What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Qualifier: Parra v Cowboys GAME DAY THREAD in Townsville 23/9/22

Stormy36

Juniors
I'm alot more confident than I would of been a few months back. I think playing with the slide defence now will let us tighten up the middle and can limit what Robson and cotter can do. Them two and Holmes are the three we have to watch

the phantom menace

First Grade
So Opacic definitely ruled out... now nervous af - though I'll only believe Simonssen promoted to the starting line-up when I see it.

The logical move to me would be for Arthur to have Nuikore start in the centres, and Nathan Brown (or at a push Makatoa) to do the opening 20mins at 13 before Matterson comes off the bench in his usual role.

I think we need to go into the match with three forwards on the bench (Matterson, Kaufusi, and whoever doesn't start at 13 out of Makatoa/Brown - assuming Nuikore starts at 4). Meaning we can carry one of Cartwright, Jake Arthur or Simonssen on the bench for spine/backline cover...

the phantom menace

First Grade
anyone remember the 2009 semi vs GC ... Jonathan Wright filled in cos some merkin was injured (Inu?) ... scored a nice try untouched

I'm gonna predict Simmonsen gets a try in the same fashion
He's not on my first scorer's list... should be juicy odds though!

the phantom menace

First Grade
If Hiku and Holmes get good ball in the centres, I have a scary feeling that without Opacic (or without Nuikore defending in Opacic's place) we might be toast tonight :(.

i thought we could all use a little positive energy right now

Care Bears Cartoon GIF

crocodile

Bench
So Opacic definitely ruled out... now nervous af - though I'll only believe Simonssen promoted to the starting line-up when I see it.

The logical move to me would be for Arthur to have Nuikore start in the centres, and Nathan Brown (or at a push Makatoa) to do the opening 20mins at 13 before Matterson comes off the bench in his usual role.

I think we need to go into the match with three forwards on the bench (Matterson, Kaufusi, and whoever doesn't start at 13 out of Makatoa/Brown - assuming Nuikore starts at 4). Meaning we can carry one of Cartwright, Jake Arthur or Simonssen on the bench for spine/backline cover...
Marata is more valuable in the forwards. This is where we need him most. He's an adequate fill in for centre when the cupboard is bare and has done a good job in the past. Once beaten on the outside he doesn't have the speed to recover. Hopefully Simmo does OK. A little odd that his pace hasn't been exploited since his arrival. I've never seen him given the ball in space. Probably a little late to try new things out.

Wally21

Bench
Bought the Kraken on sale at vintage cellars just now, got the ginger beer, will order an extra spicy Nasi Goreng as I can enjoy it tonight on the way in and tomorrow on the way out. Now just get my nana nap in and I’ll be ready to go go merkins!! GO PARRA!!!!

Cowgirls Defense against the sharks was terrible. The mighty blue and golds to rip them a new one straight up the middle.

eels by 1-12 after they get a few late consolation tries

Total points over 43

Drown anytime
Paw-Low anytime

get on it merkins