What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hagan press conference v Knights

scottyeel

Bench
MICHAEL HAGAN POST MATCH MEDIA CONFERENCE - ROUND 17
9 July 2007
Q) MICHAEL WERE THERE ANY CONCERNS PRE-GAME THAT YOU COULD SEE SOMETHING LIKE THAT COMING?
A) Well there were a couple of signs that had me a bit concerned, but you'd like to think that you are not seeing things that you want to see. It did appear from nearly the word go that we were a yard off the pace and those fears were confirmed.

Q) ARE YOU ABLE TO ELABORATE ON WHAT THEY WERE?
A) Just in the way we did certain things at training this week - we had a lot longer turnaround between games than you would probably prefer but that is something you just have to deal with - we certainly did not come up too well tonight because of it - there is work to do.

Q) MICHAEL IT WAS ONE OF THOSE NIGHTS COMPOUNDED BY THE INJURY TO BURT?
A) Yes - I think he has a dislocated patella with possible medial damage there as well. It is very disappointing for him considering how well he has been playing, and no-one likes to see injuries to any player. Daniel Wagon hurt his ribs and did not come back on and will be in doubt for this week. We have been OK for injuries up until now so it must be our turn.

Q) IS IT SEASON ENDING FOR BURT?
A) I don't think we are at that stage, but we will know more tomorrow morning after scans.

Q) MICHAEL DOES IT HURT EVEN MORE BECAUSE IT WAS THE KNIGHTS?
A) I don't think anyone enjoys that. Things never pan out like you want it to sometimes. We had an awful night with nearly everything we did and they played very well and deserved to win. They played the conditions very well and we were on the back foot from the word go. You have to cop one of those on the chin every now and again.

Q) MICHAEL WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON NATHAN'S THEORY ABOUT SLOW STARTS?
A) I don't think it has been the case all year. We have certainly been better at the start than we were tonight. It was certainly our worst performance of the year at home that's for sure and we have to turn that around in time for Sunday.

Gronk

Staff member
Bludgers at training should be forced to put on the tackle suit for Fui to charge at them.

Maybe when Hagan sees "the signs" again he will do something about it.

Hurriflatch

Referee
not all that impressed with some of the answers

As said Hagan saw signs at training but did nothing about them
Might be bit on in-fighting with the opinion of the slow starts

Jodeci

Bench
Injury news from the clash against the Knights:

- Luke Burt suffered a dislocated kneecap and medial damage; it is unclear at this stage how long he will be out for. He will undergo more scans in coming days.

- Daniel Wagon has a rib cartilage injury. His return is unclear depending on rehabilitation.

- Ben Smith suffered a severe gash to his knee that required cleaning. It is hopeful he will be available for Round 19.

- Blake Green suffered a shoulder injury in the Premier League match and is likely to be out for around 3-4 weeks.

Utey

Coach
Jodeci said:
Injury news from the clash against the Knights:

- Luke Burt suffered a dislocated kneecap and medial damage; it is unclear at this stage how long he will be out for. He will undergo more scans in coming days.

- Daniel Wagon has a rib cartilage injury. His return is unclear depending on rehabilitation.

- Ben Smith suffered a severe gash to his knee that required cleaning. It is hopeful he will be available for Round 19.

- Blake Green suffered a shoulder injury in the Premier League match and is likely to be out for around 3-4 weeks.

Cheers buddy. I knew our lucky would run out.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
When the commentaters last night said we had only used 23 player's and had a great run with injury i thought he we go. Sure enough :x