What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grothe

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Eric had a great game, made plenty of metres and no mistakes. Fitz should go sit in the corner with Coach..........

Swiftstylez

Bench
I love it how last week he made one legit mistake with his hands and the other one was a kind of dubious call and everyone took out the loss on him as a scapegoat. I think you would have to be blind to not notice the meters that he chalked up especially in the first 20 minutes of the game tonight. Even last week he made considerable amount of meters and scored a try.

Tonight Grothe really stood up. You could see the intensity on his face when the camera took a close up of it after a hitup. Hopefully the defensive side of his game stays reasonable like it was tonight and he will be back to a more consistent form, no doubt. Imo he really does work better with Ben Smith back who wouldn't tbh.

One of our best tonight.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
And a good thing too, because it was the kind of tight contest where one serious mistake from a single player could have lost it all.

Good on him. I hope more performances are like this ... or at least mistakes are kept to a minimum. There's no doubt he's a great runner of the ball.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Where is fitz now. Who you gunna bag now mate the ball boy?

Eric 1 Fitz 0

he's probably ironing his skirt...

our forwards love Grothe more than we love him, it goes to show the calaber of player he is.

Hellsy

Immortal
Go U good thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stick it up everyone who doubts your ability and heart.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
and if he dropped one ball, everyone would be up him

he made alot of good metres last night and took alot of the pressure off our forwards

we need him in our team

Hellsy

Immortal
Yeah wouldn't they.

I said last night if it had been Eric that missed that kick off like Hindy did there would be 10 threads to drop him :lol: :lol:

barney gumble

Juniors
He has played well so far. No coincident he is a better player with Ben Smith inside him. Haven't seen him be tested too much in defence yet though.

yy_cheng

Coach
He has played well so far. No coincident he is a better player with Ben Smith inside him. Haven't seen him be tested too much in defence yet though.
Maybe the opposition see the name Ben Smith in the team sheet and focus their attacking gameplan elsewhere.

Talking about game plan, we didn't really run at Sandow at all. And I think he was a bit of a grub. Hand in the face and really pissed some of our players off particularly Hayne and FInch.

Fitz

Juniors
He did drop a bomb and get caught out in defense....made some good runs i suppose...was OK...

BUT HAYNE....pffffff. I can smell his stink from here.

Fee

Juniors
Love the way Eric ran the ball last night and last week, imo our team without Grothe would be a much weaker side. Good on you Grothe for sticking it up the doubters.:D:D

Redback71

First Grade
what I dont get is why the rabbits did not target Grothe at all. They kept targeting Reddy all night. You think after the first 4 or 5 kicks they would have realised that Reddy was never gonna drop the ball.

bartman

Immortal
what I dont get is why the rabbits did not target Grothe at all. They kept targeting Reddy all night. You think after the first 4 or 5 kicks they would have realised that Reddy was never gonna drop the ball.
Exactly. When Burt letthe first bomb go, you'd think they'd stick to targetting him and making him nervous.

Swapping to Reddy - and kicking to him for the rest of the match - was the worst tactics they could have tried. They mustn't have done their research on Reddy and realised that he is in fact a fullback, and safe as houses.

They should have even tried targetting Eric's weakness from last season - the grubber behind and the slow turnaround.

But Eric had a good game, no mistakes and great yardage, and his confidence will now be even higher. Thanks Bunnies!