What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gutless Cowards

stryker

First Grade
I think threads like this are melodramatic BS. We lost. It' s a game of footy. It's not like my nuts are on the line. I reckon every player did their best. I just reckon the difference between the top and the bottom teams is huge.
Wake up you f**kwit.
You can’t tell us we’re all wrong now.

He should have ripped and teared in that presser,
But he has done that before and it hasn’t worked. Coach is stuck between a rock and a hard place; he has done the blow-ups and he has done the measured ‘we are not where we want to be, but improving’ process presser.

The reality is that nothing seems to be working, and when that happens it is usually the coach that goes. Whether that is right or wrong is open for debate, but I do personally feel that Madge isn’t really built for a re-build, he is more ‘steel the troops for that one last run over no-mans-land’.

He should have ripped and teared in that presser,
I agree wholeheartedly. Break their resolve with a public lashing.

Or the kevvie approach where everyone at the broncos is walking away for a week. A mid season holiday to recharge etc

Hopefully some of the players will get lost on their way back.

But as mentioned, the result will slip into memory. Its done and dusted and the only rational approach is to try to milk something for the good out of it. Whatever that may be.
You tell me, I have zero idea what to do with them to help them play consistently.

Here I go this morning into Sydney co vid work world. Break out the co vid gear as @Das Hassler would recommend. Yes I agree.

Only two cases near work ffs.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
But he has done that before and it hasn’t worked. Coach is stuck between a rock and a hard place; he has done the blow-ups and he has done the measured ‘we are not where we want to be, but improving’ process presser.

The reality is that nothing seems to be working, and when that happens it is usually the coach that goes. Whether that is right or wrong is open for debate, but I do personally feel that Madge isn’t really built for a re-build, he is more ‘steel the troops for that one last run over no-mans-land’.
I agree. He hasn’t done a good job at all.
The players did not play for themselves, the club, each other or him on Saturday night.
Time to think outside the box and bring in the Walker Brothers.

stryker

First Grade
But as mentioned, the result will slip into memory. Its done and dusted and the only rational approach is to try to milk something for the good out of it. Whatever that may be.
Problem is, we still have to face full strength Souths and Penrith sides who are both capable of producing that same result.
I wish that happened at Leichhardt so that the players would have felt the complete wrath of the fan base.

Tiger05

First Grade
Wake up you f**kwit.
You can’t tell us we’re all wrong now.

They put in. If you seriously think they went out there and deliberately threw the game you are delusional. We were simply taught a lesson.

Have you ever done any competitive sport ? If so have you ever been completely out classed. It happens. You try your best but just get smashed.

I am unable to accept they put in anywhere what they should have.

I counted in one stanza, 7 missed tackle attempts on a single player who scored. Ffs.

I accept that they didn’t lie down completely, but there needs to be accountability of some kind.

Normally, I would question Madge, but it was evident he had no hand in this complete and utter farce.

Media people are going to beat us up this week, they will question the club and Madge etc. They will be looking for bad things.

But I’ll stay solid, we all will. That’s who we are.

They put in. If you seriously think they went out there and deliberately threw the game you are delusional. We were simply taught a lesson.

Have you ever done any competitive sport ? If so have you ever been completely out classed. It happens. You try your best but just get smashed.

Where did he say they threw the game? He said they were useless, not on the take.

stryker

First Grade

Of course I have but that is not what happened here.

I actually thought Melbourne weren’t awesome. Their tries came from simple missed tackles and players failing to stay alive with the ball on the deck. When Melbourne are in form with great attacking shapes and their backline flowing the tries are scored outwide - usually by the wingers. JAC never looked like scoring on Saturday because they were scoring tries without even putting plays on.

Our blokes did not try. No one was desperate. Very few if any of them cared.

Now the club inner sanctum fall out.

All the stakeholders form a circle, have serious expressions on their faces and shake their heads . Mutterings and “ oh dears”

Club emergency “heads will roll” crisis meeting sorted.

Press release about how constructive it was and the tremendous changes sweeping through the club.

We are paralysed managerially.

Tigerm

First Grade
Now the club inner sanctum fall out.

All the stakeholders form a circle, have serious expressions on their faces and shake their heads . Mutterings and “ oh dears”

Club emergency “heads will roll” crisis meeting sorted.

Press release about how constructive it was and the tremendous changes sweeping through the club.

We are paralysed managerially.
Have I missed something?

Have I missed something?
No, just a gentle dig by me at public relations.

I’ve been watching the club website, there really hasn’t been enough regret for my liking.

When we win, the news is transmitted to the planet Venus and some slug thing in a greenish marsh chugs down another violet lite beer in celebration.

But when we lose, all goes quiet.

Same for all clubs I think.

Maybe the nrl can introduce a forfeit rule and save on the risk of injuries.

As I said before, Madge walks through this, head held high. I mean that too.

Tigerm

First Grade

I’ve been watching the club website, there really hasn’t been enough regret for my liking.

When we win, the news is transmitted to the planet Venus and some slug thing in a greenish marsh chugs down another violet lite beer in celebration.

Maybe the less said the better atm?

Maybe the less said the better atm?
That’s a good point.

Like a lot of these rugby league events, lots of yelling, venting and threatening to punch on with the whole world....until there is a the inevitable calming down.

I’m guilty too, but I don’t let it disturb the hope.

I really liked @Mr Spock! s point about recruiting Richo. I don’t dislike Pascoe but he’s struggling.

Wizardman

First Grade
Of course I have but that is not what happened here.

I actually thought Melbourne weren’t awesome. Their tries came from simple missed tackles and players failing to stay alive with the ball on the deck. When Melbourne are in form with great attacking shapes and their backline flowing the tries are scored outwide - usually by the wingers. JAC never looked like scoring on Saturday because they were scoring tries without even putting plays on.

Our blokes did not try. No one was desperate. Very few if any of them cared.
I could not agree more with this post. In some of our losses this year, the side has put in. Saturday was not one of those nights. The way our defensive line worked that first half, me and my mate said very early they were going to go for 50. If that was "putting in", I'd hate to see them when they clock off. I take Tiger 05's point about players not putting in is inaccurate on a lot of occasions. But' that certainly was a day where players did not give 100%. Even Bellamy was not sure what to make of the game in the presser. I suspect Bellamy was being respectful to the Tigers as he knew his side was good but not great. Melbourne were far better in a lot of other games this year.

gordsy

Juniors
One thing lots of people forget is this, shit people will more likely pull you down then you will pull them up.
That's why when the tigers sign people they turn to mud rather than succeed but when they leave they kick on.
That's why when people say sign Latrell, Joe, Ken M, people who have a bit of lazy in them I think it will never work. Now if we signed a Cam Smith or a Billy Slater it could work but why would those people come ot us. It's the same reason Tamou won't kick arse for us. He will soon get tired of doing it all on his own.

For as much as this is a team sport blah blah blah you still have to worry about your own career and only an idiot would get beat up every week and take time of his career to do the dirty hit ups etc all the time. They start to say f**k it and then they become a plod too.

If we want change we should stop this fantasy of signing gun players and having them take us to the top four. We should pair back our game to solid deference and maybe be a team who may never win by 20 but we won't lose by 30 either.

While you do that you focus on a no dick head or lazy prick policy in junior. It may hurt you short term but long term you will so a huge pay off.

Then once you have a team with heart that is competitive and has pride and some steel you start to sign some veteran players to show the young guys what it's about, then you make the 8, maybe turn into six. Then you can start to think about titles. This might duck magical turn around is a nonsense being peddled by people who are too dumb to see through the lies being peddled by people who just want to ride the gravy train for as long as they can.

Got stuck into the acid again today huh?

Latest posts