What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRAND FINAL: Parramatta v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD at Accor 2/10/22

Avenger

Immortal
I think long term this loss will benefit our team and the vision we have in gaining a premiership and it won’t be under Arthur’s watch. He will click over 10 years once 2023 comes around and that’s more than enough for a coach like BA with one grand final appearance.

I predict that we will scrape into the semis next year or just miss out and by then we will make a call on his successor. I reckon he is Manly bound and we will sort out a deal for season 2024 where he leaves and we go in a different direction.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Now that I'm sober and had a moment to reflect I just want to say....

f**k YOU PARRA...

f**k YOU SHIT merkinS

THATS THE 3RD GF IN 36 YEARS YOU DOPES HAVE MADE AND ON 2 OCCASSIONS THE GAMES OVER AT H/T

SERIOUSLY, HOW THE f**k AND WHY DID I END UP SUPPORTING THESE CHOKING, MENTALLY WEAK PACK OF LOSERS

AND, BUSHY JUST f**k OFF AND TAKE YOUR SONS WITH YOU

hindy111

Post Whore
I think long term this loss will benefit our team and the vision we have in gaining a premiership and it won’t be under Arthur’s watch. He will click over 10 years once 2023 comes around and that’s more than enough for a coach like BA with one grand final appearance.

I predict that we will scrape into the semis next year or just miss out and by then we will make a call on his successor. I reckon he is Manly bound and we will sort out a deal for season 2024 where he leaves and we go in a different direction.

It's hard to know what happens in 2023. I feel our squad was at peak and I don't see us getting better. But if we can move N.Brown,Bryce and Waqa early we may have some money to spend and could recruit a few good ones.
Hopgood will be a nice addition.

hindy111

Post Whore
Oh well, that was disappointing! Gutted!

Tried hard, but panthers just to good, it happens! BA has done a fine job getting us to the GF, bring on 2023!

Yeah different level. We had a softer then normal finals draw and made it count. But huge difference in class.
Sucks we have made grand finals against some great sides. You often have years where the grand finalists are a good team but not elite. We've managed to hit sides that are elite like the Storm,Penrith,Newcastle

yy_cheng

Coach
Who's our defensive coach next year?
It will be interesting to see what battery does too. Will he over haul the whole attack

eel01s

Bench
Disappointing end to the season. What happened to our aggression and line speed? Totally gone after 5 minutes. No kick chase pressure. Either last week took it out of us or we just weren't good enough.

I was numb throughout the game, just shitty with Klein and Atkins.

I had been saying this for the last 2-3 years about Arthur and motivating his team for the big game. He just does not get it. And it cost us massively again. An opportunity this time missed that may not come round again for decades.

The difference between the two teams yesterday was that one wanted it more and were super motivated to do it. The other team came out and “played a normal game” What Penrith did yesterday was epic. The game was over in 15-20 mins. The coach had them motivated. What they did was NOT play a normal game, their performance was EPIC, one for the ages.

the you had Parra. So The opposition 5/8 calls you out out 2 days before the game saying that they were your “Daddy” - I understand it’s childish and Luai is a dope (any idiot that manicures their eyebrows has issues) but any half decent coach would latch on to those things plaster it on the walls and ask his troops to rip their heads off. BA was asked about that and he completely dismissed it. No issue. So for the biggest game in our clubs recent history they came out and played A NORMAL GAME. They didn’t arrive together to the game, no training session together at Accor stadium together nothing.

There was only one team that was wanting to win at all costs last night. The other team wanted to win but played a normal game. Comes down to the coaches.

King-Gutho94

Coach
It's hard to know what happens in 2023. I feel our squad was at peak and I don't see us getting better. But if we can move N.Brown,Bryce and Waqa early we may have some money to spend and could recruit a few good ones.
Hopgood will be a nice addition.
I think we slide back to the 5th-8th range and then I suppose anything can happen at finals time.

Penrith will be tough and favourites again.

Sharks and Cowboys will be better with another year under there belts but will have a tougher draw.

Roosters will hover around they have the cheese coming in but JWH is getting on i don't think he has much petrol left. Keary is a concussion away from retirement.

Storm are on the slide still have a great spine but around that there isn't much and Bellamy final year as coach how much juice is left in him.

Souths are like roosters will hang around the top 4 a lot depends on Latrell and how many decent games he plays.

Bulldogs are the only side I see jumping out from the bottom half to threaten.

Manly are wildcard simply with the tommy turbo factor but I reckon that club is fractured will take a long time to repair and Des is no the nose won't help things.

The rest will I can't see doing much will be similar to this year.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think we are further away from a GF than we have ever been, we have a coach now who will be pressuring the club to extend him even though last night showed when it matters he and his coaching staff are found wanting. Then he will be doing all he can to push his two sons along all he can. I can see us losing Dyl to the Storm or the Dolphins I really can. It was a great ride but this ride would see us stuck with Bea for another 4 or 5 years. The life of an Eels fan.