What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRAND FINAL: Parramatta v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD at Accor 2/10/22

Angry_eel

First Grade
I'll actually be changing my membership from full season to 4 games. Can't take my 3 yr old to night games and there's only a few Sunday games.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And.... has really bad plucked eyebrows. Penrith isn't famous for its eyebrow technicians.... and since when can you be a gangster and have heavily plucked eyebrows? Modern world is so confusing. Sometimes i find myself wondering why Cher is on the field
90s believe GIF

emjaycee

Coach
At first I kinda agreed with you. But then I thought about it.
A bunch of 20ylds after a huge night on the piss and 3yrs of hard work being able to finally celebrate infront of their fans.
Massive over reaction. Ffs we are all grown and mature men. Judging a group of kids from all walks of life and not even knowing what theyve come from. This is just media beat up trying to create a stir and sell papers. Kinda pathetic and lame.
Let them enjoy their moment. I'm sure they will learn from it and become more humble as they mature.
What's their average age?
25+ so they aren't really kids.

lucablight

First Grade
They're a business ffs. They only need to make money 'overall'.
You were saying that the bookies always win by pointing at one market from a single event. Bookies can in fact lose money on single markets. They obviously win in the long run but if you’re looking at one market in isolation then it’s not really true is it? When we beat Penrith earlier in the season they were close to $1.20 favourites. Yet the bookies gave us more chance in the grand final to beat them again when they were close to $1.37. So your assertion about them giving us next to no chance is actually incorrect. They gave us more of a chance than the previous two occasions we met this season.

IFR33K

Coach
yep. And the decision will look like an absolute stupid one if in preseason we have a couple of niggling injuries and a few players can’t start. March is 5 months away, look how we were start of this year with outside backs.

hey @Gronk, I can only assume you’re an idiot for your comments in the injuries thread, but what does that make me?

mattos decision is looking sillier by the minute. I can’t help it if you lacked the foresight back then, and tried justifying it with “there must be a good reason”.

Gronk

Staff member
hey @Gronk, I can only assume you’re an idiot for your comments in the injuries thread, but what does that make me?

mattos decision is looking sillier by the minute. I can’t help it if you lacked the foresight back then, and tried justifying it with “there must be a good reason”.
You’re a tad obsessed with this. He made a rash decision. The club even lodged an appeal to reverse it on his behalf. Have you ever made a mistake in your life ? Let. It. Go.

IFR33K

Coach
You’re a tad obsessed with this. He made a rash decision. The club even lodged an appeal to reverse it on his behalf. Have you ever made a mistake in your life ? Let. It. Go.

you choose to be a smart ass after a general comment. But I have an obsession?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Well the NRL gave him the choice and then refused to let him change it. If they're going to keep charging merkins for crushers when the attacker backs into them they're going to keep having situations like this.

Either way, for our players it's an opportunity.