What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Qualifier: Parra v Cowboys GAME DAY THREAD in Townsville 23/9/22

84 Baby

Referee
Then a six again off Waqa!
f**k I’m nervous right now and I know the result!
That was when I thought they were going to steal it. Great defence. And despite having the 4 point buffer, I don’t think we even really pushed the envelope with offside, laying in ruck, etc

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I’m watching the game again now. Ways good to take another look away from the stress and emotion of when you watch it live.

We weren’t as bad as I remember in the first half. We’re sloppy at times but weren’t dominated like I remembered.

A couple of things. Taumololo was lucky not to be sent off. Shoulder direct to the head, no wrapping action of his leading arm. Good thing Ice passed his HIA.

Also, I can’t believe the bunker confirmed that try where Moses was held back from marker. I’m not sure how you can look at that and say it’s ok. He was not given the opportunity to be in the line to stop Leilua. Sure he eventually was the for the tackle, but if he was standing up in the line it’s likely the cowboys don’t even go to the blind side.

Feldt knocked on off the short drop out leading to their 1st try. Holmes' pass for their 3rd try was dubious too

JokerEel

Coach
Annesley was asked about it.
Said he didn't have vision of it but recalled it.
In his opinion should of been a penalty.

Time stamp where he said he thinks it should have been a penalty, also said bunker cant get involved as it happened before the play the ball. So Cowboys had a try given when it should have been a penalty..
1664178126744.png

Annesley said this is a 360degrees......

1664177540349.png

On the Ice head shot..

Apparently, the greater advantage was that we had 1 more tackle in their half...

Or us getting a penalty on our 30 kick for touch on halfway and attacking them with 12 man..
which one is the greater advantage..
1664177919909.png

yy_cheng

Coach
I’m watching the game again now. Ways good to take another look away from the stress and emotion of when you watch it live.

We weren’t as bad as I remember in the first half. We’re sloppy at times but weren’t dominated like I remembered.

A couple of things. Taumololo was lucky not to be sent off. Shoulder direct to the head, no wrapping action of his leading arm. Good thing Ice passed his HIA.

Also, I can’t believe the bunker confirmed that try where Moses was held back from marker. I’m not sure how you can look at that and say it’s ok. He was not given the opportunity to be in the line to stop Leilua. Sure he eventually was the for the tackle, but if he was standing up in the line it’s likely the cowboys don’t even go to the blind side.
It was like that soo play where they held jnr in the scrum and then scored

hindy111

Post Whore
Feldt knocked on off the short drop out leading to their 1st try. Holmes' pass for their 3rd try was dubious too

If we hadn't scored then its 20-18. Most likely they go on defensive and play safe and we go on attack. We don't shut up shop which is what they seemed to do at 20-12.
Bad call but better side won. So stiff shit to them

yy_cheng

Coach
If we hadn't scored then its 20-18. Most likely they go on defensive and play safe and we go on attack. We don't shut up shop which is what they seemed to do at 20-12.
Bad call but better side won. So stiff shit to them
Have u seen the stats? From tct

For the numbers inclined:

Possession: Cowboys 54%, Eels 46%
Completions: Cowboys 36/43 (83%), Eels 27/36 (75%)
Run metres: Cowboys 1,857, Eels 1,611
Tackle breaks: Cowboys 40, Eels 31
Offloads: Eels 15, Cowboys 7
Tackles: Eels 360, Cowboys 299
Ineffective tackles: Cowboys 24, Eels 9
Errors: Cowboys 6, Eels 11
Penalties conceded: Cowboys 5, Eels 7
Grand finals in 2022: Eels 1, Cowboys 0

we were outplayed in almost all areas.

The want at the end was amazing. When we got the ball back from the lane charge down and u see our guys in the background all haunched over it was heart warming

It is why i think we will win next week coz the guys really wants it

hindy111

Post Whore
Have u seen the stats? From tct

For the numbers inclined:

Possession: Cowboys 54%, Eels 46%
Completions: Cowboys 36/43 (83%), Eels 27/36 (75%)
Run metres: Cowboys 1,857, Eels 1,611
Tackle breaks: Cowboys 40, Eels 31
Offloads: Eels 15, Cowboys 7
Tackles: Eels 360, Cowboys 299
Ineffective tackles: Cowboys 24, Eels 9
Errors: Cowboys 6, Eels 11
Penalties conceded: Cowboys 5, Eels 7
Grand finals in 2022: Eels 1, Cowboys 0

we were outplayed in almost all areas.

The want at the end was amazing. When we got the ball back from the lane charge down and u see our guys in the background all haunched over it was heart warming

It is why i think we will win next week coz the guys really wants it

We looked more dangerous with the ball.

T.S Quint

Coach
How can I watch the replay

images

IFR33K

Coach
So media all talk up the forward pass as it creates better headlines but disregard that incident….

Media are idiots!!

We have a merkin that works for us (die hard dogs fan) that hasn’t spoken RL to me in around 5 years because his team blows.

I walk in to work today and he immediately put shit on the ref. I play silly and said what ref. He mentioned the ref how he missed the forward pass Moses threw. I said was that the same ref that awarded a try to cowboys when it should of been a penalty to parra because Moses was obstructed at marker.

he said he wasn’t upset or arguing and that I should be happy they’re in.

lol some people don’t understand there’s been a 1000 tries scored from forward passes, it’s part of the game.

Last edited:

Latest posts