What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grothe out for the season.

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/eels-warned-off-cronk/story-e6frfgbo-1225889584032

CONCERNS are growing for the welfare of Timana Tahu, who is struggling to recover from the racial controversy that plagued Origin II. Parramatta coach Daniel Anderson gave the suspended centre a second week off training, with an Eels insider saying Tahu has spent most of his time off at home alone.

We can also reveal Eric Grothe's knee injury could sideline him for the rest of the season.

The likeable winger met doctors last night to learn whether or not he requires surgery.

The timing is awful for Grothe, who is still on the lookout for a new deal next year.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I applauded Tahu's stance against Johns but it's time to move on T, Parra needs you desperately.

eel01s

Bench
Maybe T will give it away at the end of the season...

That would free up a lot of cash.

Really bad news for Eric if true - let's hope not.

Last edited:

Maroubra Eel

Coach
So will Grothe be back at the eels again or has he already played his last game in the blue and gold?

Suitman

Post Whore
Why the hell has it taken this long to decide whether or not surgery may be required?

Suity

Haynzy

First Grade
I've obviously missed something over the last few weeks..... Are we not offering Grothe a contract for next year definitely or is it still just a rumour?

Parra Guru

Coach
I've obviously missed something over the last few weeks..... Are we not offering Grothe a contract for next year definitely or is it still just a rumour?

I don't believe he's been offered anything which would elad me to believe he is looking at other clubs.

P!ss poor timing for both Eric 's prospects and our season. Looks like we'll be stuck with Inu all year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
that's terrible news if he is ruled out...

I actually hope we do re-sign him but I can't see the current coaching staff wanting him.

stuke

Bench
that's terrible news if he is ruled out...

I actually hope we do re-sign him but I can't see the current coaching staff wanting him.

a big fall from grace for Eric. DA appeared to have gotten the best out of him last season and had him back on track.

is it $ issues or personality?