What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Qualifier: Parra v Cowboys GAME DAY THREAD in Townsville 23/9/22

Happy MEel

First Grade
Not ashamed to admit I shed a tear last night at the conclusion. This club absolutely puts you through the wringer and I just felt that there was a bloody good chance the Cows would score on the bell because that’s how things usually play out for Parramatta.

So proud to be in the big dance. Bought a ticket last night. Look forward to having a few frothies with some of you next weekend hopefully.
I’m keen mate. We’ll put something out about pre-game beers towards the end of the week.

yy_cheng

Coach
RCGs first try was interesting. Last week we ran a similar play with Matto passing to Junior. This week we've run the same play, but instead went with a face ball across Junior to RCG into a big hole, which was created when Townsend came in because he thought it was going to Junior. Good play really.

We were virtually making breaks or scoring at will once we got into their half though. If we'd not made as many unforced errors to give ourselves more opportunities in the first half, we really could have a big lead at half time.

What about ices break and shit pass

King-Gutho94

Coach
Ironically, the biggest arsehole troll in NRL twitter world, felt the need to put him in his place.

The moment he said we would get lapped by 40 next week I knew he was bitter, pissed drunk and lost a lot of dough on the cowboys. Lost of perspective.

Tbf Moses had excuses but the performance did give his harshest critics an excuse to claim he doesn't deliver in big games.

Thankfully Mitch gets a chance this week to silence them again. And he won't play that bad again.

Gronk

Staff member
The moment he said we would get lapped by 40 next week I knew he was bitter, pissed drunk and lost a lot of dough on the cowboys. Lost of perspective.

Tbf Moses had excuses but the performance did give his harshest critics an excuse to claim he doesn't deliver in big games.

Thankfully Mitch gets a chance this week to silence them again. And he won't play that bad again.
OK so he kicked two out on the full, but that was from kick pressure when we were still in our own half on the 5th tackle. As much as the buck stops with Moses, it’s a team effort to only gain 30m in a set and then not protect your kicker.

I wouldn’t swap him for anyone and I expect that this will be the start of a week of bagging Gutho, Mitch, the TLT list, our rotations and 1,000 other reasons why we will lose. Then if we do, it will an opportunity lost, a choke, another cinderella moment, a cleanout, shit culture, rifts, curses because we lost against a Usain Bolt vs Matt Shirvington short odds fav.

Lap it up Parra you are the underdogs, the city favourite, the sentimental rugby league world favourite. You’ve got nothing to lose, so roll the dice, take a risk and leave nothing in the tank.

hindy111

Post Whore
OK so he kicked two out on the full, but that was from kick pressure when we were still in our own half on the 5th tackle. As much as the buck stops with Moses, it’s a team effort to only gain 30m in a set and then not protect your kicker.

I wouldn’t swap him for anyone and I expect that this will be the start of a week of bagging Gutho, Mitch, the TLT list, our rotations and 1,000 other reasons why we will lose. Then if we do, it will an opportunity lost, a choke, another cinderella moment, a cleanout, shit culture, rifts, curses because we lost against a Usain Bolt vs Matt Shirvington short odds fav.

Lap it up Parra you are the underdogs, the city favourite, the sentimental rugby league world favourite. You’ve got noting to lose, so roll the dice, take a risk and leave nothing in the tank.

I think there was a lot of poor kicks on top of out on the full. Or perhaps very average kicks would be better way to describe.
I mean how many great kicks? Very few. When he isnon 80% are great.

hindy111

Post Whore
Didn't acclimatise to the weather. I heard it was going to be a hundred degrees and a thousand percent humidity.

I'd check you're sources mate. Those figures just seem completely unbelievable. I use weatherzone personally. Do you know how to download an app on your smart phone?

Bandwagon

Staff member
I think there was a lot of poor kicks on top of out on the full. Or perhaps very average kicks would be better way to describe.
I mean how many great kicks? Very few. When he isnon 80% are great.

I reckon after those two poor kicks he readjusted and went back to just getting his kicking game right rather than risk further error with putting up kicks like those torpedo floaters which always carry an element of risk given how you have to kick the ball.

That to me is a sign of maturity, knowing when to pull the trigger and when to pull it back and concentrate on the basics.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I reckon after those two poor kicks he readjusted and went back to just getting his kicking game right rather than risk further error with putting up kicks like those torpedo floaters which always carry an element of risk given how you have to kick the ball.

That to me is a sign of maturity, knowing when to pull the trigger and when to pull it back and concentrate on the basics.
That 1st kick in the 2nd half was very timid from memory.

He got it on the 10m line but it was like a gentle kick put up with no power or spin in it.