What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gutho or Parra

Who's right

• Gutho

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Parra

Votes: 32 72.7%

• Total voters

SBD82

Coach
Whether he signs or not, Parra fans should be grateful that their management is trying to get the best deal for the club. They’ve got a history of paying overs for players and not getting value (they’re not on their own, but they are guilty of it).

Bazal

Post Whore
It makes me sick to say it but Parra are in the right here and his behaviour is making me a bit wary of Manly signing him.

It is absolutely fine to chase cash brcause these guys have a limited shelf life but the media appearances and constant Chinese whispers swirling around are concerning

I think Des could reign him in but this is some massive ego tripping ATM and I worry about that kind of stuff on team harmony if it continues.

I think the mistake he's made is letting Ayoub off the leash and not paying enough attention to what he was actually doing/not caring enough about what he was actually doing.

I think his interview last night on League Life showed that he wasn't really happy with where it had gone...

BTW, just on his re-signing...reputable posters on the Parra forum have basically said that the contract was actually already signed yesterday. The interview at training and the League Life thing were orchestrated by the club to try and get a bit of goodwill back with the fans (whether that worked or not is debatable). Then we go away to NQ, come back and announce the signing leading into the next Bankwest game.

Ayoub allegedly leaked the re-signing after being unhappy with those interviews (and I suppose not getting his way?) as a f**k you to Parra. Which is also a massive f**k you to his client IMO and indicative of the level of germ the man must be...

Bazal

Post Whore
I have to admit I am enjoying the delicious irony involving Parra fans here. Last year Mitchell Moses had an offer of $900K on the table for nine months and he and his agent strung the Tigers along for that entire time, negotiating through the media, Cleary did the right thing and pulled the offer to prioritise keeping Teddy

Hey?

Most Eels fans were with the club, so not sure where the idea of irony comes from. In fact most would have been happy for Gutho to walk to the (phantom) 800k offer from Manly. He's good, he's not that good.

Also Moses was in the second year of a contract with Parra last year...

Tiger5150

Bench
Hey?

Most Eels fans were with the club, so not sure where the idea of irony comes from. In fact most would have been happy for Gutho to walk to the (phantom) 800k offer from Manly. He's good, he's not that good.

Also Moses was in the second year of a contract with Parra last year...

I actually didnt mean to post most of that. I went to write that post the other day and halfway through CBF. Seems that it keeps a draft ready to go. I only meant to post the second part.

But FWIW, the irony part was about a lot of Parra fans saying about Moses that the mean Tigers pulled the offer on poor Moses and he just wanted to be loved. Truth was his scumbag manager played it out in the media for 9 months before singing with Parra and then Tigers pulled it.

but like I said, CBF posting it the first time and wish I hadnt the second time.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Gutherson is another spastic talked up by the geniuss on 9 and turned into a cult hero because they have improved from utter shit to bog average. See Holland, K, Cleary, N, Aitken, E and Aubusson, M

Bazal

Post Whore
I actually didnt mean to post most of that. I went to write that post the other day and halfway through CBF. Seems that it keeps a draft ready to go. I only meant to post the second part.

But FWIW, the irony part was about a lot of Parra fans saying about Moses that the mean Tigers pulled the offer on poor Moses and he just wanted to be loved. Truth was his scumbag manager played it out in the media for 9 months before singing with Parra and then Tigers pulled it.

but like I said, CBF posting it the first time and wish I hadnt the second time.

Lol yeah that's stung me before too. Random half finishes messages...

TBH I think you'll find most Eels fans understood the Tigers pulling the offer. Some are always going to be idiots (and we have more than most teams, let me tell you) and quite a few just liked needling the Tigers fans who trolled the Parra forum to be fair.

nöyd

Staff member

nrl.com said:
A commitment from the Parramatta Eels to upgrade Clint Gutherson’s 2019 contract was the sweetener that helped seal the skipper’s three-year extension overnight.

NRL.com understands the Eels have decided to bump up Gutherson’s current deal, using the money they haven’t spent in this year’s salary cap to reward Gutherson for his strong start to the year.

smh last week against melbourne he made darius boyd look like clive churchill ffs

Bazal

Post Whore
smh last week against melbourne he made darius boyd look like clive churchill ffs

Yeah but apart from Moses and Lane, maybe Sivo, the rest of his teammates made Billy Rogers look like a superstar

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well that's that drama over. Time for Kent and the media cronies to move on to bigging up the next none story.