What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gus Goulds take on things

coach

Watch the Roast on C.9 today and Gould was asked what he thought was wrong with Souths.

His response "I don't know what it is but there is something wrong at Souths".

Just think C.9 pays him a lot of money to come up with that. Come next Sunday he may know a little more. Especially as we play the Storm on Saturday night.

glory glory

Juniors
Coach I understand your frustration but I think Gould was trying to say there is an underlying problem at the club which is affecting the obvious poor play coming from souths at the moment.
He wasn't saying the obvious things like their attack has got nothing, kicking game is rubbish and the defence is poor but was saying there is a problem at the club reflected in their attitude.
You can see at the moment there is no talk and no spirit in the players, that was there at the start of the season.
Taylor says "we are in a bit of a hole at the moment but then again other teams have lost this weekend" He appears clueless at this stage and is obviously not aware of the problem or is ignoring the problem, which may be because the problem is him.

boo_boo

Juniors
I agree Glory Glory.
On paper we have a very competitive team so why aren't we performing better on the field.

murraymob

Coach
could it be that there are to many coaches and assistants calling the shots. Souths have a coach for everything that moves

Rabbit toes

First Grade
could it be that there are to many coaches and assistants calling the shots. Souths have a coach for everything that moves

Interesting point, too many chiefs.... I've seen this before in teams, where they just start to fall apart, usually there is a rift between players and coach/staff, it all goes pear shaped and rarely comes good again (Cowboys V Murray)

I think someones ego may be damaged and as a result a small wedge has been driven, which ultimately results in a yawning gap. The players rarely do talk to each other, confidence in each other must also be shot too. Get Lang in and let him "caretake" for a while and see if it starts to come good.:pray:

murraymob

Coach
penrith are a case for this last year matt adamson was a major problem with the players he goes there is clearly a difference in player attitude .Penrith start winning

glory glory

Juniors
I think JT has lost the respect of the players.
They are not playing for him

Sugar maybe you are guessing or maybe you are close to club and know that is right. Everyone recognises that for the past month there is something not right at souths and Gould was just stating what anyone not involved with the team would say and that is that he doesn't know what is wrong.
If Taylor is the problem then sack him.
Whatever the problem is we all hope it gets fixed soon so the players start playing for each other again otherwise this season is down the drain.

Cloud9

You would think with new players, Jt could turn it around. But it hasn't happened.
Questions have to be asked.

Hanscholo

Bench
Its called losing the dressing room I believe. You cant have a coach that the players dont believe in, and they dont seem to believe in Taylor for whatever reason.