What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grandfinal Day or Night?

Grandfinal Tradition of Day over Night

• Night

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Day

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

antonius

Coach
There is no contest as far as I'm concerned day Grand Finals are the best, and why they meddled with a winning formular was purely to pander to the broadcasters. Nothing better than a lunchtime BBQ, few beers 3.00pm arrives and your ready for the game. as it is now by the time it starts, you've been drinking all day and the Monday morning blues are arriving and the bloody game hasn't even kicked off. I reckon the players wouldn't be to fussed sitting around all day waiting for kick off either. 2001, half of Newcastle were waiting around at Marathon for the team to get back at 2.00am in the morning. ( I expect a few smart remarks about that, but I'll cop them ) The game is put on at night to suit the money men, and as usual the fan who pays his money gets last consideration. Just another example of the powers that be knowing whats best for us Pfffffttttt. :x

Raider_69

Post Whore
dimitri said:
perhaps make the day a real rugby league festival

where during the day

each club can have stands outside where you can buy team apparell (this would be a great way for teams to get rid of old stock at a cheaper price), sign up for next years membership etc

get more people at homebush earlier

great idea,
i know if this happened i would rock up to Homebush even if i didnt have a ticket, just for the sales......

your an ideas man dimitri

Raider_69

Post Whore
antonius said:
There is no contest as far as I'm concerned day Grand Finals are the best, and why they meddled with a winning formular was purely to pander to the broadcasters. Nothing better than a lunchtime BBQ, few beers 3.00pm arrives and your ready for the game. as it is now by the time it starts, you've been drinking all day and the Monday morning blues are arriving and the bloody game hasn't even kicked off. I reckon the players wouldn't be to fussed sitting around all day waiting for kick off either. 2001, half of Newcastle were waiting around at Marathon for the team to get back at 2.00am in the morning. ( I expect a few smart remarks about that, but I'll cop them ) The game is put on at night to suit the money men, and as usual the fan who pays his money gets last consideration. Just another example of the powers that be knowing whats best for us Pfffffttttt. :x

dont worry Knights fan dont have to worry about that this year
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nor will they ever after johns retires ;-)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

iggy plop

First Grade
syphon said:
Misty Bee said:
The last 2 GF's outrated the AFL GF, which means it is the most watched sporting event in Australia.

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

don't let the facts get in the way of a good yarn.....

National figures from oztam
2001 AFL - 2,603,642 (saturday day)
2001 NRL - 2,097,311 (sunday night)

2002 AFL - 2,625,855
2002 NRL - 2,176,761

and FYI - most watched sporting events:
2001-
1st: Wimbledon - Pat Rafter Final
2nd: AFL Grand Final
3rd: World Swimming Champs Day 8
4th: Soccer World Cup Qualifier v Uruguay
5th: World Swimming Champs Day 6
6th: NRL Grand Final

2002-
1st: World Cup Soccer Final
2nd: AFL Grand Final
3rd: Melbourne Cup
4th: NRL Grand Final

The AFL troll and his biased figures are back.

why don't we look at the overall figures which include regionals - NRL is number one!!!!

Anonymous

Juniors
Razor said:
syphon said:
Misty Bee said:
The last 2 GF's outrated the AFL GF, which means it is the most watched sporting event in Australia.

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

don't let the facts get in the way of a good yarn.....

National figures from oztam
2001 AFL - 2,603,642 (saturday day)
2001 NRL - 2,097,311 (sunday night)

2002 AFL - 2,625,855
2002 NRL - 2,176,761

Notice the "from oztam"

OzTam only rate Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adeliade

To get the true figures you must add the Oztam and ACNeilson (who rate everywhere else) together.

Viewers in Canberra, Townsville, Newcastle, Gold Coast are not included in those OzTam figures you listed.

2001 figures

NRL - 3.598 mil
AFL - 3.433 mil

Haven't seen the 2002 figures.
Actually, I'm still waiting for wuzbucket to reply to Razor's post.
Looks like he's been proven wrong again. :lol:
(don't let the facts get in the way of a good yarn)

Bengal

Juniors
Day time Grand Final for sure.
I found waiting around for the final last year was an absolute killer!

wittyfan

Referee
I hate night Grand Finals with a passion. The only thing worse in the game is the farcical Golden Point rule. :x