What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rexxy

Coach
I got glassed once. Im terrified of broken glass now

I was at Petersham after seeing the Bats at Paddo RSL. I was on my way to the loo and the bar useful brushed passed me carrying a tower of schooey glasses.. I tfelt a slight "burn"like being nicked with a lit ciggie. By the time I was washing my hands there was blood everywhere in the hand basin and I thought 'some poor merkin's cut himself - hang on that poor merkin is me"

My mate drove me to the hospital in Camperdown. The Nurse said "what is THAT?" pointing to my bandage. "That" i proudly replied "is the bar mat off the public bar of the Petersham inn Hotel".

Since 73

First Grade
LEAGUE20_GREG_BIRD_MATTED_C.jpg

Bird would be the 'highest profile/worst accusation' NRL player to go down for an off-field indescretion whilst still playing?

Agree?
Disagree?

Carney
Tilse
Latu
Joey
Gasnier (during SOO camp)
Craig Gower (in camp with the Roos and celebrity golf day)
Craig Field (was he still playing first grade?)
?

Obviously Crocker punching on, Freddy drunk outside cop shop, Bird and Bingle, SBW and Candice, Hayne being shot at and others as well - but these are 2nd tier to the others.

Since 73

First Grade
I'd imagine since gavin Orr's litle bedside visit her financial woes are over.
she'l get used to 5 star I'd say.

Since 73

First Grade
It is understood Ms Milligan, a law student, is yet to agree to an interview with police.
Her lawyer, Campbell MacCallum, issued a statement last week saying she wanted to concentrate on recovering from her injuries. Mr MacCallum works for Gold Coast firm Ryan and Bosscher, listed on the website of Bird's manager Gavin Orr as a partner in Orr's company.
Murky waters.

Police had also been keen to speak to Mr Orr about a visit he made to Ms Milligan's bedside on Tuesday.
Oh yeah - I bet they are.

Cronulla coach Ricky Stuart last night told how he visited Bird and Ms Milligan in hospital last Sunday morning.
"I got a phone call from a friend who saw Greg walking into Sutherland Hospital with a girl who had a problem,'' Stuart said.
"I headed straight to the hospital, where I spoke to Greg and a police officer. I realised we had a big problem (but) the major concern was obviously Katie's health.
"I was heading to church for my son Jack's Holy Communion when I got the call. I tried ringing Greg several times on the way, getting no better than a message, until after church, when I got a call back.''
Stay out of it Sticky.
No good can come of visiting her.
Seems too mant peopel are putting preeure on this girl to make sure she does the 'right' thing.

Dave Q

Coach
LEAGUE20_GREG_BIRD_MATTED_C.jpg

Bird would be the 'highest profile/worst accusation' NRL player to go down for an off-field indescretion whilst still playing?

Agree?
Disagree?

Carney
Tilse
Latu
Joey
Gasnier (during SOO camp)
Craig Gower (in camp with the Roos and celebrity golf day)
Craig Field (was he still playing first grade?)
?

Obviously Crocker punching on, Freddy drunk outside cop shop, Bird and Bingle, SBW and Candice, Hayne being shot at and others as well - but these are 2nd tier to the others.

If you are an elite footy player, seems like you can get away with a bit.

Bird is good but not elite. That makes him more expendable. Its a bit of a double standard that Gowie walks free and Joey is still a hero but Bird is public emema number one.

Hes still innocent as far as I am concerned.

Nice frame, wait till Quigs rips into it!

gunnamatta bay

Referee
It is understood Ms Milligan, a law student, is yet to agree to an interview with police.
not quite what you would expect from someone seeking revenge. I would say the sooner you get a statement from a witness or victim the more credible it looks.

carinashark

First Grade
The Katie TV Ch 9 interview. $50,000
The Katie befor and after pics and story in Womans Day, $54,000
The Katie and Greg TV interview with Gus , just prior to the semis, $100,000.
The Katie and Greg dancing with the stars ( or whatever its called) $ $100,000.
Gavin Orr 10% $30,000.
Greg Birds Knights contract $400,000
"Jeez its better than playing"

Dave Q

Coach
The Katie TV Ch 9 interview. $50,000
The Katie befor and after pics and story in Womans Day, $54,000
The Katie and Greg TV interview with Gus , just prior to the semis, $100,000.
The Katie and Greg dancing with the stars ( or whatever its called) $ $100,000.
Gavin Orr 10% $30,000.
Greg Birds Knights contract $400,000
"Jeez its better than playing"

cute.

ollie515

Juniors
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24273155-2,00.html

KATIE Milligan has vowed to stand by her man Greg Bird, despite the Cronulla Sharks star being charged with glassing her in the face.
Breaking her silence for the first time since last Sunday's ordeal, a calm and cheerful Ms Milligan yesterday spoke exclusively to The Daily Telegraph to reveal the pair are "still very much in love".
"I want people to know that Greg and I are still very much together," she said.
"Yes, I still love him."
Returning yesterday to the couple's beachfront Cronulla apartment with a male friend to collect personal belongings and a change of clothing, Ms Milligan said she and Bird planned to reunite "when all this blows over".
Bird has pleaded not guilty to a charge of maliciously inflicting grievous bodily harm and remains under an apprehended violence order that prevents him contacting Ms Milligan.
He is believed to be staying with friends north of Sydney.
"I'm just here to collect the basic necessities," Ms Milligan said. "I'm not staying at the apartment".
The New Yorker has been staying at a Cronulla hotel with her father, who flew in from the US last week to support his daughter.
Having refused to be interviewed by police for more than a week, Ms Milligan denied rumours of a deal with Bird's management not to talk.
"I can definitely say I have not been approached by Greg's team, or his management," she said
"I will be supporting him in his plea. All I can say is, I wasn't very happy with the way police handled the situation." Asked if she would talk to police, Ms Milligan said: "That is yet to be determined".
Saying she had never felt threatened by Bird, Ms Milligan confirmed her father had spoken with her boyfriend and was satisfied with her account of the incident.
Citing legal reasons, Ms Milligan would not detail the events of last Sunday morning when she was rushed to hospital with glassing wounds to her face, saying "the truth of the matter will come out".

Rexxy

Coach
This is a message for my man Birdy.

As it was an accident we don't have to claim on your insurance, so think of the money you've saved. Who knows what you could be able to afford now? Ring any "bells", Birdy? Wouldn't a nice long honeymoon be better than a stint in jail?

Love you Birdy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts