What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRAND FINAL: Parramatta v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD at Accor 2/10/22

IFR33K

Coach
I did hear they had a day off on Saturday. Is this the first time all year they haven’t had a captains run the day before? Of all f**king days to change up the routine…

I don’t think they changed the routine. I think that’s what they always do. Well that’s what I heard. Ba didn’t want to change things, he wanted to keep things the same.

Bandwagon

Staff member
The game last night really echoed our game against the Cowboys last week, the difference in the first half being we didn't make the same number of errors, and the Panthers are a better side so took more advantage of our slow start.

We were dominated in the forwards through the first half last week, Cows just didn't take all their opportunities, and similarly we were well the better side in the second half, though again the difference wasn't as great this week.

And of course we had a few things go our way last week, while nothing really went our way last night. The To'o try off a clear as day obstruction being called a defensive decision kinda typified our night. That's not even close to 50/50 call, it's like 99 times outta 100 a penalty.

Who knows what happens if we get that call, but once we didn't get it, that was pretty much the game done right there.

IFR33K

Coach
Arthur has set the team up to keep his job and nothing more, all this crap about Arthur loves the club and blah blah blah. Looks like he’s about to do the same for both his sprogs. The rumour is the turnip wasn’t too fazed if Dylan Brown didn’t take up his player option. They trained with the Baby Giraffe all off season as the bench player to come on and shift Brown to the centres. When Brown caught fire it put that on the back burner especially after the Cows game. But he somehow found a way to shoehorn his son back into the side at the cost at a chance of a GF even. But but but but Brad bleeds blue and Gold. But he bleeds Arthur even more.

unfortunately this is true. If we’re moving forward with BA we need someone to address his son on the bench issue. He clearly isn’t a first grader and it’s taking the piss out of other potential players.

King-Gutho94

Coach
BA admitted straight after cowboys game.

It was his 1st GF as head coach and that he wasn't sure how they were going to deal with it preparation wise.

They decided to keep things as normal as possible.

It didn't work but that's fine you can only learn being there and experiencingthe week.

I am sure if we manage to get to another GF under BA our preparation will be better.

IFR33K

Coach
As I said 4 or 5yrs ago JFH will be the best prop in the game or one of. He is a beast and your style of modern day forwards.

Pou what's your take on him? Average you said right.

I didn't expect us to win. But I thought we'd make a game of it and lose in the last 20. That was pretty dissapointing for us and the neutral specator. Horrible game.

U also said Cleary is a gun and someone said he’s a Jeff Robson clone. I can’t recall who thou.

IFR33K

Coach
So to the merkins that bought world club challenge tickets, I’ll give you a dollar fitty for them.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

It was his 1st GF as head coach and that he wasn't sure how they were going to deal with it preparation wise.

It didn't work but that's fine you can only learn being there and experiencingthe week.

I am sure if we manage to get to another GF under BA our preparation will be better.
Has there ever been a nine year coach that has made so many errors??? You don’t pay for mistakes at Parra, well only if you are on the coaching staff or in Bea’s click. I still see the standards of this club is what holds us back from the top sides. We are nowhere near ruthless enough, look at Penrith that first half. Totally ruthless that’s what it takes. Arthur or this playing group don’t have it in them.

hindy111

Post Whore
U also said Cleary is a gun and someone said he’s a Jeff Robson clone. I can’t recall who thou.

Jeff Robson 2 I believe. Yet I said he is a future immortal. People get upset on here for me calling a spade a spade.

The big difference in our squad I feel to a premiership winning squad is mentality. You need players who want to bleed for the club. I just don't feel it with what we have and untill we create this we won't ever be that side.
We have far to many players who just want a big pay day.

Pazza

First Grade

we just need to keep building and gaining experience, all the best teams of the last 20 years have lost grand finals. The problem with our club is the lack of big game experience, we dont play grand finals often and our player rarely play Origin or international footy.

Hopefully some of our boys go on the kangaroo tour, hopefully its not a roosters panthers love in.

IFR33K

Coach
Jeff Robson 2 I believe. Yet I said he is a future immortal. People get upset on here for me calling a spade a spade.

The big difference in our squad I feel to a premiership winning squad is mentality. You need players who want to bleed for the club. I just don't feel it with what we have and untill we create this we won't ever be that side.
We have far to many players who just want a big pay day.

That’s why you create an elite pathways system, and you fill your team with juniors that want to be there for there bulk of their career.

there’d be a few that would demand big $$$ and some will leave. But many will be on unders especially for the start of their careers.

Penrith are only doing now what Brian smith was doing here at parra.

hindy111

Post Whore
That’s why you create an elite pathways system, and you fill your team with juniors that want to be there for there bulk of their career.

there’d be a few that would demand big $$$ and some will leave. But many will be on unders especially for the start of their careers.

Penrith are only doing now what brain smith was doing here at parra.

Yes and from what I was told why Suali they didn't even bother with cause they knew the family and what he would create money wise.

Bandwagon

Staff member
we just need to keep building and gaining experience, all the best teams of the last 20 years have lost grand finals. The problem with our club is the lack of big game experience, we dont play grand finals often and our player rarely play Origin or international footy.

Hopefully some of our boys go on the kangaroo tour, hopefully its not a roosters panthers love in.

Yeah, we should benefit from this year, it puts a whole level up of experience into our squad. Also our club and our coach.

The trick is though to gain from that we need to be up there again next year, and likely the year after, elsewise it's wasted as those experienced players start getting to the backend of their career, and you start again with a new batch of blokes.

With our pack at 27/28/29 years old, they're at that age where should be peaking for a forward, two more years and it's 29/30/31, that's starting to look like veterans, and at that kind of age bracket you're really wanting to have some younger blokes coming in and challenging for their spot.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I did hear they had a day off on Saturday. Is this the first time all year they haven’t had a captains run the day before? Of all f**king days to change up the routine…
Na they have been doing that for a while now. Pretty sure they have been doing their captains run 2 days out for most of the year.

gaffer

Juniors
I hope making the grand final doesn’t paper over a lot of the cracks for this season (eg the poor defence) and the club is judicious in how they move forward. Brad Arthur did a good job in making the grand final but the question needs to be asked whether he is the best person for the job moving forward or whether we can potentially improve by going in another direction. Sliding doors moment ahead.
but he lives just down the road

Angry_eel

First Grade
Yeah, we should benefit from this year, it puts a whole level up of experience into our squad. Also our club and our coach.

The trick is though to gain from that we need to be up there again next year, and likely the year after, elsewise it's wasted as those experienced players start getting to the backend of their career, and you start again with a new batch of blokes.

With our pack at 27/28/29 years old, they're at that age where should be peaking for a forward, two more years and it's 29/30/31, that's starting to look like veterans, and at that kind of age bracket you're really wanting to have some younger blokes coming in and challenging for their spot.
Nah, We'll be severely lacking with Marata, Papalii and Mahoney.

I don't expect to make the finals next year.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Penrith got blown away in there 1st GF in 2020 against Melbourne.

Forget what Gus says that Penrith were the better team.

They were deer in the headlights were down 22-0 at HT and 26-0 during the 2nd half.

It happens especially when a lack of GF experience comes up against a side with plenty.

Just need to get back there in the next year or two and not wait another for another generation to come through and go through the same things again.

Latest posts