What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final > Storm v Roosters

FlameThrower

Bench
So team 1 and 2 of regular season face off in the Grand Final. Cronk may not play which is huge for Roosters, but also Slayter me be suspended. Possibly Jake Friend in trouble also for his tackle on GI. Lattell and Napa back for Roosters - so lots of twists and turns prior to game day.
My tip is a Storm win.

Last edited by a moderator:

BLM01

First Grade
I said start of the year Roosters would win the comp purely because of their combined salary of about $15 million. I will stick with that but as I said just in another post the way the game has been refereed or lack there of in the past 2 weeks it suits the Roosters to a tee as they are a better defensive side than the Storm.
I dont think Drags could of beaten the Roosters last night anyway without Sims as well the way the 10 and ruck was policed. I feel better now!. had Souths won well...different story

Dragon Blood

Juniors
I will probably do the same as I did for the 2008 GF, I mowed the lawns instead of watching the game.

Although It was a Sunday arvo game back then, hmmm maybe a spot of night fishing instead this year.

In summary I won't be watching the GF either way because I despise both cheating clubs like I did back in 2008. Why waste another couple of hours of my life watching WWE

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The game was set up about half way through the season.

With 2 and possibly 3 of arguably the current biggest names in the game retiring, former team mates squaring off, a replay of last year and a chance for 1 to go back-to-back.

I'm going for a Storm win, if only to see the end of the Smith/Slater era.

possm

Coach
Looking at the game last night , we could have beaten both those teams(on our day) , should have won last week against the Bunnies . Anyway don't really care who wins , if I have to pick a winner its the Storm , not sold on the Roosters .....
I'd say that if we swapped coaches with wither team we would have smashed Souths last week and would win the GF next week.

It's the coach so sack Mary this week!

Gareth67

First Grade
Dislike both sets of rorters , however the Melbourne rorters will win as they have too much experience in the big games , plus the 3 rd ref C.Smith who will undoubtedly have more than his say in the running of the game . However between the 2 I would prefer to see the chooks win it , but I believe that Storm will still be too strong with or without Slater .

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
FMD.
Hate them both with a passion.
I actually dont know any Storm fans, not one.
I know lots of Chook supporters so my life would be much easier if Storm won.
Otherwise, who cares.

Your a hard but fair man, ALSGI.

I too despise both teams but the Storm with Smith, Slater & Bellyache must be considered the epi-centre of the Arrrseole world.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I'd say that if we swapped coaches with wither team we would have smashed Souths last week and would win the GF next week.

Looks like Maguire is going to Manly, providing the club accepts his insistence of his whole staff being appointed.
That in itself shows that he will make inroads with Manly.

We are standing at the dock of the bay, watching the ships go by......

dannyt

Coach
I honestly do not care.

Next week end, I will put on my slow cooking bbq early in the morning. Brisket should be ready by dinner time. While this cooks, I'll mow the lawn and do some general stuff around the house. Probably clean the pool.

For the last few hrs of the cook when all chores are done, I'll have a few beers. When the brisket has reached temp, I'll let it rest for an hour and prepare a salad and some potatoes for dinner. A few beers along the way.

I'll watch the game while having dinner and some beers, and not care who will win. Rather, I'll be lamenting what might have been and cursing that I'm not watching my beloved Dragons in the GF live at ANZ. Instead, a f@#%ing wasted day of chores and bbq, and a wasted year.

Drag Queen

Bench

I agree with you there. We looked the better team against Souths except for that pesky little Reynolds guy. I doubt we would have been in cooee of making the finals though. Too many injuries and an inept coach was not going to get us there. Have to hand it to Souths for their game plan against us. They managed to set up three well perfected field goals. Mary would never think up that plan in his wildest dreams. Of all the games this year I sincerely hope Mary had a good hard look at himself.

dannyt

Coach
I agree with you there. We looked the better team against Souths except for that pesky little Reynolds guy. I doubt we would have been in cooee of making the finals though. Too many injuries and an inept coach was not going to get us there. Have to hand it to Souths for their game plan against us. They managed to set up three well perfected field goals. Mary would never think up that plan in his wildest dreams. Of all the games this year I sincerely hope Mary had a good hard look at himself.
He has.

"Best year since 2011".

Drag Queen

Bench
Looks like Maguire is going to Manly, providing the club accepts his insistence of his whole staff being appointed.
That in itself shows that he will make inroads with Manly.

We are standing at the dock of the bay, watching the ships go by......
Too funny OKB. Playing Otis Redding's Sitting on the dock of the bay trying to calm my fire-breathing colicky dragon baby to settle. It ain't working for him but it is for me :D

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
It’s the benchmark (Melbourne) versus my “smoky” (Chooks). Whoever had a decent crack at me for declaring these teams were the sides to beat, I only have one thing to say.

Haha :laughing:

Elsewhere, Melbourne will win because the NRL are desperate to send Slater off on a winning note.

possm

Coach
Dislike both sets of rorters , however the Melbourne rorters will win as they have too much experience in the big games , plus the 3 rd ref C.Smith who will undoubtedly have more than his say in the running of the game . However between the 2 I would prefer to see the chooks win it , but I believe that Storm will still be too strong with or without Slater .
The Dragons would have beaten the Rorters last night. I still can't get over the loss to the wabbits.

Old Timer

Coach
I hope that the chooks are getting beaten by 20 with 5 to go and JWH decides that he doesn't want to play on next year and goes ballistic and punches the shit out of Slater & Smith until 5 minutes after the full time hooter has sounded by which time KAOS has descend on the two teams and an all in brawl results.
Then after the Melbourne scum get their customary tattoos the NRL finds out that both teams have cheated the cap and they take back the premiership and both teams have to go around in 2019 for no points.
That would be a most enjoyable result IMO.
Other than that I'll probably go up the club and play darts all afternoon and pin some photos of Smith, Slater etc on the board for fun.