What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis announces retirement from rugby league

Someguy

First Grade
I hope it’s not so, thought it may be for the best.

Big question is how does this affect Souths cap, will this be the first medical retirement on the grounds of mental health. Not a Souths fan at all but I believe he should be able to leave and Souths not be burdened cap wise if retirement is the best thing for his state of mind

AJB1102

First Grade
I hope it’s not so, thought it may be for the best.

Big question is how does this affect Souths cap, will this be the first medical retirement on the grounds of mental health. Not a Souths fan at all but I believe he should be able to leave and Souths not be burdened cap wise if retirement is the best thing for his state of mind

No way. We've seen enough "incidents" explained away without question because mental illness.

Maybe don't sign physically busted and mentally fragile blokes on massive contracts when they're clearly not up to it.

Springs09

Juniors
Disappointing if true. Despite his struggles and shape he was easily one of the most entertaining players in the game at his best. If he was fit and firing his whole career would probably be a level above smith and thurston. Used to almost single handedly dominate origin and tests.

Would have been good to see him get back to somewhere near that level before he left the game.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
At his best was an absolute beast. One of the best ever imo.

Wouldn't mind him just taking the year off and then re-assessing for 2020. You're a long time retired..