What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

graphic of the eels logo

half

Coach
just incase anyone is interested in using this for their websites or making avatars:

eels.gif

i got this image from http://www.parraeels.com.au/pdf/supporters_flyer.PDF

Misty Bee

First Grade
No offence, half Man, but that avatar, next to an Eels logo, sort of sacriligeous don't you think?

Look,if you are subtely trying to tell us that you are from a different gender preference to us, hey, I'm happy for ya. But if you want a 'statement', for gods sake use Rob Halford as an avatar!

new-home-reunion.jpg

half

Coach
can't a man be a fan of prince without people raising questions about his sexuality?!?

oh wait, i see your point. i'm changing to something else stat hahaha

bartman

Immortal
Thanks Halfie, very crisp logo image.

And don't let the pressure get to you - you pick whatever avatar you want! (Not that there's anything wrong with that...)

bartman

Immortal
Diehard said:
What is the deal with the green? :?:

The "round eel" (premiership winning) logo had a green stripe down the back of the eel's head. It disappeared in later versions.

half-man said:
this green is much better than the green we had last season

what green you talking about, Halfy?

I'm pretty sure, but not certain though I suppose, that the current logo has no green.

Me and Dust spewed up big time about that when they changed. It was an important but vastly undervalued part of the logo, and personally I have always thought that was should have a very tiny bit of green somewhere on the jersey, even it was pretty obscure.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
half-man said:
oh i was talking about paul green. please excuse my awful joke!

Jokes aren't that funny if you have to explain them...............

bartman

Immortal
half-man said:
oh i was talking about paul green. please excuse my awful joke!
That's quite (too?)clever. I had a good laugh even though it had to be explained! :lol:

Misty Bee

First Grade
The green was only there because Fitzy, typically on the cheap, used a bodgey printer to run up the logo back in '77, and the green was merely where the blue and gold dyes ran!

It has no heritage value whatsoever. Piss it off!

bartman

Immortal
Misty Bee said:
The green was only there because Fitzy, typically on the cheap, used a bodgey printer to run up the logo back in '77, and the green was merely where the blue and gold dyes ran!

That's also very funny! :lol: I can just imagine that happening...

Nope it represents the hallowed grass of the north hill :) and thus it should always be there.

No matter what people's opinions, it was part of the logo when we started our run to glory in the late 70s and 80s, and thus has a very important, if often overlooked, place on the logo.

The fact that it has returned is also another indication that some tradition is being brought back to the Club. I get the feeling the jersey might be a bit more traditional than the last, and hopefully we can all get that confirmed next Tuesday :)