What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hagan Is Growing A spine! Burt and Hayne on Notice!

Gronk

Staff member
I think Hayne has a hamstring issue. He can't stretch out. Either that or he's a pea heart.

bartman

Immortal
Hayne was on notice? And he came up with a shocker. Shouldbe having a rest at Wenty. but won't be.

Luke did as well as anyone else would have, given we have holes everywhere and one dimesnional attack. If there was soemone demanding that spot then he'd have a rest, but there's no-one demanding that #1 jersey, n lower grades or amongst his first grade colleagues.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Eric back next week, Tautai had his secind pretty poor game in a row - that's all that will be saving Jarryd's wing spot. Hayne's best position in the team is left right out at the moment imo.

But yeah, let's look at the forawards - how about Hagan pick four genuine front rowers to share the rotation? I f Cayless and Paulo are out, replace them with a real fornt rower, even if he's a kid making his debut (eg Mannah) - that's what other clubs do.

And yeah, let's look at getting K Keating in the mix somehow, to give us more playmaker options. Even if it's from the bench, with M Keating starting hooker and Riddell starting back row, then at least we are trying something different, and will be less predictable to the oppsoition than we were in that 45 minutes of sh*t we dealt up tonight.

Gronk

Staff member
Hayne was on notice? And he came up with a shocker. Shouldbe having a rest at Wenty. but won't be.

Luke did as well as anyone else would have, given we have holes everywhere and one dimesnional attack. If there was soemone demanding that spot then he'd have a rest, but there's no-one demanding that #1 jersey, n lower grades or amongst his first grade colleagues.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Eric back next week, Tautai had his secind pretty poor game in a row - that's all that will be saving Jarryd's wing spot. Hayne's best position in the team is left right out at the moment imo.

But yeah, let's look at the forawards - how about Hagan pick four genuine front rowers to share the rotation? I f Cayless and Paulo are out, replace them with a real fornt rower, even if he's a kid making his debut (eg Mannah) - that's what other clubs do.

And yeah, let's look at getting K Keating in the mix somehow, to give us more playmaker options. Even if it's from the bench, with M Keating starting hooker and Riddell starting back row, then at least we are trying something different, and will be less predictable to the oppsoition than we were in that 45 minutes of sh*t we dealt up tonight.

Agree. Piggy is fat again and his waddles are having little effect. Teams are containing Mateo now. Tying up his arms. We need another option like KK. I was against Mateo going to lock but now I think it has to happen.

Hagan needs to make a minimum of 4 changes. We need fresh blood.

Mr Opinionated

Juniors
Agree. Piggy is fat again and his waddles are having little effect. Teams are containing Mateo now. Tying up his arms. We need another option like KK. I was against Mateo going to lock but now I think it has to happen.

Hagan needs to make a minimum of 4 changes. We need fresh blood.

Just look at what is happening at Souths over the past few weeks. They get rid of quite a few of the old fuddy-duddy's such as Kidwell and Widders and Vagana and bring in a slew of young up-and-comers who may not have been quite ready for first grade but bring in enthusiasm and a desire to more than make up for their inexperience.

And now they are on a 5 game winning streak and only getting better.

The big question now is what will Hagan do to fix his side? Will he do anything? Or will he persist with his cut-and-paste technique that has worked oh so well this year? This Tuesday will be the day. If the team he picks is virtually the same then I will completely give up, not only on Hagan, but on ANYONE ELSE WHO MAKES EXCUSES FOR HIM!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Just look at what is happening at Souths over the past few weeks. They get rid of quite a few of the old fuddy-duddy's such as Kidwell and Widders and Vagana and bring in a slew of young up-and-comers who may not have been quite ready for first grade but bring in enthusiasm and a desire to more than make up for their inexperience.

And now they are on a 5 game winning streak and only getting better.

The big question now is what will Hagan do to fix his side? Will he do anything? Or will he persist with his cut-and-paste technique that has worked oh so well this year? This Tuesday will be the day. If the team he picks is virtually the same then I will completely give up, not only on Hagan, but on ANYONE ELSE WHO MAKES EXCUSES FOR HIM!

do you honestly believe you're Robinson Crusoe?? I'd be hard pressed to find a defender for Coach Hagan at the moment...well maybe Parra Pete but that's it.

Bigfella

Coach
Riddell must start backrow. Anything else is sheer neglgence.

Finch is no a first grade halfback. His defence on the right side is atrocious. He offers ZERO in attack and costs 2-3 tries a match plus huge metres and repeated overlaps. He MUST be looked at. Anyone at half would be better. Give Maloney AND Keating a go. Feleti to backrow with Riddell and Hindy.

Burt's game was the worst he has played at fullback. Defence was non-existent. Urgency in-goal atrocious. Must go and Reddy is the ONLY option. It is his preferred position and he deserves the chance.

Grothe is a MUST. Even if the nuffies still think he was the sole cause of the right side defence (and if they still think that they have massive problems) the fact is we cannot afford to miss his metre gains with our current pack (never could in fact. Fact is he and Fui were our only go forward men.

If these keys aren't looked at nothing will change.

JOB 3:14

Juniors
jst saw an interview with hages on sports tonight with him saying

"yer a few boys in the team need to pick their game up, luke is definately one of them from the past couple of weeks....and jarryd needs to pick up up a bit on the wing before we can re-assess what position he will play that will be best for the team....and yer there are definately a couple of other guys on notice, and we have boys ready to step up for first grade if the curent fellas dont perform"

so is this hagan's way of proving he isnt a spineless halfwit??
;-)

Does this mean that Hagan is 'stepping up' ?