What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRAND FINAL: Parramatta v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD at Accor 2/10/22

Gronk

Staff member
I’ve been arguing the first narrative but it’s probably a bit of both tbh.
Let's not forget that in the last 3 seasons, the Pennys W/L record is outstanding. So even during covid and origin they have dropped f**k all games.

WonDrawnLostPlayed
2020​
22​
1​
3​
26​
2021​
27​
0​
5​
32​
2022​
27​
0​
3​
31​
76​
1​
11​
89​

Rocket man

Juniors
I think a bit of both, we’re the Panthers ther good or did our lack of anything make it all the more easy for them??? I think again out scramble was fantastic but we did little else to pressure them. Chinry played in a dinner suit yet again.
In hindsight maybe we should of started Brown for his leg speed.

Rocket man

Juniors
How many times did Brown charge up in D and come up empty handed ? Pennys footwork at the line rendered him ineffective.
Yes but maybe he brings the rest of the defensive line up with him instead of what was offered up.
After 5 or 6 minutes we were shot.

yy_cheng

Coach
2009 is the most bizarre season of all time.

Our first 18 weeks mostly was dreadful. Some of the performances were as gutless as what we produced in Wooden Spoon seasons.

I remember a home game at Homebush against the Dogs early on we simply gave up they put 48 on us and seriously it was one of most weak gutted displays I have seen.

Then we copped the utter humiliation by losing to a busted sharks team at home on a 11 game losing streak.

By the time the streak started I was more cconcerned about getting the spoon then making finals.

Jarryd no doubt carried us but it was a perfect storm of momentum as we had the likes of Robson, Mortimer, Keating, Kingston in career best form. MoiMoi was best front rower in the comp for 3 months. EGJ played like a man possessed and stayed on his winh.

Lowrie, Ben Smith, Galuvao did there jobs in the backrow. Cayless and Hindy just did what they always did.
They Interviewed someone from the 2009 gf team and he said that in the beginning of the year, DA tried to implement a style/strategy that successfully worked in England for him.

However, he realised the players werent suited for that style and scrapped it and introduced offloading and from that point onwards, it shot away

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Let's not forget that in the last 3 seasons, the Pennys W/L record is outstanding. So even during covid and origin they have dropped f**k all games.

WonDrawnLostPlayed
2020​
22​
1​
3​
26​
2021​
27​
0​
5​
32​
2022​
27​
0​
3​
31​
76​
1​
11​
89​

They’ve dropped even less when they’ve been at full strength. Merkins.

To treat that game as a normal game is criminal. How the hell did the head coach come up with that thinking? I always said that he issues motivating his team for the big games. Have been saying it for the last few years. It was there to see in all its glory on Sunday. “Normal Game” he said. It’s just baffling. Just absolutely hopeless tactics and coaching. Hopeless.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If you honestly believe that you must still believe in the tooth fairy.

wasn’t Osborne caught out in melb interviewing SK for the job in April 2010?
Weren’t Spags, Osborne and co having dinners with Quade Cooper mid season and the coach is nowhere to be seen??? He was a dead walking most of that season.

King-Gutho94

Coach
If you honestly believe that you must still believe in the tooth fairy.

wasn’t Osborne caught out in melb interviewing SK for the job in April 2010?

Mid-August this article states osborne met Kearney.

Someone broke the news before the Broncos in Round 23 that Osborne met Kearney that week. From then on it was just a month of chaos where DA was a dead man walking.

But you could be right I reckon it would have been around June the wheels started turning on DA

As we were tracking alright until Tahu had a meltdown after walking out of origin camp and Hayne was bagged out after a loss by DA during origin time which led to speculation of a falling out.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We chased the collision for about 5 mins, no wonder why we were tired FFS!!! The plan to chase the collision probably needs to last longer than that.
I told you we were fatigued. Gould even predicted we would be. Not having any ball early on certainly didn’t help.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Don't be a pissant. Daniel Anderson changed our style and side clicked. That 2009 was brilliant. They had 3 huge wins in the finals and pushed the Storm.
They where a great side. The final product. It was a side that evolved. You seem to think it's about what you do all year. It's about adjusting and developing.
Rabbit
Haha yeah and then in 2010 he changed our style back to shit. He was such a puppet master! You merkins watch too many movies.

IFR33K

Coach

Mid-August this article states osborne met Kearney.

Someone broke the news before the Broncos in Round 23 that Osborne met Kearney that week. From then on it was just a month of chaos where DA was a dead man walking.

But you could be right I reckon it would have been around June the wheels started turning on DA

As we were tracking alright until Tahu had a meltdown after walking out of origin camp and Hayne was bagged out after a loss by DA during origin time which led to speculation of a falling out.

The minute 3p came in they wanted da out because of his association with fitzy. Eels making the gf only delayed their decision.

Latest posts