What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guys who left vs. guys who came in

Yosh

Coach
Anyone got a list of players who left us at the end of last year and a list of our recruits for this year

I'd love to compare how our new guys are doing compared to players who are playing elsewhere..

Frederick

Staff member
The only player who left us that's going well is DeGois. The rest are playing just as they did while they were here.

Yosh

Coach
Why about Ciraldo? Thought he looked okay against us.

What's up with De Gois not being injured yet?

perverse

Referee
i hope he doesn't get injured, i like to see him doing well. he's an honest player, DeGois... has a genuine crack. i wish him and the sharkies all the best.

perverse

Referee
i want to know how Lulia is going. i asked in another thread, but i'm not sure i got any responses. i thought he'd be pretty good in the ESL when he left, was really starting to put some good footy back to back. i was actually a little disappointed to see him leave by the end.

Rod

Bench
What's up with De Gois not being injured yet?

He was out for 2 or 3 weeks from about Round 5.

Ciraldo gets through a bit of defensive work for the Panthers, but as we know, doesn't offer a lot else.

Mark Taufua is the only other one we released who is seeing any FG.

I have no idea about our guys that went to the ESL.

RABK

Referee
He's been going very well. Played every game, scored half a dozen tries. He does have Purtell the turtle outside him on the wing though so he hasn't been willing to spread the ball too much.

Watched a Knights highlight video on youtube yesterday - geez Lulia set up 4 or 5 great tries for Uate in his very limited FG opportunities.

perverse

Referee
He's been going very well. Played every game, scored half a dozen tries. He does have Purtell the turtle outside him on the wing though so he hasn't been willing to spread the ball too much.

Watched a Knights highlight video on youtube yesterday - geez Lulia set up 4 or 5 great tries for Uate in his very limited FG opportunities.
That's good to hear, and yeah he did. He was starting to have that splash of class about him. I think he'd be doing a better job than either Wes or Sau at the moment. I'd be very comfortable having him back at the club, but it's probably about as likely as pigs flying. one thing i loved about him is that he was a genuine centre. he looked to create space and setup his winger... and i can't say the same for Wes or Sau.

Big Tim

First Grade
I was one of Keith's defenders on here, and often got pasted for it. I was sad to see him go, but thought we had enough players to cover in the centres with T, Jr, Wes and Pete..... hasnt worked for us yet.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Well T has been good and Wes was too until his elbow injury, been balls since though.

Sau needs to put his best foot forward this week. I get the feeling he's approaching his last chance in FG

perverse

Referee
i thought Sau was good against Parramatta (not saying much). Bennett seems to like the bloke, he seems to be one of his projects at the moment. Sau is a bit of a rough diamond, if you could smooth the edges there's still a good footballer there. he has attributes that make him very dangerous, and blokes number up on him hard when he's going to run the ball. if he learns to exploit the extra attention he receives to put his winger in space he'll be everything we need.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I think the best way to describe Sau is a limited player who would have a lot more potential if he were able to learn a few of the basic skills in the game.

Whether he is capable of changing his game enough to be a decent FG centre I don't know. He has shown signs of trying new things (e.g. actually passing the ball) but he will need to get good at it pretty quickly to prove that he should play FG with us as more than a stop-gap.

The thing is I actually like Sau, he has passion for the club and he gets fired up on the field and wants to do his best for the team. But a one trick pony centre who struggles to set up his winger isn't going to win us games.

perverse

Referee
i'll never forget him tackling both Slater and whoever was playing in the #3 for Melbourne over the sideline together. at 17-10 leading the Storm at the time, it was such a massive play. he's got so much power... just need to utilize it.

i agree with you, Knightside... one thing you could never accuse Sau of is apathy. he generally wears his heart on his sleeve and has a red hot dig. it's a quality about him i have always admired, even with his limited ability. it sounds like he's found that will off the field this year under Wayne, too... dropping the kg's and doing everything asked of him. i haven't given up on the bloke yet, and the signs have been there that he's starting to get it. as i said, bit of a project for Wayne... he's not the finished product yet, but i think he can be a very good finished product.

Yosh

Coach
I personally would have him off the bench if anything. Impact runner out wide. Don't do anything but run into gaps. There'll be alot less for him to think about during games and he'll utilize his power the best running onto short balls.

Latest posts