What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greatest Dives

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Watching Nathan Brown's dive tonight it brought back memories of that myth Terry Hill and the rumours that Manu wanted to sign Ewan Aitkin.

What other great dives do you remember

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
It's got to the stage where all a player has to do is hold the back of his head after a tackle & you can guarantee the ref will blow a penalty.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Greg Bird did the best one I ever saw at Leichhardt. He was kicking and carrying on in a tackle. The player rolled off, Bird stood up then threw his hands up in the air and fell back on the ground. Somehow he still got himself a penalty

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Chris Sandow with souffs...

Got a slight brush across the chin, started to react, but then realised there was a gap in front of him..

So he ran a further 20m before getting brought down in a legs tackle..

He then lay down clutching his forehead, looking for a penalty for the tap before the line break..

The ref just laughed at him and told him to get up or face a penalty against him.

Lol@souffs

AJB1102

First Grade
It's got to the stage where all a player has to do is hold the back of his head after a tackle & you can guarantee the ref will blow a penalty.

Yeah its bullshit and sides are absolutely playing it, Parra especially.

If you back into a tackle and provided the defender doesn't intentionally drop his weight then any damage done is your own fault I reckon.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Watching Nathan Brown's dive tonight it brought back memories of that myth Terry Hill and the rumours that Manu wanted to sign Ewan Aitkin.

What other great dives do you remember

Tbh, that dive was hilarious - the young buck in the Tigers' jersey number 20, mouthing off...and the more experienced Brown milking a penalty from it!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Brown tried a belt in the head and a shove but the kid hardly noticed the grubby midget so he had the ref sort it for him the cat.

And he managed to rustle people's jimmies!

I found it hilarious, tbh.

I don't condone it - I reckon if you want to be the tough guy, then play tough -, but he put that Tigers player in his place.

The way he bounced right back up, after he got the penalty...I see why Tigers fans (and maybe neutral fans) would have been annoyed, but I thought it was hilarious.

Pat O’Doherty - the dive of all dives...

Those who saw it know what I mean. Trumps all others.

I can’t find a clip though, if someone else can.. please do... sheer comedy gold.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Greg Bird origin 3 2014
61eb0522fa8b1fc017088b5b12bd2fe3

Canard

Immortal
Ben Kennedy being the first person to ever dive in Origin, will forever stain his legacy, and if the worst dive in the history of sport.

typicalfan

Coach
And he managed to rustle people's jimmies!

I found it hilarious, tbh.

I don't condone it - I reckon if you want to be the tough guy, then play tough -, but he put that Tigers player in his place.

The way he bounced right back up, after he got the penalty...I see why Tigers fans (and maybe neutral fans) would have been annoyed, but I thought it was hilarious.
I thought opposite, Blore won the exchange but for the rubbish reffing of Sutton. Much respect to the kid.

Latest posts