What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HAL R6 :: Wellington 2 Sydney 1 @ Westpac

HAL R6 result :: Wellington vs Sydney

• Wellington Phoenix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jobdog

Live Update Team
halr6welsyd.jpg

wphx-home.jpg
VS
sfc-away.jpg

WELLINGTON PHOENIX:
1. Mark PASTON (gk), 3. Tony LOCHHEAD, 4. Jon McKAIN, 5. Karl DODD, 6. Tim BROWN, 7. Leo BERTOS, 8. Vaughan COVENY, 9. Shane SMELTZ, 10. Michael FERRANTE, 11. DANIEL, 12. Richard JOHNSON, 13. Troy HEARFIELD, 15. Adam KWASNIK, 16. David MULLIGAN, 18. Ben SIGMUND, 20. Glen MOSS (gk), 21. Leilei GAO, 22. Andrew DURANTE (captain).
* three to be omitted.​

In. 7. Leo BERTOS (return from injury), 8. Vaughan COVENY (promoted)
Out. Nil.
Unavailable. 17. Vince LIA (knee – season).​

SYDNEY FC:
1.Clint BOLTON (gk), 2. Iain FYFE, 5. Mitchell PRENTICE 6. Tony POPOVIC (C), 7. Rob MIDDLEBY, 8. Stuart MUSIALIK, 10. Steve CORICA, 11. Brendon SANTALAB, 12. Shannon COLE, 14. Alex BROSQUE, 15. Terry MCFLYNN, 19. Mark BRIDGE, 20. Ivan NECEVSKI (gk), 23. John ALOISI, 26. Dez GIRALDI, 27. Matthew JURMAN.
*One to be omitted​

In. Mitchell Prentice (return suspension)
Out. Nil.
Unavailable. Adam Casey (groin - 1 week), Simon Colosimon (groin – 10 weeks), Mike Enfield (knee – 1 weeks), Jacob Timpano (ankle – 3 weeks).​

REFEREE: Chris Beath

Last edited:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I cannot get over how bad Wellington are this year. I might forego the trip to Wellington this year, which is a shame because I f**king love that city.

Sydney 3-0.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The Phoenix to go up early through Shane Smeltz, and then crash down to a 4-1 loss. Sydney goals from Aloisi, McFlynn, Brosque, and Cole.

Dragon

Coach
I just hated the way they bombed it long all throughout the second half, and had just about every pass through midfield intercepted.... so frustrating to watch. They really lack some composure when the going gets tough.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Surprised by that result. Thank God for Melbourne dragging the crowd averages up this round :lol:

Blaze

Juniors
Come down Dr Crane. Wellington aren't that bad.. they have just got off to a bit of a horror start. Vince Lia for the season through injury was a bad loss, but hopefully this result helps the confidence levels and we start reaching our potential.

A couple of wins on the trot and things suddenly look a lot brighter.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Come down Dr Crane. Wellington aren't that bad.. they have just got off to a bit of a horror start. Vince Lia for the season through injury was a bad loss, but hopefully this result helps the confidence levels and we start reaching our potential.

A couple of wins on the trot and things suddenly look a lot brighter.

I like being a pessimist. I'm more pleasantly surprised that way.