What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gus gone

On Nine now.
Declined Bulldogs as bubble was opening up in magic round, went over a couple of times.
Bubble closed, harder to do.
Talk of it going on for a while.
Apparently Dogs said on this approach (to be general manager) said no issue with him working with Warriors on development/pathway issue (doubt this happens, lip service, would be a major conflict of interest).
Apparently everything in place, needs for NRL to invest in grass roots over there.

Covid f**ked us again.

Any blow up in NZ about the slow vaccine roll-out in NZ like in Aussie?

Manager called him last night about it, spoke to Warriors first before signing it.
No details how long he signed on for.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
David Seymour making some noise about the rollout, but the Teflon govt barely get touched by the media over here, great reward for throwing mountains of cash their way
The tide definitely turning in the general public though if you have a look at what happened throughout the country today

WellsNZ

Juniors
Pretty disappointed. Bloke has f**king raved on for years about how NZ should be a League powerhouse and how it would be great for the game, comes to walk the talk and then bails real quick.

Obviously the world has been tipped on its head, and I'm sure the Dogs giving him a nice salary and he doesn't need to be crossing the ditch. Still, he came to do a job and didn't do it.

Extra disappointing because I genuinely believed he could take the game to really good places here.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
David Seymour making some noise about the rollout, but the Teflon govt barely get touched by the media over here, great reward for throwing mountains of cash their way
The tide definitely turning in the general public though if you have a look at what happened throughout the country today
I think the NZ govt have benefitted by at least not blowing their rollout promises, they’re still on target with their original plan. But I think it’s justifiable if people light a bit of fire u der their butts to get a wriggle on with it.

JJ

Immortal
Hard to blowout targets that are meaningless…. Front of the queue, year of the vaccine, year if delivery,don’t politicise COVID, the COVID election, nunclear free moment, FMD

JJ

Immortal
Aside from that rant, I’m incredibly disappointed Gus is leaving, really worried now…

Benek

Juniors
He must have been a big influence in our ability to sign some top talent recently and now that’s over when it was just getting started. Bummed we didn’t get much out of him.

taste2taste

Juniors
Gus was interviewed in Australia on CH 9 and seemed genuinely gutted he couldn't finish the job, he even teared up a bit.
It was promising that he said the frame work was now in place in NZ ( in regards to pathways and keeping the top talent ) if its true and the bulldogs allow him to continue helping NZ with path ways things should head in the right direction.
Gus said huge things would be happening with the growth and future success of the Warriors, fingers crossed that was genuine and not lip survive.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Hard to blowout targets that are meaningless…. Front of the queue, year of the vaccine, year if delivery,don’t politicise COVID, the COVID election, nunclear free moment, FMD
No I mean the actual delivery targets - they said they’d have everyone done by the end of the year and provided modelling as to who would vaccinated when and from what I’ve seen they’ve been hitting those targets (according to the data on the NZ health website). Compare that to Aus where the targets got revised backwards then dropped altogether.
forget the buzzword shit, we got that too and it’s meaningless

Scott

Bench
I have big concerns if this club is going to even exist in the near future. Mark Robinson's money and the support financially of the NRL won't last forever. If we can't get back to playing at home next year then it could be the end.

As for the Vaccine rollout & NZ Govt in general. It's been nothing short of disgusting. My wife is a Type1 diabetic. Still haven't had any communication whatsoever. The best thing that could happen to us is the bombing of the Beehive with the full Labour caucus inside!

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
No I mean the actual delivery targets - they said they’d have everyone done by the end of the year and provided modelling as to who would vaccinated when and from what I’ve seen they’ve been hitting those targets (according to the data on the NZ health website). Compare that to Aus where the targets got revised backwards then dropped altogether.
forget the buzzword shit, we got that too and it’s meaningless
The targets are the same buzzword shit, the graphs etc have been shown to be meaningless pr exercises it’s a cluster f**k… my advice is try clinics in the afternoon chances are you’ll get vaccinated

but on topic Scott’s got a point, is what’s going on sustainable for the club… imo of all the management Gus was the one to keep….

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The targets are the same buzzword shit, the graphs etc have been shown to be meaningless pr exercises it’s a cluster f**k… my advice is try clinics in the afternoon chances are you’ll get vaccinated

but on topic Scott’s got a point, is what’s going on sustainable for the club… imo of all the management Gus was the one to keep….
I’m not sayin NZ is kickin it out of the park, they should be going a lot faster than they are too. But you only need to look across the ditch to see that things could be going a lot worse. We’re pretty much back into level four lockdown and our vaccine rollout is compete chaos with the rules seemingly changing every week. Id be pretty stoked to be in NZ right now.

JJ

Immortal
Gus was interviewed in Australia on CH 9 and seemed genuinely gutted he couldn't finish the job, he even teared up a bit.
It was promising that he said the frame work was now in place in NZ ( in regards to pathways and keeping the top talent ) if its true and the bulldogs allow him to continue helping NZ with path ways things should head in the right direction.
Gus said huge things would be happening with the growth and future success of the Warriors, fingers crossed that was genuine and not lip survive.
Think he’s genuine, such a shame… he was key to big things happening imo

JJ

Immortal
I’m not sayin NZ is kickin it out of the park, they should be going a lot faster than they are too. But you only need to look across the ditch to see that things could be going a lot worse. We’re pretty much back into level four lockdown and our vaccine rollout is compete chaos with the rules seemingly changing every week. Id be pretty stoked to be in NZ right now.
You’ve been unlucky it got out, our MIQ is similar and we’ve been lucky… we’d be in lockdown quickly too… from what I’ve seen lockdown there is less locked down than ours was

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
You’ve been unlucky it got out, our MIQ is similar and we’ve been lucky… we’d be in lockdown quickly too… from what I’ve seen lockdown there is less locked down than ours was
That’s not a good thing. NZ had the right idea about lockdown, go hard straight away and get it under control. We’ve had the lockckdown gradually ramped up bit by bit for the last threee weeks while the outbreak kept getting worse, now we’re nearing level 4 restrictions and there’s no prospect of an end to it any time soon. If theyd just gone hard three weeks ago we might have avoided the mess.
this wasn’t an MIQ breach either (at least not from inside hotel quarantine). The outbreak started because an unvaccinated limo driver was driving aircrews around.

JJ

Immortal
That’s not a good thing. NZ had the right idea about lockdown, go hard straight away and get it under control. We’ve had the lockckdown gradually ramped up bit by bit for the last threee weeks while the outbreak kept getting worse, now we’re nearing level 4 restrictions and there’s no prospect of an end to it any time soon. If theyd just gone hard three weeks ago we might have avoided the mess.
this wasn’t an MIQ breach either (at least not from inside hotel quarantine). The outbreak started because an unvaccinated limo driver was driving aircrews around.
Yeah that’s what I meant, Level 4 here was brutal but did the trick, Level 3 in Auckland harsh too… the Govt did that right but had to be strong armed into it…. There are multiple similar issues with our MIQ but smaller numbers and luck have been important. Auckland is always at risk though, and our vaccinations are as slow or slower than yours…

but yeah, shouldn’t complain, both countries have used their isolation to do well, hope all you people in Straya are coping ok atm

Latest posts