indicate future success?
I think under 18s is more important than 16s, and 20s is the most important.
Even the Tigers have won more U20s comps than us
That's because they used to spend a lot of money on poaching (sorry, junior 'development'). Look at all the premiership winners they lost to other clubs. Their problem was no retention advantages so they couldn't fit them under the cap.
(although we did make a grand final in 2017 where Dylan Brown, Ray Stone, Reed Mahoney and Kafusi played).
We also won SG Ball that year. I'm certain our spending on junior development/poaching dropped off significantly after that year. You can't blame Brad Arthur because he was the head coach at the time. It's about resources. Call it 'good management' if you want but it all requires staff and facilities and incentives. That all costs money.

However I was encouraged by the recent statement by the CEO: "As we move into 2023, we will have some announcements on the further investments we will be making in the football department to build on the success of our program."

Hopefully he's looking at spending more on poaching the best young merkins from interstate and overseas to complement whatever local kids we can convince to hang around. It worked in 2017 and the NRL team has benefitted from it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There was no Cameron Smith in that game and Melbourne were banged up after expending so much energy to get there.
Don't make excuses for them ffs. Sometimes they just don't turn up. How do you think we got within two points of them in 2017? Arthur's coaching genius?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Edwards is not a genuine speedster your correct, but he is a great player, he is better than good.
His go forward is great but he lacks the all round game of the truly great fullbacks. Behind a weaker defensive pack I think he would be exposed pretty regularly. Look at all the times he's let a bomb bounce for example. But because his team usually has all the ball and field position he just doesn't get tested very often. He is mostly getting the ball from a long kick under pressure and so he has plenty of room to run it back.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
His go forward is great but he lacks the all round game of the truly great fullbacks. Behind a weaker defensive pack I think he would be exposed pretty regularly. Look at all the times he's let a bomb bounce for example.
His go forward is great but he lacks the all round game of the truly great fullbacks. Behind a weaker defensive pack I think he would be exposed pretty regularly. Look at all the times he's let a bomb bounce for example.
Probably. I’m not sure about your assessment of his let the ball bounce that is a very rare event. Dylan is a fine player, I don’t think any of us are suggesting he is an immortal, but value for money is the best value player in the game.

lucablight

First Grade

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How about you shut your trap and let the true fans who pay there hard earned money to attend a GF vent for 24 hours.

Where the f... have you been in the past week anyway.

You haven't been spotted on here all GF week because we have been praising the club all week on the achievement of making the GF.

Now we lose you come out woodwork and want to get on your high horse and smack everyone down who lets off a bit of steam.

Go to bed and come back next week once we get over venting over another GF loss with solutions for 2023.
Outer Space Applause GIF by NASA

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I love BA. He has done a great job with the team but I can't see us going the distance with him. Tonight wasn't his fault but there was a clear difference between the 2 sides and one was better prepared.
I think BA has built a squad and structure to as far as he can go. We need a team who can beat the bottom placed teams and play to our strengths every game. I've had a few and am rambling and heartbroken yet again.
I just was to win a GF!
Arthur has set the team up to keep his job and nothing more, all this crap about Arthur loves the club and blah blah blah. Looks like he’s about to do the same for both his sprogs. The rumour is the turnip wasn’t too fazed if Dylan Brown didn’t take up his player option. They trained with the Baby Giraffe all off season as the bench player to come on and shift Brown to the centres. When Brown caught fire it put that on the back burner especially after the Cows game. But he somehow found a way to shoehorn his son back into the side at the cost at a chance of a GF even. But but but but Brad bleeds blue and Gold. But he bleeds Arthur even more.