What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grumpy Gordie goes grrrrr...

et

Juniors
I never thought I'd see Tallis go soft. Nice excuse: "I couldn't hit him because I'd give away a penalty." When has that ever stopped him before? He must remember what happened the last time someone punched Beattie.

Iafeta

Referee
There's a culture of ill discipline there that Stuart Raper has his hands cut out to change. Phil Bailey just seems to have no idea of the rules of rugby league, either that or a blatant disregard for them, Stevens is a bit temperamental and precious, Nutley deserved 10 in the bin last night if the NRL are serious on clamping down on player dissent and Beattie is a bit of a cat. If they got that trait out of them they'd be a top 4 contendor.

lodown

Juniors
blaine train said:
how can someone that dumb be a captain?

Tallis you are a neanderthal

mate, your a dickhead. how many times have you captained your state or country? have you ever even met the man? hes a great bloke and always gives up his time for everyone. think before you write

Truth hurts doesn't it :lol:

Yes i have met him, ran straight past me in the city, when apparantly he couldn't play because of a foot/ankle injury. Funny cause he seemed to be running fine that day.

Kiwi

First Grade
lodown said:
blaine train said:
how can someone that dumb be a captain?

mate, your a dickhead. how many times have you captained your state or country? have you ever even met the man? hes a great bloke and always gives up his time for everyone. think before you write

Truth hurts doesn't it :lol:

Yes i have met him, ran straight past me in the city, when apparantly he couldn't play because of a foot/ankle injury. Funny cause he seemed to be running fine that day.

He may have been able to go for a run, but thats alot different to running on the field now isn't it? You don't have someone trying to twist you in tackles when out for a jog.

On Tallis, at least he asked, and why not when your not sure? How the hell do you know that at the last golden point coin toss he was involved in it wasn't done differently? How do you know last time the winner elected to kick off and the loser which direction? You don't.

Enjoy the early off season, might aswell make plans for the same again in 2005.

Anonymous

Juniors
He didn't know if he chose to take the kick off he could choose where he could run it. It's a bit hard when he dosn't even like the ruling to begin with.

Sharks are thugs plain and simple, I found the Broncos got the raw end with most of the ref calls.

But in the end you try so hard you come so hard in the end it dosn't even matter because it was the Broncos 16 defeating the Sharks 12.

Hope you have fun outside the 8. :D

salivor

First Grade
lodown said:
Tallis = crybaby

Bahahaahaha at Tallis trying to work out what the ref meant by which way do you want to run, how can someone that dumb be a captain?

Thats a bit rich coming from a Manly fan. I guess we can't all be blessed with a wonderful captain like Michael "tourettes" Monaghan.

Kaz

junior
lodown said:
Yes i have met him, ran straight past me in the city.

When I say I have met certain players, I mean I have spoken to them.

Not that I have met a player who ran past me. :lol:

lodown

Juniors
Kaz said:
lodown said:
Yes i have met him, ran straight past me in the city.

When I say I have met certain players, I mean I have spoken to them.

Not that I have met a player who ran past me. :lol:

Guess i haven't met him then :lol:

innsaneink

Referee
Tallis should retire: Beattie

1 August 2004

Cronulla prop Chris Beattie has returned fire at Gorden Tallis, claiming his former Queensland teammate was getting too old and should consider retiring to become a referee.

A stunned Beattie picked up Sunday's newspapers to find he had been branded a "grub" and a "cheap-shot merchant" by Tallis after the pair clashed heatedly during the second half of the Broncos' golden point win over the Sharks at Toyota Park on Saturday night.

Tallis declined to elaborate on his comments but after the game alleged he was head-butted by Beattie, an accusation the Sharks enforcer denied.

"I have played with him and against him before and never had a problem," Beattie said.

"All of a sudden he's got a problem. I go out there and play the game hard. Someone can have a problem with me on the field - big deal.

"I just find it extraordinary that he can go out and slam me like that.

"Someone that doesn't know me picks up the paper and - Gorden Tallis has a high standing in the game - they think Chris Beattie must be a grub.

"That's ridiculous. I would never do that to somebody. It was a thrilling game. The paper should have talked about that."

Beattie, who was part of the Queensland State of Origin side with Tallis in 2001 and 2002, went on report with teammate Jason Stevens for a lifting tackle on Brisbane's Brent Tate during the match.

But he wasn't penalised by referee Jason Robinson over the alleged headbutt, which prompted Tallis at the time to bark at Beattie: "If you headbutt me again I'm going to bash you."

Tallis claimed the Sharks had engaged in "niggling tactics" late in the game in an attempt to bait the Broncos.

"It's disappointing because nobody likes to see that," Tallis said.

"I'm just happy that our players didn't react because the second nature is to protect yourself."

Beattie said if Tallis had a problem, he should have taken it up with him after the game.

"I was trying to play the ball, he was trying to stop me from playing the ball quickly," Beattie said.

"If I am trying to play the ball quickly and he's trying to stop me of course there's going to be a bit of confrontation.

"We're both out there competing in a game. We're not out there ballroom dancing.

"I think Gorden is getting old and he can't do it physically (any more) so he's shooting his mouth off.

"His physical features aren't getting him in the paper so he's shooting his mouth off.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"If he's so old and cranky why doesn't he retire from rugby league and become a referee."
:shock: :lol:

However, Beattie did extend an olive branch to his former Queensland captain.

"If Gorden had a massive problem with something I did on the field he should have taken care of it on the field," he said.

"If he still had a problem he should have come and seen me in the sheds and we could have sorted it out. He can give me a phone call and I'd have no problem talking to him about it."
:evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knightmare

Coach
Who's Tallis to say someone took a cheap shot? I seem to remember a certain Queensland second-rwoer scoring a try in the 2000 Origin series and giving Adam Macdougall an unprovoked backhander... :twisted:

Kaz

junior
Knightmare said:
Who's Tallis to say someone took a cheap shot? I seem to remember a certain Queensland second-rwoer scoring a try in the 2000 Origin series and giving Adam Macdougall an unprovoked backhander... :twisted:

Tallis has a long memory. He remembers 1998 really well.

Gordie said it was his try celebration. :lol: :lol: :lol:

salivor

First Grade
The sad thing is that even a Gordon Tallis in probably the last year of his career, with back problems is 10 times the player that Beattie is and still good enough to step into a maroon jersey tomorrow while Beattie will probably never play another rep match.

Maybe Beattie should retire beacuse his career is going nowhere fast and he's with a club who's trophy cabinet will only ever contain dust. The bloke should be thrilled that Tallis highlighted the fact that he's a grub because it's the only thing he'll ever be recognised for.

RICHO

Juniors
:roll:
Good old Bronco fans.
Trot out the "no premierships" line again, go on, you know you want to.
That has BUGGER ALL to do with the issue at hand.

Iafeta, go and call Chris Beattie a cat. Go on.
Everyone is saying he's a thug, and then you call him a cat?
WHAT DOING PEOPLE???

I had to laugh when David Peachey tried and explain to the Tallis the dumbass that he was going to receive the football from the kickoff, but he still had to choose a direction. Tallis had nothing.

salivor

First Grade
It has plenty to do with the subject at hand. Beattie wanted to take a few pot shots at Tallis needing to retire. Well I'm sorry but theres a lot more hope left in Tallis' nearly finished career at Brisbane than there is in the thought of being stuck at the cursed sharks and watching your hopes of premierships and Qld representation go down the gurgler.

RICHO

Juniors
Still got nothing to do with you guys having a go at Cronulla as a club.

Aim it at Chris Beattie, not at the Sharks.

salivor

First Grade
RICHO said:
I had to laugh when David Peachey tried and explain to the Tallis the dumbass that he was going to receive the football from the kickoff, but he still had to choose a direction. Tallis had nothing.

Have you ever watched the footage of the toss that fox provides for most games? Just about every week theres a captain from various clubs that is confused by the way it's handled. If thats all you have on Tallis then sadly it's you who has nothing.

salivor

First Grade
RICHO said:
Still got nothing to do with you guys having a go at Cronulla as a club.

Aim it at Chris Beattie, not at the Sharks.

I did aim it at Chris Beattie, unless I'm mistaken he's the bloke who's stuck at a club that doesn't look like winning a premiership anytime soon and is no longer in Qld selectors minds. He might want to look at his own dim situation before dishing out pot shots at one of the best forwards of the modern era.

RICHO

Juniors
salivor said:
RICHO said:

Have you ever watched the footage of the toss that fox provides for most games? Just about every week theres a captain from various clubs that is confused by the way it's handled. If thats all you have on Tallis then sadly it's you who has nothing.

Yeah, but most of them get the ideathey they will receive from the kick-off after being told twice. It took Tallis 5 or 6 times to work it out.

lodown

Juniors
So let me get this straight people.

It is alright for Tallis to come out and bag the crap out of Beattie in the paper. However, Beattie is not aloud to come out and say anything about Tallis at all? :roll:

salivor

First Grade
lodown said:
So let me get this straight people.

It is alright for Tallis to come out and bag the crap out of Beattie in the paper. However, Beattie is not aloud to come out and say anything about Tallis at all? :roll:

Beattie was well within his rights to reply but when he wants to take cheap shots I'm happy to point out his flaws and the fact that his career is going nowhere fast.

Latest posts