What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great Rugby League Names

Willie Ray

Bench
St John Ellis - Played a handful of games for the Crushers

Edit - I just looked him up on Google and he died in 2005.
I remember him,was also known as Singen Ellis,
saw him on the footy show back in the day,had that great Pommie sense of humour,was a naturally funny guy.
RIP.

nick87

Coach
I know we’re all trying to find some names that sound a bit funny
But if you want the best, like actually the name that sounds the best and sums up the great game of RL, the list begins and ends with Hitro Okesene

It rolls off your tongue perfectly

TheFrog

Coach
St John Ellis - Played a handful of games for the Crushers

Edit - I just looked him up on Google and he died in 2005.
Pronounced "Sinjin" IIRC. Had a pretty fair career in his native England.
192px-St._John_Ellis_-_Castleford.jpeg

Wests is Best

Juniors
Ziggy Niszcott is the best RL name imo.

Other notable mentions are Tony Trudgett and another guy in the 80's. I think he was French and his name was Jean Desfosses. Rex Mossop used to pronounce it John Defoss

Fangs

Coach
Iafeta Paleaaesina was quite entertaining. Especially when Kiwis commentators pronounced it.

I Effecta Parleeya Seena.

Big Pete

Referee
Magnus Stromquist
Has represented just about every team's lower grade side. I'm still holding out hope that someday Magnus will earn his shot in the big time.

Renouf To'omaga
Named after his dad's favourite player, does it get more Rugby League?

Jharal Yow Yeh
Jharal is actually an anagram composed of significant friends and family members. Yow Yeh was the perfect last name to have on the end of the backline and I don't think you could ever play him anywhere else.

Latest posts