What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great Crowds!

Moffo

Referee
Great crowds!

35,500 + 16,000 + 20,000 + 22,000 + 18,000 + 22,000 + 10,000

= A great weekend! Anyone work out the average?

Over 20,000 wouldn't it be?

Cheers,
Moffo

*Paul*

Juniors
One the best rounds ever - I make it 12th best. In fact the only higher round attendances have involved either more games and/or double headers

Special K

Coach
hmmm no souths and look what we get..Jokes :)

10,000 was the storm game? Also what was the Cronulla crowd? It looked packed on TV

dimitri

First Grade
yeah crowds ae getting better at storm games definitely

souths would be happy with 10,000 i imagine

maybe with another premiership their crowds will improve even more

Stevo_G

Juniors
i thought the storm were only getting around 8 000 last year when they wqere playin on sat arvos i though this year had average crowds of around 10000

Moffo

Referee
Over 145,000

Best round since 2000

Best avg crowd for a year, beating the 1994 record, well done! (according to the telegraph)

Cheers,
Moffo

King Tigerman

Juniors
Stevo_G said:
i thought the storm were only getting around 8 000 last year when they wqere playin on sat arvos i though this year had average crowds of around 10000

but they should be getting 15000 especially seeing theyve been winning

dimitri

First Grade
Storm games?

They've steadily dropped this year - what planet you on Dimitri?

the storm are doing very well considering their circumstances
especially since an afl game was being played next door at the same time

im sure the rabbitohs would be happy with 10,000

and when the swans were in their initial years they would have been happy with 10,000 too

Southernsaint

Staff member
I heard on the radio this morning that Penrith are capping the crowd at Penrith Park next Sunday at 20,500 for safety & comfort reasons, so there will be no new ground record.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Southernsaint said:
I heard on the radio this morning that Penrith are capping the crowd at Penrith Park next Sunday at 20,500 for safety & comfort reasons, so there will be no new ground record.

Cheers,
Ben S.

That's a real shame.

Moffo

Referee
Penrith are applying pressure to the state gov't to come good with plans to revamp penrith stadium. It really does need a larger capacity, hopefully they will be successful with it. They could definitely increase the capacity of the ground

Cheers,
Moffo

Simo

First Grade
Moffo said:
Penrith are applying pressure to the state gov't to come good with plans to revamp penrith stadium. It really does need a larger capacity, hopefully they will be successful with it. They could definitely increase the capacity of the ground

Cheers,
Moffo

Or even provide similar capacity just with seating or something so that people can still see the game if there is 23 odd thousand at the game, unless it is a union game in which it is better to not see the game :D