What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greatest grand final of the last 15 years?

Im probably biased in saying 2003. But so many people say how good that game was for so many reasons.

Obviously 1997 because of the ending was great as well.

parra_princess

Juniors
The 1997 Grand Final No questions. Darren Albert try in the dying seconds, the grand final that ultimately saved Rugby League. Amazing.

aqua_duck

Coach
Probably abit bias but can't go past 97, Manly were unbackable favourites and had won the comp the year before. Got off to a nice lead and were eventually hauled in by a few moments of Robbie O magic. The ending just topped it all off.

Alex28

Coach
I'm biased in saying 1997 ARL, but ultimately it has provided images and evokes feelings about Rugby League that saved the game in all honesty. Super League really did nothing and was dominated by 1 team. Whilst Manly were by far the best team of the competition, it was that game that got people genuinely interested in Rugby League again.

1989 would be just outside the 15 year barrier in the question, but it was a great game of footy as well.

Munky

Coach
Were 97 & 99 really intense games like 03 or did they just have memorable finishes?

Iafeta

Referee
Pennies v Raiders for me. It was the first GF I really got into, and it had a lot of raw excitement with whom I considered the underdogs winning.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
03 by a mile. The atmosphere was electric (I'll never forgive the f**king morons at Nine for not televising That's My Team during the entertainment), the game was above par given the conditions, and two words: Scott Sattler.

94 was an excellent grand final too. A simply breathtaking Raiders side putting us to task from Marty Bella right through to fulltime.