What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRAND FINAL: Parramatta v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD at Accor 2/10/22

hindy111

Post Whore
I think we slide back to the 5th-8th range and then I suppose anything can happen at finals time.

Penrith will be tough and favourites again.

Sharks and Cowboys will be better with another year under there belts but will have a tougher draw.

Roosters will hover around they have the cheese coming in but JWH is getting on i don't think he has much petrol left. Keary is a concussion away from retirement.

Storm are on the slide still have a great spine but around that there isn't much and Bellamy final year as coach how much juice is left in him.

Souths are like roosters will hang around the top 4 a lot depends on Latrell and how many decent games he plays.

Bulldogs are the only side I see jumping out from the bottom half to threaten.

Manly are wildcard simply with the tommy turbo factor but I reckon that club is fractured will take a long time to repair and Des is no the nose won't help things.

The rest will I can't see doing much will be similar to this year.

Saints I would throw in the mix alongside Brisbane

Disappointing end to the season. What happened to our aggression and line speed? Totally gone after 5 minutes. No kick chase pressure. Either last week took it out of us or we just weren't good enough.

I was numb throughout the game, just shitty with Klein and Atkins.
Credit to the panthers they wanted it more. I honestly believe the two teams cancel each other out on talent. But what they had more of was the want and desire. They were motivated. The kick chase was disgraceful and all those 1 percenters comes downs to being up for the game. Not looking for trick shots on the first tackle

Mate the difference between the teams is ability, not solely attitude. Penrith at their best vs Eels at their best wins by 4 tries. That is the same against the other 14 teams too.
I disagree. We had the team and the talent. They cancel each other out. We could have won if the team had turned up. This is BA legacy issue and it’s not the first time

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I disagree. We had the team and the talent. They cancel each other out. We could have won if the team had turned up. This is BA legacy issue and it’s not the first time
Can you explain you come to the conclusion that the squad cancels each other out? Where are we better than them?

Hindy tried and failed.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I had been saying this for the last 2-3 years about Arthur and motivating his team for the big game. He just does not get it. And it cost us massively again. An opportunity this time missed that may not come round again for decades.

The difference between the two teams yesterday was that one wanted it more and were super motivated to do it. The other team came out and “played a normal game” What Penrith did yesterday was epic. The game was over in 15-20 mins. The coach had them motivated. What they did was NOT play a normal game, their performance was EPIC, one for the ages.

the you had Parra. So The opposition 5/8 calls you out out 2 days before the game saying that they were your “Daddy” - I understand it’s childish and Luai is a dope (any idiot that manicures their eyebrows has issues) but any half decent coach would latch on to those things plaster it on the walls and ask his troops to rip their heads off. BA was asked about that and he completely dismissed it. No issue. So for the biggest game in our clubs recent history they came out and played A NORMAL GAME. They didn’t arrive together to the game, no training session together at Accor stadium together nothing.

There was only one team that was wanting to win at all costs last night. The other team wanted to win but played a normal game. Comes down to the coaches.
Yea I kept hoping he'll go for the underdog theme. He decided not to, Man is too simple and nice.

EelsFan05

Bench
DBrown is a really good player. And on his day one of our best. But going on this finals series, if he want anywhere near a million a season, we would be right to let him go.

Eelectrica

Referee
We need to somehow make it back in 2-3 years to capitalise this experience and take what we learned into another Grand Final.

As a fan I was happy to make it. It's been a weird stop start season. Never losing more than 1, never winning more than 3. A mixed bag of ugly losses and some good wins.

Don't expect the players to have thought that though. A lot of those guys won't get another chance at a championship.

Most disappointing was the game being pretty much over after 30 minutes. Thought we could take them well into the second half at least.

Not sure we'll make it back next year, but who knows.
Wouldn't be extending BA right now either. See what next year brings first and keep options open.

Pazza

First Grade
We need to somehow make it back in 2-3 years to capitalise this experience and take what we learned into another Grand Final.

As a fan I was happy to make it. It's been a weird stop start season. Never losing more than 1, never winning more than 3. A mixed bag of ugly losses and some good wins.

Don't expect the players to have thought that though. A lot of those guys won't get another chance at a championship.

Most disappointing was the game being pretty much over after 30 minutes. Thought we could take them well into the second half at least.

Not sure we'll make it back next year, but who knows.
Wouldn't be extending BA right now either. See what next year brings first and keep options open.

i still think we are at the beginning of our journey as top 4 club atm. I know we have been at it for a while but we really did start allll the way from the bottom.

i think this team will be a top 4 team again next year with a shot to make another GF. hopefully we take the lessons of this experience and grow from it. Melborune, Penrith, Manly, Roosters have all been through the same experiences as we have last night. its not time to throw everything out the window like we did after 09 or what the Blues did during that qlds dynasty.

Keep building, keep growing and keep going boys.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Who deserved to be at the GF ahead of us ? We didn’t have a dream draw against all the shit teams like Cows and Sharks did. We actually beat some good teams along the way.
We deserved our 4th place and GF spot, but given where we were after being belted by the Broncos I feel we have overachieved off the back of a strong finish. Most people (myself included) had us barely making the finals after the Broncos loss. Plenty on here had us missing them!

JokerEel

Coach
As I said 4 or 5yrs ago JFH will be the best prop in the game or one of. He is a beast and your style of modern day forwards.

Pou what's your take on him? Average you said right.

I didn't expect us to win. But I thought we'd make a game of it and lose in the last 20. That was pretty dissapointing for us and the neutral specator. Horrible game.

Honestly JFH wasn't the best prop last night.

Moses Leota was the best player in the field and was robbed of the Clive Churchill medal.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I must say before the game I got to the Locker Room around 2pm with some mates and had some beers.

It was amazing to see the Blue and Gold army in force. All types of Parra jerseys from Retro 1980s to 1990s, 2000s Asics jersey, indigenous Jersey's, Anzac Jersey's, 9s Jersey's.

Considering the hardships between 2009 and yesterday.

To sit and soak it all in was an awesome atmosphere before the game as there times I didn't think we could get back to a GF with some of the seasons and dramas we had in the past decade and while we didn't win.

The one thing Penrith will never match is the number of Eels fans in this universe. We have the best fans in the planet no matter how the team is going and stuff what the rest of the teams think of us.