What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Q

Coach
Nice reefy, one of the more "high brow" posts on the thread to date.

I see its all unfolding.

Miller Lite

Juniors
this shows your shallowness Miller, this topic is not one of how your team was robbed in a penalty count, or dropped their bundle under pressure so on so forth, this topic is one of a severe misdemeanor that has an effect on the league community due to the severity of the matter.

I do agree with almost all that has been posted, but defending his "ALLEGED" offense is not on, the damage it has caused not only his family, club, team mates and NRL is bigger than Greg Bird, at the end of the day he has been charged so we should be removing the the word alleged?

This shows your ignorance THECURSEDJET.

millersnose

Post Whore
you need to add why the mate accused bird of trying to get him to take the rap reefy

oh and the police reports

oh and the sister saying the cronulla club should take the rap for the ahem "accident"

and oh why she didnt make a statement to police exonerating bird after all these days

dannyboy

Juniors
you need to add why the mate accused bird of trying to get him to take the rap reefy

oh and the sister saying the cronulla club should take the rap for the ahem "accident"

and oh why she didnt make a statement to police exonerating bird after all these days

Oh please...the read was long winded enough.

I'm awaiting reefy's 'war & peace' version of Noddy's departure......not

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
he didn't.

there is nothing that will convict him of an attack.

she did not say that at all.

because maybe she was advised not to in order to keep control of the situation away from public departments.

maybe you can explain how much money you think she is getting paid by Bird for this, as it is quite obvious that is what you think. Then we can assess if he really has that amount of money compared to a damages claim that she would seek against him if she made a statement saying he attacked her & he was proven guilty.
I would hazard a guess of upwards of 1.5 million to buy her off. What do you reckon the figure is?

The Popper

Bench
I have no doubts Bird would be regretting all this. It's such a damned shame that he is painted as being guilty before the offence is proven. And it's a sign of the self-righteousness in this day and age that any entity with any association with the club want to step away from the club to look squeaky clean. I think the club has been put in a most uncomfortable position and I think the management are handling the situation well given the circumstances. All this aside, I have heard that a number of our team have been vary wary of the girl's prior behaviour.

millersnose

Post Whore
i dont think he will attempt to answer

greg bird is becoming a nelson mandella to some in here

and it is sickening

the club should give him until tomorrow afternoon to explain satisfactoraly why his version of events differs so much from the polices and sack him

the club is making a huge mistake in letting this drag out

millersnose

Post Whore
he didn't.

he did

there is nothing that will convict him of an attack.

well you have a judge and a prosecutor who so far disagree

she did not say that at all.

she did

because maybe she was advised not to in order to keep control of the situation away from public departments.

suuuuure

maybe you can explain how much money you think she is getting paid by Bird for this, as it is quite obvious that is what you think.

no

i dont know what her motives are

battered wife syndrome is one of the many possibilities

I would hazard a guess of upwards of 1.5 million to buy her off. What do you reckon the figure is?

i have no idea if she is even interested in a monetary settlement

its seems to me its just as likely she wants to get back with him

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
All this aside, I have heard that a number of our team have been vary wary of the girl's prior behaviour.

this is going to be the sad thing popper. It is going to turn into a he is better than she circus & that is not really the case here at all.
Despite what you are saying is true & the amount of crazy things she has accomplished in her short stay here, the incident is a very simple one, that has been misrported & lied about from everybody & every department involved.
With the exception of Birds mate.
How do you feel about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts