What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJShaksta

First Grade
I still can't believe this has happened.
Our club, players, and fans were over the moon two days ago after a great win over the Roosters. Now I'd like to go hide under a rock.

I fear Greg Bird had made the biggest mistake of his life, and will pay a very hefty penalty - and rightfully so.

I read that Ricky Stuart is devastated, well Ricky, so are we mate, so are we.

Genius Freak

Juniors
I know I come across as a prick here. But it's my premiership as much as anyone elses. And that to me is the most important thing.

To say nothing of the fact that Bird currently proclaims his innocence, has not been found guilty, and the club is just reacting to pressure by tossing away the season.

We've just cost ourselves our best season in years.

Quigs

Immortal
Spide this one is outside of the Topic but it is a real pain in the arse.

How come every time some one types in magic words like odds , bet , free , and a few more beauties we get linked to the sportsbet page off LU.

Tis a little bit annoying especially if you are of a tender age and are easily lead like Coastal Shark.

He'd punt on how long a dogs turd is.

What's the go commrade.

Plus everyone knows there is a great sportsbet link on the biff website toooo.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

The Dodger

First Grade
Genius freak,

im not saying that we were a definate chance of winning a premiership, but there are a few people that would absolutely kill themselves if the sharks won a premiership with a certain half in the side.

coolumsharkie

Referee
LOL KY gen, I'll use that one well Qld Sharkie.

here here coolum...
im 36 years old at i marvel at the arrogance of the y genration..in the 80s early 90s when i grew up you had total respect for your elders and paid your dues etc..
most though not all of these merkins have no real talent ...an over inflated opinion of that perceived talent...a desire to be famous by being famous...celebrity..
ALL SHOW NO SUBSTANCE..

Totaly. Like being a DJ is an art form?

I can cook a good stake on the barby but that doesn't make me a butcher.

Special K

Coach
I know I come across as a prick here. But it's my premiership as much as anyone elses. And that to me is the most important thing.

To say nothing of the fact that Bird currently proclaims his innocence, has not been found guilty, and the club is just reacting to pressure by tossing away the season.

We've just cost ourselves our best season in years.
ok lets ignore the terrible thing that has happened and look at it from a "business" or footy stand point. Lets play Birdy and

risk costing ourselves sponsorship - which we really, really need and have had a partnership since 2001 with LG which have gone through enough sh*t already

having bird being the biggest target in the nrl and cost us games

where would he be mentally?

ftr I think he should be stood down for his actions not for these reasons but I'm just highlighting how much more damage could be done to our CLUB. In the end our club is bigger then one individual..

spider

Coach
Spide this one is outside of the Topic but it is a real pain in the arse.

How come every time some one types in magic words like odds , bet , free , and a few more beauties we get linked to the sportsbet page off LU.

Tis a little bit annoying especially if you are of a tender age and are easily lead like Coastal Shark.

He'd punt on how long a dogs turd is.

What's the go commrade.

Plus everyone knows there is a great sportsbet link on the biff website toooo.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

have a read here quigs

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=209194

Genius Freak

Juniors
Genius freak,

im not saying that we were a definate chance of winning a premiership, but there are a few people that would absolutely kill themselves if the sharks won a premiership with a certain half in the side.

Well they obviously don't understand what was on the line here.

Again. He hasn't been found guilty. You could charge him with the Kennedy assassination, the death of Diana and Sept 11, and he should still be able to play until found guilty.

sladden road

Juniors
Genius Freak...
WTF....if anyone is to blame for 'costing' the premie..its the bird himself..
imagine the fire the club would be under ..tsk tsk tsk..
id almost accept him continue playing if it was dui or rec drugs or a even street fight..but violence against a woman is low low low and just what the game..the club and we dont need.

Coolum....playing someone elses music on records...wooohhhhhhh

Jasdragon

Juniors
JAILBIRD.jpg

:lol::lol:

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors

Again. He hasn't been found guilty. You could charge him with the Kennedy assassination, the death of Diana and Sept 11, and he should still be able to play until found guilty.

No he hasnt been found guilty. But in all other circumstances like the false arrest in Brissy & the "cage fighter" only a week ago.... And Gallens brawl outside a nightclub earlier in the year, the club has stood by them and believed them when they said it wasnt their fault/ I didnt start it/ it wasnt me sir. But in this case Zaps, Sticky & the club are not staking their reputation on this, the silence from all parties is the nail in Greg Birds coffin. The sharks team are bigger than Bird.

GF, Just think what we are risking if we won the comp with Bird, we might lose every sponser we had, as we put football first instead of a girl that could lose our eye.

I would take it today before the club suspeneded Bird, that they spoke to the senior players, and got there feedback about having Bird in the team, and you could bet that would prefer to go it alone, did we want to do what Collingwood did 3 weeks aga, and backflip mid week, making you look like you were just trying to win the comp.

We can still win this, if the fans believe it, and i bet Ricky will believe it, and Ricky will have the boys more up now then they have ever been, every bit of press will be anti sharks, he will use all of it to get us home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts