What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gypsy - The weekly review

gypsy

Bench
Hi, welcome to the new weekly review thread where I dissect the Red Vs performance, talk selections/signings and provide some insight on current happenings concerning the club.

Now, to start with last night.

- Dugan isn't a centre, just filling a gap there. He is quality, so he'll perform in any numbered jersey.
- Quinlan isn't repaying the faith. He needs the slow-motion chip removed from his back. So does Widdop, mind you.
- De Belin was good, ran with intent for the first time in a long time.
- It was only the Sharks.

Stay tuned for more during the week.

Gypsy

Cagey Mac

Bench
It was only the Sharks reserves
Confidence builder however
Still gave up ground through the middle at times
Nightingale outside Dugan made a huge difference
Garvey looked good
DeBelin Creagh Merrin & Friz all did well
Benji on an improvement curve
Quinlan was okay
Improve the timing and two more tries
Oh and Dugan. I apologise for writing him off as a centre. There's potential if that's where he ends up.

Puff2010

Juniors
The Sharks were a reserve grade team, however it was a good hit out for us and an opportunity to put together some of the plays they work on at training. Given our own injury situation and lack of genuine reserve graders knocking the door down, I would select the same team next week. Lets have some consistency so they can get the combinations working

Hi, welcome to the new weekly review thread where I dissect the Red Vs performance, talk selections/signings and provide some insight on current happenings concerning the club.

Stay tuned for more during the week.

Gypsy

I'll be off work all of next week (slight back injury) and I will want stuff to read, so please gypsy, dissect away.

I will , as you say, "stay tuned".

If I get too bored, I guess I could always go to the Sharks forum, and read all their bitching, and gloat over their current misfortunes. That always cheers me up.

TruSaint

Referee
Merrin and Dugan could be missing next week because of Origin. Hope not.

64, mate they will.
Merrin was always going but Dugan, as per Daleys instructions showed enough.
Now dont get me wrong Im a huge Dugan fan. Truth is his 3 tries were a result of Marshall and good hole running.
He will be playing in the centres for sure i think.
I am very happy with what i saw last night ( the scoreboard), but we are delusional of we think we have turned the corner.

hardbaby

Coach
The sharks had a poor team but I really liked the sting out there. Creagh busted his arse off. The edge was powerful. Ah Mau and Thompson were really hard. JDB played tough. I finally saw some mongrel out there. They were a bit ragged but at least there was heart. I liked it.

TruSaint

Referee
The sharks had a poor team but I really liked the sting out there. Creagh busted his arse off. The edge was powerful. Ah Mau and Thompson were really hard. JDB played tough. I finally saw some mongrel out there. They were a bit ragged but at least there was heart. I liked it.

Agree.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Merrin and Dugan could be missing next week because of Origin. Hope not.

I think you can put money on it mate....Dugan will play Origin 2 ....more so if Inglis is likely to miss the game......there's some talk that Scott will move to the centres and Dugan on the wing....not where I would have him, but look at Hayne he is comfortable at full back or wing in the big ones.

TheRev

First Grade
Dugan will cost NSW 1-2 tries if hes left to defend Inglis/Boyd/Slater, he is literally still learning how to defend in that position, it would be crazy to throw him in against the worlds best.

Take away Inglis and its not as important though..

gypsy

Bench
Dugan will cost NSW 1-2 tries if hes left to defend Inglis/Boyd/Slater, he is literally still learning how to defend in that position, it would be crazy to throw him in against the worlds best.

Take away Inglis and its not as important though..

Tldr

Last edited:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Our sets start way too slow. Its been killing us all year.

They played with enthusiasm and thats rewarding to watch.

But we are just too small up front.

dino2170

Juniors
cmn now guys we are too small for any team what a rabble we are i remember when in the 60s,70s and eighties we were renowned for developing and retaining tough mongrel frorwards

WHAT HAVE WE BECOME

pinkmoon

Juniors
Oh and Dugan. I apologise for writing him off as a centre. There's potential if that's where he ends up.

I was waiting for this.

Remember Brett Morris' first few games as a fullback under Price?

Let's wait and see if Dugan can perform in that position week in, week out, against quality opposition before we make any apologies.

Even if he does play the odd good game in the centres, chances are he would have played a good game at fullback which is even more crucial to our success. We need his potency on the kick returns, which is why I feel this is a dud move by Mary.