What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grubs n B Moz

saintjeff

Juniors
Very happy their out ,Cant stand em
And Morris is a light of other days
Cant say i feel sorry for him

SaintPauli

Juniors
Dogs big team style doesn't suit top Nrl teams of Cows Canberra penrith cronulla Brisbane. Bye bye dogs. Worst team in the 8

Gareth67

First Grade
Makes you wonder about Des , does it not ? The Bulldogs hierarchy gave him plenty of money to buy whoever he wanted , and in most cases he did just that .
Yet still he could not put the runs on the board , in the matches that really mattered .

I just hope for our sakes that they don't start eyeing of our Mary , as we certainly would not be able to match their offer !!

Last edited:

Red V for life

Juniors
I had to rub my eyes when Kasiano got subbed after 11 MINUTES. Then I had a good belly chuckle thinking what a stupid use of the bench it was. Des wouldn't have sought Mary's learned input into bench use, would he?

Anyway, enjoyed seeing them being run ragged and flogged at the end of the day. Their forwards were too big and not mobile enough for the Panthers style of play and their halves can't create.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Makes you wonder about Des , does it not ? The Bulldogs hierarchy gave him plenty of money to buy whoever he wanted , and and most cases he did just that .
Yet still he could not put the runs on the board , in the matches that really mattered .

I just hope for our sakes that they don't start eyeing of our Mary , as we certainly would not be able to match their offer !!

Gold

grouch

First Grade
Not sure what this thread is about. Is the opening post even in English?

Good to see the Dogs out, however. I thought Penrith yesterday really brought some joy back to the NRL with their attacking play, after the refereeing fiasco of Friday and some tense, dour games on saturday. Rugby league can be a beautiful game when it is played by footballers with skill.. Cleary, Cartwright, Moylan, Peachey and Mansour and yep Merrin are a delight to see in action.

Brett Morris was a bit impressive as well, playing on for so long with an obviously injured knee. Tough.

since77

Juniors
I thought Penrith yesterday really brought some joy back to the NRL with their attacking play, after the refereeing fiasco of Friday and some tense, dour games on saturday. Rugby league can be a beautiful game when it is played by footballers with skill.. Cleary, Cartwright, Moylan, Peachey and Mansour and yep Merrin are a delight to see in action.

Brett Morris was a bit impressive as well, playing on for so long with an obviously injured knee. Tough.

I watched Penrith yesterday with admiration. Sadly, I can only dream the Dragons might attack like that. Penrith are everything a young team run by a shrewd and businesslike organisation should be. The style Penrith & Canberra play is the one that will bring fans back to league.

On Bmoz - whether through luck, design or incompetence (take your pick depending on your opinion on what happened when he left), I think we let him go at a point when, seen in hinsdsight, he was past his best. Hasn't put in a full season yet for the Dogs, and there's a young crop of wingers who have either caught up to him or have passed him by. Based on his last few years and his rumoured salary, the Dog's paid alot for the small return he's given them. One thing though, still doesn't look right seeing him in a Dog's jersey.

Sigurd

Juniors
The

They looked like grubs in that scum jersey, glad to see them lose
That's exactly what they are. Well not so much Josh. Bennett didn't want him but the other guy is a turncoat dog whose name should be cursed by Dragons supporters.

giboz71

First Grade
Not sure what this thread is about. Is the opening post even in English?

Good to see the Dogs out, however. I thought Penrith yesterday really brought some joy back to the NRL with their attacking play, after the refereeing fiasco of Friday and some tense, dour games on saturday. Rugby league can be a beautiful game when it is played by footballers with skill.. Cleary, Cartwright, Moylan, Peachey and Mansour and yep Merrin are a delight to see in action.

None of the Panthers tries were off structured set plays. They didn't even try to get repeat sets by kicking it into the in-goal, ran it on the last each time. They just wanted the game to keep going without breaks. Brilliant tactics to tire out the Dogs big forwards.

It was the classic game of their playmakers playing what was in front of them. Just play footy and go hard. With players of their skill, they can do that, rather than running robotic set plays that we see week after week.

And how good was Moylan playing that first receiver role, just bobbing up where he saw fit. Led from the front like a good captain.

Was brilliant to watch as you said.

saintjeff

Juniors
Grouch
Grubs are dogs ,!it wouldnt be the titans would it
Next time no need to say anything if you dont like the post bloody read something else
Everyone else knows what its sbout execept you

The Doc

Juniors
The panthers and raiders style of play is good to watch.
I only watch dragons and bulldogs games, bulldogs games only to see them lose.
The last few years i havnt watched finals footy, not interested if saints arent playing.
But now i dont mind watching the raiders and panthers play.
Exciting attacking footy by both these teams.
They are changing the game, the last few years has been about the big barging forwards, they have changed it to more athetic forwards.
Makes it interesting to watch.

saints4ever

First Grade
Be good for the inevitable trend of every other team following success.
Time for boring block plays out the window.
Free flowing attacking football, not this 1 percentage bullshit.

giboz71

First Grade
Be good for the inevitable trend of every other team following success.
Time for boring block plays out the window.
Free flowing attacking football, not this 1 percentage bullshit.

Yes and no.

Yep the Panthers and Raiders are great to watch. Love watching players with loads of skills playing what's in front of them rather than boring set plays.

But at the same time, a team that executes to perfection is a joy to watch as well. Watching the Cowboys run their set plays with JT, Coote and Morgan can be just as pleasurable to watch.

End of the day, whether teams play off the cuff or play structured, players with the requisite skills will be successful. The top 6 teams remaining have these players.

Teams like Dogs have proven they don't. We haven't for about 5 years now.

Old Timer

Coach
The panthers and raiders style of play is good to watch.
I only watch dragons and bulldogs games, bulldogs games only to see them lose.
The last few years i havnt watched finals footy, not interested if saints arent playing.
But now i dont mind watching the raiders and panthers play.
Exciting attacking footy by both these teams.
They are changing the game, the last few years has been about the big barging forwards, they have changed it to more athetic forwards.
Makes it interesting to watch.
Betcha Tingha would love to play with them he would have a field day.
We used to have that mojo but we cashed it in for "D" which is the first letter in Dope, Dolt, Dumb, Disfunctional, Dull, Dour, Dreadful, Disgusting, Diabolical I believe.