What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird named capt of Jnr Kangaroos

Sharkie73

Bench
This is the Full side'

The Chairman of the Australian Rugby League, Mr Colin Love, has announced that the following players have been named in the 2003 Junior Kangaroos:

Steve Turner
Penrith Panthers

Nick Parfitt
Brisbane Broncos

Ashley Alberts
Brisbane Broncos

Lopini Paea
Sydney Roosters

Ben Creagh
St George Illawarra

Greg Bird
Cronulla Sharks (c)

Steve Goodhew
Nth Queensland Cowboys

Michael Weyman
Canberra Raiders

Matt Ballin
Brisbane Broncos

Ashton Sims
St George Illawarra

Trevor Thurling
Canterbury Bulldogs

Ryan Hoffman
Melbourne Storm

Liam Fulton
Western Suburbs

Sam Thaiday
Brisbane Broncos

Antonio Kaufusi
Brisbane Norths/ Melbourne Storm

Neville Costigan
Brisbane Broncos

Terry Campese
Canberra Raiders

Michael Ennis
Newcastle Knights

Houdini

First Grade
Bird selected for junior kangaroos
Dumas and new signing Pelo selected to play for France.

With up and coming kids showing such potential, hopefully the sharkies will again be a force to contend with in the future!

ali

Bench
This will be quite an experience for the kids. The first match is against an Australian based PNG 13 in Darwin, then a few days later they play a PNG residents side in Port Moresby.

This should be an eye opener for the likes of Bird when they get the rock star status in Port Moresby that all Aussie teams have copped in recent years.

ali said:
This should be an eye opener for the likes of Bird when they get the rock star status in Port Moresby that all Aussie teams have copped in recent years.

Great, more fuel for the ego. :roll:

Booyah

Bench
Here's hoping Birdy doesn't get bitten on the arse by a Police dog like Steve Irwin did last year. :lol:

Special K

Coach
How many years does Birdy have left on his contract? I remember Franze signed a 2 year deal and then resigned for another 2 last year so how much longer does Birdy have left? Is he happy?

I'll be rather pissed off if we wasted our time in blooding him and giving him a chance if he were to piss off to the highest bidder :x

ali

Bench
I thought we signed him on a 2 year deal. Agreed it would be terrible to lose him, especially after going through the pain of blooding him these last 2 years, which hasn't been all smooth sailing. You only have to look at that list of players just to see the potential Bird has. At his young age, he already has about twice as many first grade games as the next most experienced player in that team.
I am still convinced he is going to be really good.

Special K

Coach
I too thought he was a 2 year deal but we didn't hear anything this year and we know he will be at the club next year.

Frenzy, any help?