What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hackevoy gawn

Sphagnum

Coach
http://www.racenet.com.au/news/104281/McEvoy-walks-away-from-Godolphin

For the past 11 years Kerrin McEvoy has been part of the Godolphin and Darley racing operations but that ended on Tuesday when the jockey resigned as its Australian stable rider.

Sheik Mohammed’s Australian racing branch has gone through some major changes this year after former head trainer Peter Snowden parted company with the business.

Snowden was replaced by John O’Shea and the racing team was moved from the Darley banner to Godolphin.

During McEvoy’s time with the racing superpower he partnered more than 500 winners including 29 Group I winners and more than 150 stakes winners.

McEvoy was Godolphin’s number two stable rider in Europe behind Frankie Dettori until he returned to take up the top post in Australia at the start of the 2008/09 racing season.

"I have been blessed to have been given this amazing opportunity to ride for Godolphin and Darley all over the world – it has been a life-changing experience,” McEvoy said. "I am indebted to Sheik Mohammed and the whole team for their support over the journey and I wish them all the best for the future.

"Some of my highlights include Dubawi (Prix Jacques Le Marois), Shamardal (St James' Palace Stks), All the Good (Caulfield Cup), Rule of Law (2nd English Derby and English St Leger), Sepoy (Golden Slipper) and Helmet (Caulfield Guineas).”

McEvoy wouldn’t go into the reasons for his departure other than to say he felt "the landscape and direction of the Australian Darley operation had clearly changed” and the time was right "to pursue other challenges”.

"It has been great getting the continued support of many excellent trainers outside of Darley and I am really looking forward to developing some new and renewing some old relationships around Australia in the coming months,” he said.

While stable rider for Darley’s Australian operation since 2008/09, McEvoy won 22 Group I races including four each on Guelph and Sepoy.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Interesting times for plodolphin. Is o'shea being exposed already?
No it looks like O'Shea is getting what he wants, i know Snowden didn't rate him highly either. Watch McDonald become the stable jockey for Darley now.

Flapper

First Grade
Kerrin rode my dad's horse on Sunday. Normally runs on the speed. Jagged it back from the wide barrier like a boss and ran nowhere. Dickcheese.

Sphagnum

Coach
No it looks like O'Shea is getting what he wants, i know Snowden didn't rate him highly either. Watch McDonald become the stable jockey for Darley now.

Why would macdonald forfeit all of the good rides he has? Won the premiership last year without being attached, doubt he'd throw away his career now.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I never forgave him after he cost me a massive Quaddie on Parables one day, absolutely murdered it.

Apparently Godolphins plan is to share the love around with a number of jockeys, Kerrin will still be an option.

Sphagnum

Coach
I never forgave him after he cost me a massive Quaddie on Parables one day, absolutely murdered it.

Apparently Godolphins plan is to share the love around with a number of jockeys, Kerrin will still be an option.

This is probably true. O'shea would know best... :roll:

I hope plodolphin don't have to settle in a big grp 1 because no decent jockey wants to ride their poorly trained horses.

At least they were guaranteed McEvoy... Until yesterday.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Watch him do his best to murder Sweynesse in the first at Rosehill, should be a sit and steer job but he will make you sweat for sure.

He won't win today but I like Road to Shangri La for the Derby.