What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRAND FINAL: Parramatta v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD at Accor 2/10/22

hindy111

Post Whore
You are really dirty about losing hey..

I don't get emotional about football games. I used to in my 20s. Nowdays I enjoyment but it doesn't upset or excite me like it used to. Maybe my nuts have shrunk as I have aged. Lower testosterone perhaps? I'm unsure. I woukd of liked to see the Eels win but I expected Penrith would. They are a far better side. Haven't you watched the last 3 seasons? They are awesome.

Black Diamond

Juniors
I don't get emotional about football games. I used to in my 20s. Nowdays I enjoyment but it doesn't upset or excite me like it used to. Maybe my nuts have shrunk as I have aged. Lower testosterone perhaps? I'm unsure. I woukd of liked to see the Eels win but I expected Penrith would. They are a far better side. Haven't you watched the last 3 seasons? They are awesome.
Nah shrunken balls can't be the reason. Haven't you seen some of those fanatical chick's that follow the footy?

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach
Same leaders disposed of the premiers the week before (at 2pm), who also had a lot of big game experience.

We just looked like a deer in headlights that first half. Wether is was GF nerves (probably), later start, leaders , Smith etc...Maybe a little of all of it
Brian should have stayed off his phone 48 hours before the game.

A family friend who was best friends with Caylo growing up and playing at Wenty.

Reckons Smithy was bombarding the players with texts that Saturday night trying to get them amped up for the game but clearly backfired.

lucablight

First Grade
I think the Knights just had more big game experience.

But look at it this way, if our chance of winning was greater than zero (whether this is true is untestable so for practical purposes it’s just a matter of opinion) then we might’ve just been unlucky on the day. Maybe enough senior players woke up on the wrong side of the bed and decided to shit themselves.

That said, the first half tells me our chance of winning was far less than 50%. Personally I blame the leaders in the team, and as for Smith, he had a history of driving strong leaders out of clubs he was at. But also that team had no right setting records on talent alone. I think Smith’s brilliance had them overachieving all year until the final game.
With the benefit of hindsight I think it’s reasonable to say the Knights were just a more talented team but didn’t perform to their potential during the season. They had the likes of Johns, Giddey, Buderus, O’Davis, Kennedy, Tahu, Simpson at the peak of their powers. I’d say it’s demonstrative that for and against isn’t the be all metric.

King-Gutho94

Coach
With the benefit of hindsight I think it’s reasonable to say the Knights were just a more talented team but didn’t perform to their potential during the season. They had the likes of Johns, Giddey, Buderus, O’Davis, Kennedy, Tahu, Simpson at the peak of their powers. I’d say it’s demonstrative that for and against isn’t the be all metric.
Johns was injured for 2 months with a knee injury.

Newcastle got lapped a couple of times in those 2 months.

I dare say if Joey didn't get injured they would have got close to the minor premiership alongside us.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Joey played 21 games in 2001.

Won 17 drew 1 lost 3.

Knights were 2 from 8 without him and both wins were against Penrith and Cowboys who were equal last.

Without Joey there were some blowouts.
18-46 v Bulldogs at Newcastle
0-40 v Parramatta at Parra
12-38 v Dragons at Newcastle

Also lost to Northern Eagles and Wests tigers who were useless as tits on a bull.

No Joey no Newcastle.

9 points off us in the regular season and lost 12 points due to no Joey.

lucablight

First Grade
Man our boys are getting absolutely wrecked by Penrith both on and off the field. I hope they don’t forget this