What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRAND FINAL: Parramatta v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD at Accor 2/10/22

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Went missing. Had nothing.
When he tries to pass first and not run first he plays like shit, when he threw that stupid pass on his 20m line and decided not to stick it under the arm and run I knew we had zero. Guth May have made a few tough errors out there but he was the only one who led by example. We still have f**k all leadership at the club.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We only ever dominated Harold Matts, the least relevant junior grade. It's the only one Penrith didn't win this year. The Roosters have never won it, but they have won SG Ball as many times as we have in the NRL era. They've also won Flegg/NYC four times since our last win in 1990.
Shut up.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Not getting my hopes up. $3.10 outsiders ffs. I was hoping for a fairytale but expecting the knives to be out post-game. You deadshits didn't disappoint.
Bullshit, instead of talking about the game with your supposed fellow eels fans you were MIA. Now here you are defending another BS performance game just like always. Legal Eel has your number merkin.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
There was no Cameron Smith in that game and Melbourne were banged up after expending so much energy to get there.
How many Under age and reserve grade comps did we win while Brian Smith was here?? We also made made 5 prelims a GF and 2 minor premierships. Not bad for a little club with no resources. Or maybe it just wasn’t the money it was the way the man went about setting up our junior pathways??? Money has never been a problem for our club and to suggest otherwise is just classic Pou BS.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

This has been one of my criticisms of BA. He expects the players to self motivate before the game. He did it again in the biggest game possible by taking it “as another game” and deep down I was expecting us to get thrashed and it happened. Penrith didn’t treat it as another game and they absolutely smacked us.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This has been one of my criticisms of BA. He expects the players to self motivate before the game. He did it again in the biggest game possible by taking it “as another game” and deep down I was expecting us to get thrashed and it happened. Penrith didn’t treat it as another game and they absolutely smacked us.
Watching the footy show with my mates yesterday morning we heard that the players hadn’t seen each other for 48 hours and were finding their own way to the game. My mate who is a Penrith fan burst out laughing and said it’s already in the bag. The other two just said that they can’t believe that’s how a team would prepare for a GF. I knew we were cactus after seeing that and we played accordingly.

Watching the footy show with my mates yesterday morning we heard that the players hadn’t seen each other for 48 hours and were finding their own way to the game. My mate who is a Penrith fan burst out laughing and said it’s already in the bag. The other two just said that they can’t believe that’s how a team would prepare for a GF. I knew we were cactus after seeing that and we played accordingly.
Yeah BA over thought the week. They played like deer in headlights and that was reflected in the coaching.

coach proved a lot of us wrong by getting us this far. But that loss yesterday and the way we were pulverised is going to have massive repercussions for the coming years.

HE WILL NEVER WIN US A COMP.

lucablight

First Grade
Bizarre if true. I know I’d rather be in the company of my brothers before one of the biggest games of my life to calm my nerves than be tossing and turning at home and going crazy thinking about it. Especially if you won’t play together with a lot of them again. People say Penrith were too good but they definitely ran harder than we did which is something we could have controlled. I wonder how much nerves/preparation played a part in that.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Bizarre if true. I know I’d rather be in the company of my brothers before one of the biggest games of my life to calm my nerves than be tossing and turning at home and going crazy thinking about it. Especially if you won’t play together with a lot of them again. People say Penrith were too good but they definitely ran harder than we did which is something we could have controlled. I wonder how much nerves/preparation played a part in that.
The coach manages to bumble his way through each and every season. This is the same bloke when asked after Moses was knocked out the week before were you worried about bringing Moses back on that last 15 mins about a concussion he said he didn’t even think about it” Let’s get real he’s hardly a f**king mental giant.

lucablight

First Grade
Yeah BA over thought the week. They played like deer in headlights and that was reflected in the coaching.

coach proved a lot of us wrong by getting us this far. But that loss yesterday and the way we were pulverised is going to have massive repercussions for the coming years.

HE WILL NEVER WIN US A COMP.
I hope making the grand final doesn’t paper over a lot of the cracks for this season (eg the poor defence) and the club is judicious in how they move forward. Brad Arthur did a good job in making the grand final but the question needs to be asked whether he is the best person for the job moving forward or whether we can potentially improve by going in another direction. Sliding doors moment ahead.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Im hoping a blockbuster movie comes out (very) soon and knocks of Top Gun Maverick as the highest grossing movie of the year. Will explain the loss. At the moment im confused

hindy111

Post Whore
His win rate at the Warriors was less than 51% including only 40% in the finals. Getting an arsey grand final appearance where they got flogged is no sign of a great coach. Brad Arthur has done it.

Warriors best period was when he was coach.

BA and the side deserved a grand final. They've been in the top 6 for years. But to me it's similar to GWS and they went in a nee direction. Hopefully we do the same and give BA the tap mid 2023

hindy111

Post Whore
Paulo was garbage tonight. Absolutely dominated by His opposite number.

As I said 4 or 5yrs ago JFH will be the best prop in the game or one of. He is a beast and your style of modern day forwards.

Pou what's your take on him? Average you said right.

I didn't expect us to win. But I thought we'd make a game of it and lose in the last 20. That was pretty dissapointing for us and the neutral specator. Horrible game.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Edwards had the angle on him. No way he is faster.

See my response to Pou, with less distance to travel he didn't need to be faster, he needed only be as fast as he was. Simonsson wasn't fast enough to take that line, Edwards was fast enough to present it, the end result proves this.

Gotta say I was disappointed with our early play. When we are on, the forwards play passes, switch the ball around and then offload. Today it seemed we were just going for the grind. We needed to be more enterprising from the start and weren’t.